Twitter: Cowboys Discussing Trading L Collins

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
And you weren’t wrong my friend. I’d love Trevor penning. Get some nasty back on this line. Slide him in at LG and throw Steele at RT where he did well. Moving him to LT is what messed everything up

Whether right or wrong, the Cowboys are committed to building via the draft.

If they do trade La’el it won’t be necessarily for cap considerations but rather acquiring draft capital to acquire cheaper talent (players are rookie contracts are infinitely cheaper than veterans on pending contracts).

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Not totally surprised that the team thinks highly of T. Steele, he played well last year, but I thought they would try and kick L. Collins inside back to guard.

Trading him is an interesting move.

Ken

Reaction score
Not totally surprised that the team thinks highly of T. Steele, he played well last year, but I thought they would try and kick L. Collins inside back to guard. Trading him is an interesting move.
If they can get a 3rd or better for him, absolutely do this. I don't like the guy, i think his play is uninspiring. I believe that Steele outplayed him big time this year. Steele is younger and cheaper.

Looks like we would only save about 1.25 mill on the cap with this move but they must not like Collins and probably want to get better in the run game. We were better with Steele out there in the run game.

Creeper

Reaction score
What does this mean? Did the Cowboys initiate these talks or were they approached? I prefer to keep him because Steele is still a question mark, IMO. But if someone made an offer of a 1st round pick I would consider it. Trading him for a 2nd or 3rd would be dumb.

The big problem with trading Collins is what happens if Tyron goes down again?

The benefit of trading him is they draft a replacement who will be cheaper on his rookie deal. Otherwise this hurts more than it helps.

Carson

Reaction score
Someone else said it already but I’ll second it. The offense was humming along with Steele at RT.
Thing is, they are in love with Penning. So you’re trading Collins and likely moving Steele back to the bench

Xavier187

Reaction score
We will get a Late late first or a 2nd and another pick.
The writing was on the wall for Collins. Steele is younger and cheaper and when next year comes around we shall have a boat load of cash avaliable .

Dallas needs picks we have a chance to still remain competitive.

Jipper

Reaction score
I love it, get rid of underperformers and get a pick, draft more young guys....they may pan out or may not but at least it will be different and exciting

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So a trade only frees up around $1.5 million. So this isn't a cap related move for this year at least.

However - use that extra $1.5 and sign your freaking pro bowl punter please!

kumizi

Reaction score
Good

If you think Cooper and Dlaw are entitled and overpaid vets and you need a culture change, then you have to feel the same way about Lael.