Twitter: Cowboys extend Demarcus Lawrence

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You want to blame the Cowboys for not signing the deal. But they can’t make Dak sign it.

And for the record, it may be cheaper on the Cowboys to have Dak play on the franchise rage this year, if they move on from Dak. It’s unlikely, but it’s becoming more of a possibility as time marches on and his demands skyrocket.

If they move on, you will have a point and I will gladly concede it then. Not before.

Dak overplayed his hand. Dak knows that. That is why Dak tried to intervene in the negotiations at the last minute, but it was too late to get a deal done.

If you believe that, explain why Dak hasn’t fired an agent whose work he had to do himself?

ItzKelz

Reaction score
No I don't think so. It's a matter of common sense. I can't discuss a point of view if I don't know what it is. I mean, come on, this is dense 101 here. You literally have nothing other then what some other poster has said somewhere, at some time and I am supposed to know what that is? No, that's BS. State your position or move on. Don't try and tell me that I don't know or don't understand something you have never articulated. You made a claim and produced nothing to support it or even make statement of what it is based upon. That's on you.

I promise you though, I see through you. You really don't know what any of this is about. You are like going along with whatever the talking point is and trying to play it off. It's cool, I don't care but don't try and play it off like "Oh, it's a matter of principle"........ That's for suckers.
Did you even read what i said? lol

And what is I see through you stuff? lol

You take this way to serious

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Did you even read what i said? lol

And what is I see through you stuff? lol

You take this way to serious

Sure did. What I didn't read was your opinion that supports your statements on how Stephen screwed up. You got that handy or is that the job of some other poster as well?

aikemirv

Reaction score
On the team's books for their salary cap. Not in Jones's pockets.

He wasn't "on the decline" that's another false narrative you're failing to push.

My opinion is supported by facts. There's the key difference. You're trying to push false narratives and telling me that one season is greater than three. Utter nonsense.

On the teams books for their salary cap - what? Salary cap is funny money, not actual dollars spent per year.

One season is greater than 3 when it leads to Super Bowl in Goff's Case.

In Wentz case it was 2 seasons of good play before injury

These are not terrible numbers but it sure is not an improvement!

QBR 2016- 78
QBR 2017 - 69
QBR 2018 - 56

What actual facts support - "the Cowboys lowballed"

Where is the offer- you have yet to produce it.

What actual facts support they bungled it - what has Dak done to produce a title?

You have no facts until a deal is signed #1 and 2 that he actually produces something of merit like at least an NFC championship or a Super Bowl. Without that it does not really matter whether it is Dalton or Dak getting us to a winning record. You want Jerry to fork out 35 mill a year just to get a winning record?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On the teams books for their salary cap - what? Salary cap is funny money, not actual dollars spent per year.

One season is greater than 3 when it leads to Super Bowl in Goff's Case.

In Wentz case it was 2 seasons of good play before injury

These are not terrible numbers but it sure is not an improvement!

QBR 2016- 78
QBR 2017 - 69
QBR 2018 - 56

Again, I can pull up their career numbers so you can look even worse? Just say the word.

What actual facts support - "the Cowboys lowballed"

Where is the offer- you have yet to produce it.

What actual facts support they bungled it - what has Dak done to produce a title?

You have no facts until a deal is signed #1 and 2 that he actually produces something of merit like at least an NFC championship or a Super Bowl. Without that it does not really matter whether it is Dalton or Dak getting us to a winning record. You want Jerry to fork out 35 mill a year just to get a winning record?

I want the guy that’s earned it above his contemporaries to get paid for his work.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Based on Wentz and Watson's contracts, that's probably his market. He's better than both. Could have done the deal two years ago for much less.
No they couldn’t. They tried and Dak said no. He wanted to play out his contract and try to get even more money. Seems it’s going to work.

Praxit

Reaction score
...going to need cap space, once Trysten Hill goes guns blazing.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Sure they could have. They tried to low-ball him and Dak stood up for himself.
He was given a good offer at the time it was made. He simply said no and decided to bet on himself for even more money. It appears it’s going to work out for him like I said.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Sure did. What I didn't read was your opinion that supports your statements on how Stephen screwed up. You got that handy or is that the job of some other poster as well?
google man. I just did. It's available. And it was Jerry not Stephen. The kid in me is keeping from posting it. I appreciate you helping get through my Friday

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
google man. I just did. It's available. And it was Jerry not Stephen. The kid in me is keeping from posting it. I appreciate you helping get through my Friday

LOL..... Stephen is the guy on this. It's not Jerry so I'm not sure what you are talking about, which kinda makes us even right? I'm pretty sure you are lost over what you are talking about as well. So, Google, it's your friend, yadadada......... Sounds good, let me know when you actually start using it and maybe we can follow on with this discussion. Might be totally different once you actually get on Google and learn more about our team so yeah, I'm stoked!

As for Friday, don't mention it. I am here to help in any way I can.

Have a great weekend!

ItzKelz

Reaction score
LOL..... Stephen is the guy on this. It's not Jerry so I'm not sure what you are talking about, which kinda makes us even right? I'm pretty sure you are lost over what you are talking about as well. So, Google, it's your friend, yadadada......... Sounds good, let me know when you actually start using it and maybe we can follow on with this discussion. Might be totally different once you actually get on Google and learn more about our team so yeah, I'm stoked!

Have a great weekend!
Yea it was a slow day at work. Didn't get busy until I was supposed to get off. Now Im still here. I honestly do not know who I have been chatting with the entire time Ive been on today

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Yea it was a slow day at work. Didn't get busy until I was supposed to get off. Now Im still here. I honestly do not know who I have been chatting with the entire time Ive been on today

I understand, Friday is a work day for me too and I'm just now signing off myself. So have a great weekend, stay safe and come back educated!

Peace...

Verdict

Reaction score
If they move on, you will have a point and I will gladly concede it then. Not before.

If you believe that, explain why Dak hasn’t fired an agent whose work he had to do himself?
That’s pretty widely known, Stash. He wouldn’t have to fire his manager to intervene. Tank did the same thing at one point.

Verdict

Reaction score
Wait, you were supposed to google that Verdict. Not sure this very sensible take on the situation can be admissible unless you googled it according to this poster.

This entire thing is silly but your post is 100% accurate IMO.
Yeah. I feel your pain bro. People want citations for everything or they won’t accept it.

But if you provide a citation that’s u true they will swallow it hook, line and sinker. Strange times we live in.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s pretty widely known, Stash.

Speculated.

He wouldn’t have to fire his manager to intervene. Tank did the same thing at one point.

Tank’s deal actually got done.

Would you keep someone around who bungled your deal where you had to step in?

Easy answer.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

Have a great weekend!
A single Google search uses up enough energy to light a LED light bulb for 5 minutes.
Isn't that crazy?

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
He was given a good offer at the time it was made. He simply said no and decided to bet on himself for even more money. It appears it’s going to work out for him like I said.
You have zero idea what the offer was. None. This is a ridiculous argument. I feel dumb for even talking part in it.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Again, I can pull up their career numbers so you can look even worse? Just say the word.

I want the guy that’s earned it above his contemporaries to get paid for his work.
So no facts then...