Draft Day ***Cowboys Draft DAY TWO***

Status
Not open for further replies.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I know some feel like we're just treading water with these picks, essentially replacing Cooper/Wilson, Gregory and Williams, but we were not a bad team last year and it's possible for us to get better despite what we lost. I especially feel like that on the offensive line because Williams was a weak link.

Now, the argument that our rivals also got better in the draft while also using FA is legitimate, but it seemed like (at least the first half of the year) that we were pretty far ahead of them. I don't know if we get back to that level of play, but the ability was there. It's probably still not enough for us to make much noise in the playoffs since some of those teams improved in FA and the draft, but we'll see.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
I know some feel like we're just treading water with these picks, essentially replacing Cooper/Wilson, Gregory and Williams, but we were not a bad team last year and it's possible for us to get better despite what we lost. I especially feel like that on the offensive line because Williams was a weak link.

Now, the argument that our rivals also got better in the draft while also using FA is legitimate, but it seemed like (at least the first half of the year) that we were pretty far ahead of them. I don't know if we get back to that level of play, but the ability was there. It's probably still not enough for us to make much noise in the playoffs since some of those teams improved in FA and the draft, but we'll see.
I've been having this funny, calm optimism about this season since the playoff loss. I can't explain it but it feels like the stars are going to align and this team is going to make some magic happen.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I've been having this funny, calm optimism about this season since the playoff loss. I can't explain it but it feels like the stars are going to align and this team is going to make some magic happen.

Oh, I have no expectations of success. I gave up on that because my heart can't take getting my hopes up again only to have them dashed. I just see no real reason to be down on the team, either. We're not significantly different than we were last year. Maybe that means the other NFC East teams overtake us because they've done more in the offseason, but they also had further to go to catch us.

black label

Reaction score
get the loser qb more help with a guy that runs after big wheels in slow motion rofl

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Oh, I have no expectations of success. I gave up on that because my heart can't take getting my hopes up again only to have them dashed. I just see no real reason to be down on the team, either. We're not significantly different than we were last year. Maybe that means the other NFC East teams overtake us because they've done more in the offseason, but they also had further to go to catch us.
Usually I'd be in the same boat. Last year was a really pleasant surprise due to low expectations. I'm not expecting anything this year either. Just a feeling that I can't explain.

Creeper

Reaction score
Huh? Tyler isn't starting at tackle. They've already said he has to beat out McGovern at LG. Dude may not start at all untill injury happens.

If Tyler Smith does not beat out McGovern to play LG the Cowboys are in trouble. I have a bad feeling about Steele too.

Status
Not open for further replies.