Cowboys doing nothing?

Big_D

Reaction score
A few 4 and 13 years will kill that in a hurry.
lol again no one cares about 12 wins. Remember that 13 win season back in 07? you think people look back fondly on that? you must be on the payroll because there really seems to be no playoff bar at all as far as you’re concerned. If they were winning 4 games, then you build towards a window. If they’re winning 12, the window is open and it don’t stay open very long.

Last edited:

rambo2

Reaction score
lol again no one cares about 12 wins. Remember that 13 win season back in 07? you think people look back fondly on that? you must be on the payroll because there really seems to be no playoff bar at all as far as you’re concerned. If they were winning 4 games, then you build towards a window. If they’re winning 12, the window is open and it don’t stay open very long.
The window is open right now for a 4th year.

rambo2

Reaction score
Beating a 46 year old Brady on an 8-9 football team. but sure they beat up on 1 old guy. Which was basically what happened.
That old guy won the Super Bowl 2 years earlier.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
No one knows his asking price, so why people speculating like they have a clue.
I don't know where the numbers are coming from and I haven't made any predictions about asking price, I'm only hoping for something less than ridiculous. So ask somebody who is predicting specifics. But past practice and fan's curiosity being what it is, I don't think your desire to quell the subject of exorbitant QB contracts is going to be met with much success. Only a very limited few QBs have actually sought to help their team by limiting their greed and settling for a more reasonable, team friendly contract. Tom Brady was one of them.
In the past, Dak has not shown such a team friendly tendency.

tomokawan

Reaction score
yes FA hasn't started but this team hasn't indicated they are doing anything different from past years. At this point, you gotta just believe what they say and do, and not assume they are being secretive about anything. I'm not expecting much at all other than maybe extensions for Dak or Ceedee
Has any team indicated what they are doing yet???? Why would announce any thing now?? You shut up and just do your business. Don't let other teams know your intention.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Has any team indicated what they are doing yet???? Why would announce any thing now?? You shut up and just do your business. Don't let other teams know your intention.
Well GM Jeruh never shuts up. It would be bette did he did.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Free agency hasn't even started yet???
Yeah. I'm all for killing the decision makers of this team for ignoring FA every year and not understanding how it keeps them from getting better, but let's at least see what they do first

Jarntt

Reaction score
How many times do I have to tell you guys. We don't have any salary cap room. At present, we're over.
I guess the same number of times you have to be told yes we do. We don't need to restructure Dak to resign FAs. CeeDee and a couple money re-structures will do just find. CeeDee alone will save us over $10M. Any FA we sign will have a very low year one cap hit

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
The cap isn’t a myth and neither are the ways that teams consistently manipulate and maneuver around the cap. The cowboys could do whatever they wanted this offseason if certain things were done. If you think they shouldn’t that’s fair, if they think they shouldn’t that’s fair but simply saying they can’t is not accurate. They can- it’s not easy but it could get done.

Maybe they don’t want to do said things, maybe they can’t because certain players aren’t receptive, maybe they shouldn’t for the long term future of the team but every year teams that are in cap hell or have no money or in the red find ways to get out of said cap issues in the now.

It doesn’t mean teams never lose good players or hard decisions aren’t needed, the cap is real in that way but the rules of the cba are also real in that it allows flexibility and grey areas to put resources or improve other areas of the team. So yes, the cap is real but so are the ways that teams get around them every single offseason.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
Still holding out hope they are actually gonna do something huh bud? lol. that front office has given plenty of indicators over the past few months of what they plan to do, and that's nothing different from the past 10 years.

Chasing6

Reaction score
sounds like they had a bad team, but I won't ruin your memory. They were probably ranked number 1 in the playoffs that year, my memory fails me. shrugs.
But a lot of our fans believe the GOAT can win all by himself.