Draft Day ***Cowboys Draft DAY TWO***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadenough

Reaction score
get the loser qb more help with a guy that runs after big wheels in slow motion rofl
Until they change the QB this offense will always struggle against better teams and never be able to string together playoffs wins. But they just keep changing all the pieces around the QB hoping for different results.

chicago JK

Reaction score
I said our first day was uninspired, and would say the same for day 2. Williams is really fast, but I agree with Bob Sturm that he leaves you wanting more. He doesn't appear to have much outside of a going around you. I just worry that pro tackles can take your best move away. We will see. Tolbert was very productive, but I liked other receivers who went a little earlier better. I will hold off until I see all them play, but I don't know if he is anything more than a #3.

This just feels like a too cute draft and drafting for need. Cowboys have 25 plus years of results that these types of drafts typically do not turn out good for them.

edit: Let me add this appears to be the beauty in the eye of the beholder draft in the middle rounds. I am by no means a guy who thinks Kiper, Jeremiah and Brugler are the end all experts on all these prospects. But the Cowboys have a long track record when they pick players well ahead of where these guys have prospects ranked, it doesn't typically work out for Dallas. We will see.

Last edited:

Jipper

Reaction score
The level of meh and lack of energy here is the worst I've ever seen in a cowboys draft.

I hate to say it but I think we passed the tipping point for many fans

blueblood70

Reaction score
Take off your fan hat. If Washington plays significant snaps we are in deep trouble. Noah Brown can't catch. Fehoko is terrible. Gallup won't play until at least November. CD will be constantly doubled.
dont need to its team game and we have talent regardless of AC being out..you scheme to cover up weak areas..put your fan hat opn its all you are lmao you think you are GM or FO guy you ARE NOT

we will start the season healthy we have zeke ,pollard, schultz, Lamb, and dak you devise gameplan the first 2 games without Gallup around them and then guys like Washington and others supplement. Its not hard .. plus the off season far from over, post draft cuts , pickups, and June 1st cuts will happen and the FO will fill in any holes left.

i disagree Washington is Cedrick Wilson just waiting on more snaps..hes a lot better then folks are giving him credit for..no surprise fans around here are turds unless the names are big and splashy,,

blueblood70

Reaction score
The level of meh and lack of energy here is the worst I've ever seen in a cowboys draft.

I hate to say it but I think we passed the tipping point for many fans
BUH Bye! :clap:

tip that..

real fans know paper rosters dont win games and just because of no splash names i say we aver good team and don't care what pothers think.."its why you play the games. Lots can happen between now and game 1 and 17 games determine whos successful or not..not even the first 8 as we saw in 18 when fans wrote us off and we not only stormed back we won the division and made it to the 2nd round..get passed the lack of star power its team game and fans aren't real fans if IF they need that to get pumped up to watch the :starspin::star::flagwave: then good riddance weak minded new era fans go take hike!!

we are fans our jobs are to watch and debate game and debate the season, NOT the mood of the bipolar depressive debbie downer fans feelings over the still very long offseason of roster building..

if you cant handle it ill shove all of them off my bandwagon like ive done since 1980..:popcorn::oldcouple::angry::rolleyes:

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If Tyler Smith does not beat out McGovern to play LG the Cowboys are in trouble. I have a bad feeling about Steele too.

Hes an iron golem right now. Zero technique, bad feet. But his saving grace is he really strong and that has covered up how bad he plays so far. He can't pull like they had CW doing and he's about to get schooled by some of the smart technicians at DT in this league.

Jipper

Reaction score
BUH Bye! :clap:

tip that..

real fans know paper rosters dont win games and just because of no splash names i say we aver good team and don't care what pothers think.."its why you play the games. Lots can happen between now and game 1 and 17 games determine whos successful or not..not even the first 8 as we saw in 18 when fans wrote us off and we not only stormed back we won the division and made it to the 2nd round..get passed the lack of star power its team game and fans aren't real fans if IF they need that to get pumped up to watch the :starspin::star::flagwave: then good riddance weak minded new era fans go take hike!!

we are fans our jobs are to watch and debate game and debate the season, NOT the mood of the bipolar depressive debbie downer fans feelings over the still very long offseason of roster building..

if you cant handle it ill shove all of them off my bandwagon like ive done since 1980..:popcorn::oldcouple::angry::rolleyes:

Ha shove away....can you please push Stephen and Jerry while you are at it, then put it in reverse and back up

blueblood70

Reaction score
Ha shove away....can you please push Stephen and Jerry while you are at it, then put it in reverse and back up
that not happening you are far easier to get rid of..seems lie you and other are wasting your time spending your days in forums arguing against teams you claim to be fans of..move on.. what's the point feeding your miserable personality daily, sounds unhealthy..

Carson

Reaction score
I said our first day was uninspired, and would say the same for day 2. Williams is really fast, but I agree with Bob Sturm that he leaves you wanting more. He doesn't appear to have much outside of a going around you. I just worry that pro tackles can take your best move away. We will see. Tolbert was very productive, but I liked other receivers who went a little earlier better. I will hold off until I see all them play, but I don't know if he is anything more than a #3.

This just feels like a too cute draft and drafting for need. Cowboys have 25 plus years of results that these types of drafts typically do not turn out good for them.

edit: Let me add this appears to be the beauty in the eye of the beholder draft in the middle rounds. I am by no means a guy who thinks Kiper, Jeremiah and Brugler are the end all experts on all these prospects. But the Cowboys have a long track record when they pick players well ahead of where these guys have prospects ranked, it doesn't typically work out for Dallas. We will see.
Teams make that work.

Robert Quinn is very similar. Dude got like 18 sacks and doesn't play the run at all

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
that not happening you are far easier to get rid of..seems lie you and other are wasting your time spending your days in forums arguing against teams you claim to be fans of..move on.. what's the point feeding your miserable personality daily, sounds unhealthy..
I agree that people are being too negative and judging prematurely, but there's a reason for the saying, "misery loves company". They take comfort in knowing they're not the only ones who feel a sense of doom.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I agree that people are being too negative and judging prematurely, but there's a reason for the saying, "misery loves company". They take comfort in knowing they're not the only ones who feel a sense of doom.
true but ill for sure check their every move..ghet old fast..6months before game 1 and they are predicting 6-11 total loss lol..

Status
Not open for further replies.