Twitter: Cowboys Discussing Trading L Collins

ESisback

Reaction score
O lineman are worth their weight in gold. Even if he’s imperfect, you should only ever entertain this if you have a clear upgrade in sight.
Naw, it’s the Cowboys! They couldn’t POSSIBLY have a clear upgrade in sight!

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Collins had a very very poor year in run blocking which at one time was his strength.
I was chalking it up to coming off inactivity and hip surgery and hoping he’d be back to his old self in 2022, but maybe the Cowboys think he won’t recover the strength and drive. He was fairly solid in pass protection, so I’m sure some teams would value him as a starter. Maybe this means they are high on Steele and Ball or some OL in rounds 3-4. Or maybe they asked him to move inside and he refused.

It’s time to start rebuilding the OL with less expensive options so we can keep more valuable players who are performing better.

Batman1980

Reaction score
In tough situations like this I always think to myself WWTD.

What Would Tad Do?

This is actually the right choice. La'El Collins and Tyron Smith are no longer reliable for 17+ games a season. If you can replace them with a decent T and get draft pick compensation for moving them, run don't walk to that deal.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
He'll just berate you.
You should be able to talk gibberish on a message board and screw you for not wrapping your head around it!
Lol.

He's my guy, but dang...
He can berate me all he wants. At least I can put my thoughts out there so the reader can make sense of them. Trying to sift through his mumbo jumbo and zero punctuation is like reading a kindergartner’s scribbles. I only had to look at the first sentence on that verbiage to know it was BB.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I really don't have a problem with trading him. I honestly half expected them to restructure his deal for cap room, which would free up 6m. Then put him back at LG. I said when he went out and Steele played so well that when he returned he should have been moved there...I still think it would have given us our best OL possible.

If he is gone, we are going into FA and the draft with a starting OL of Smith, McGovern, Biadasz, Martin and Steele. I just don't see that as being good enough. It wasn't good enough this year. And then our depth would be Farniok and Ball. Maybe Alarcon. Nothing proven.

What is interesting to me is that Collins is supposedly Dak's best friend on the team....can't see this as a positive development for Dak. Additionally, letting C. Wilson walk most likely....they are getting rid of another guy that Dak seems to have a good connection with. Now some are saying maybe Schuster comes in since he is working out with Dak and Lamb.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Unless they are trading him for real assets, it makes no sense as a cap move.

Apparently has little to do with cap........IMO it is more attitude ( culture ). Remember he missed time for injuries that had nothing to do with football.

Batman1980

Reaction score
I really don't have a problem with trading him. I honestly half expected them to restructure his deal for cap room, which would free up 6m. Then put him back at LG. I said when he went out and Steele played so well that when he returned he should have been moved there...I still think it would have given us our best OL possible.

If he is gone, we are going into FA and the draft with a starting OL of Smith, McGovern, Biadasz, Martin and Steele. I just don't see that as being good enough. It wasn't good enough this year. And then our depth would be Farniok and Ball. Maybe Alarcon. Nothing proven.

What is interesting to me is that Collins is supposedly Dak's best friend on the team....can't see this as a positive development for Dak. Additionally, letting C. Wilson walk most likely....they are getting rid of another guy that Dak seems to have a good connection with. Now some are saying maybe Schuster comes in since he is working out with Dak and Lamb.

I thought Zeke was Dak's best friend on the team.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
He can berate me all he wants. At least I can put my thoughts out there so the reader can make sense of them. Trying to sift through his mumbo jumbo and zero punctuation is like reading a kindergartner’s scribbles. I only had to look at the first sentence on that verbiage to know it was BB.
Yeah.
I know.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I thought Zeke was Dak's best friend on the team.

They just smoke weed together.

When Collins got suspended, there were articles about how he and Dak are super close. Yes, Elliott and Dak are close as well...but there doesn't appear to be any chance of Zeke going anywhere this year....but there is discussion about Collins. He is definitely part of Dak's circle.

JayFord

Reaction score
I would do the same

dude has regressed big time if they cant trade him give him one more season at Guard and stop playing him at Tackle

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Heck yeah they should.

I was waiting for this. Collins stepped in and the line immediately got worse. You can be a better player and still not a good fit for the team. Steele doesn't have his pedigree but played very well and so did the line and running game.

Throw in the inconsistent availability and it's an easy decision.
Always seemed to be a learning curve issue with Collins and not his physical ability so I reluctantly agree.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Really late and didn't read every response.

But if the Cowboys can trade Collins they have to do it. Steele actually outperformed Collins last year. And the money saved from moving on from Collins can either help get some players re-signed or perhaps allow the team to keep Amari Cooper after all.

Carson

Reaction score
Really late and didn't read every response.

But if the Cowboys can trade Collins they have to do it. Steele actually outperformed Collins last year. And the money saved from moving on from Collins can either help get some players re-signed or perhaps allow the team to keep Amari Cooper after all.
$1.5 million saved this year :(

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
$1.5 million saved this year :(

Interesting. So maybe this is more about getting a draft pick than cap space; or the team is really that dissatisfied with his performance (which very well could be the case based on 2021).