Twitter: Cowboys extend Demarcus Lawrence

ItzKelz

Reaction score
That's not what I asked for and that's not what you claimed. You claimed Stephen made a mistake with Dak. I said that this was not true and there was no proof of this. I said this was business and encouraged you to state your facts over your opinion that Stephen screwed up. That was your claim so it's yours to prove or defend. I asked you for your justification of that statement and you said that you had already provided that. As I saw no such proof provided, I asked you to provide that info again. At the very least, point out what post, in this thread, you provided that. You avoided the question.

The statement is yours, you own it, you defend it. If you won't or you can't then that's that. It's nothing except opinion but you didn't claim that. You claimed to have already stated the facts, given the proof. That's apparently not true. So here we are, still no facts but at least we have arrived at the point where you admit this is only opinion on your part.

That's fine with me, everybody is entitled to their own opnion. Just not to pass it off as fact.
You said that you had never heard that. There is proof of that which another poster already posted. Youre a Cowboys fans you are supposed to know these things lol. Why do I have to post things that you can google for free. I said Stephen but it was actually Jerry.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol no one has ever said that they could not sign a player due to Crawfords contract.

"Lol" indeed. No one other than you has ever suggested that as the only possibility either way. But continue to enjoy your own ignorance. Nobody else has to.

I don't care about the Texans LT. I was only giving an example of an obvious situation were a player was traded instead of risking not being able to sign another player

More willful ignorance on display. You have a clear pattern on that. I can't control someone else practicing willful ignorance. You go right ahead and continue.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
"Lol" indeed. No one other than you has ever suggested that as the only possibility either way. But continue to enjoy your own ignorance. Nobody else has to.

More willful ignorance on display. You have a clear pattern on that. I can't control someone else practicing willful ignorance. You go right ahead and continue.
You or no one else has ever heard of Crawford's cap hit keeping us from signing another player.....this is either true or it is not.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You or no one else has ever heard of Crawford's cap hit keeping us from signing another player.....this is either true or it is not.

It's not true. It is unverifiable. Learn the difference.

And last I checked, they still haven't been able to sign the quarterback long term, but I'm sure that doesn't align with your failed agenda here either so you'll willfully ignore that too.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You said that you had never heard that. There is proof of that which another poster already posted. Youre a Cowboys fans you are supposed to know these things lol. Why do I have to post things that you can google for free. I said Stephen but it was actually Jerry.

You are mistaken. I said no such thing. See, this is why it's important to understand the whole, proof thing and why you need to state it.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
It's not true. It is unverifiable. Learn the difference.

And last I checked, they still haven't been able to sign the quarterback long term, but I'm sure that doesn't align with your failed agenda here either so you'll willfully ignore that too.
Totally agree.

lol Failed agenda? You must think a lot of me.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
You are mistaken. I said no such thing. See, this is why it's important to understand the whole, proof thing and why you need to state it.
Google it man. I really don't know which one of yall Ive been passing time with but google is free

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes. They should have held Dak down and forcibly made him sign it.

Or maybe not lowballed him the way they did?

Or tried to force a long term deal when it wasn't happening?

Either one of those would have worked too.

But you're free to ignore that too.

Verdict

Reaction score
We are doing a lot of “kicking the can down the road”. It’s not a good pattern to be starting. Maybe an awesome draft class this year will even things out a little.

I realize the sky is not falling yet, but it’s starting to cloud up a little and you can hear the thunder starting to rumble.

It is better for the Cowboys to start rolling over cap space this year and they can add more next year if, necessary. They will need room for Dak’s franchise tag, when he gets tagged again next year. I think we can anticipate it’s coming again.

It’s a reasonable thing to do, under the circumstances, (actually a necessity) but it would have been better to not have have been forced to do it.

Tank better be worth his contract this year. That’s a bad contract so far.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
There is proof of that which another poster already posted. Youre a Cowboys fans you are supposed to know these things lol. Why do I have to post things that you can google for free. I said Stephen but it was actually Jerry.

So if there is proof, then post it, as was asked previously. I mean, it's like a 5 minute thing to take it apart but if that's what has to happen, again, then lets do that.

I am a Cowboys fan, which is why I know your BS line is just that. You, yourself said that you had aleady given the statement. You, yourself said the following in post number 122 of this thread:

I already stated the fact

Now you say another poster made the statement. I'm beginning to think that you really don't know what was said or what the actual details are here. Is that what's going on here?

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I'm glad we found something.

A bit less today.
The agenda thing threw me. Because my only point this entire time has been I want valuable players on my team and their paycheck means nothing to me as long as they are not keeping us from signing other valuable players. There is no agenda other than keeping me from being bored.

Verdict

Reaction score
Or maybe not lowballed him the way they did?

Or tried to force a long term deal when it wasn't happening?

Either one of those would have worked too.

But you're free to ignore that too.

You want to blame the Cowboys for not signing the deal. But they can’t make Dak sign it.

And for the record, it may be cheaper on the Cowboys to have Dak play on the franchise rage this year, if they move on from Dak. It’s unlikely, but it’s becoming more of a possibility as time marches on and his demands skyrocket.

Dak overplayed his hand. Dak knows that. That is why Dak tried to intervene in the negotiations at the last minute, but it was too late to get a deal done.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Google it man. I really don't know which one of yall Ive been passing time with but google is free

Yep, like I said, random dude with ludicrous assertions and no proof. Your in the book and thanks for playing.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
So if there is proof, then post it, as was asked previously. I mean, it's like a 5 minute thing to take it apart but if that's what has to happen, again, then lets do that.

I am a Cowboys fan, which is why I know your BS line is just that. You, yourself said that you had aleady given the statement. You, yourself said the following in post number 122 of this thread:

Now you say another poster made the statement. I'm beginning to think that you really don't know what was said or what the actual details are here. Is that what's going on here?
It's a matter of principle man lol.....I ain't posting it may.

The other guy member or whoever posted after he saw that you were asking for it. Me on the other hand didn't want the conversation to end so quickly; so I kept quiet lol. I promise you can google it.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You want to blame the Cowboys for not signing the deal. But they can’t make Dak sign it.

And for the record, it may be cheaper on the Cowboys to have Dak play on the franchise rage this year, if they move on from Dak. It’s unlikely, but it’s becoming more of a possibility as time marches on and his demands skyrocket.

Dak overplayed his hand. Dak knows that. That is why Dak tried to intervene in the negotiations at the last minute, but it was too late to get a deal done.

Wait, you were supposed to google that Verdict. Not sure this very sensible take on the situation can be admissible unless you googled it according to this poster.

This entire thing is silly but your post is 100% accurate IMO.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
It's a matter of principle man lol.....I ain't posting it may.

The other guy member or whoever posted after he saw that you were asking for it. Me on the other hand didn't want the conversation to end so quickly; so I kept quiet lol. I promise you can google it.

No I don't think so. It's a matter of common sense. I can't discuss a point of view if I don't know what it is. I mean, come on, this is dense 101 here. You literally have nothing other then what some other poster has said somewhere, at some time and I am supposed to know what that is? No, that's BS. State your position or move on. Don't try and tell me that I don't know or don't understand something you have never articulated. You made a claim and produced nothing to support it or even make statement of what it is based upon. That's on you.

I promise you though, I see through you. You really don't know what any of this is about. You are like going along with whatever the talking point is and trying to play it off. It's cool, I don't care but don't try and play it off like "Oh, it's a matter of principle"........ That's for suckers.

Jarntt

Reaction score
If you need the cap space in 2021, you can restructure in 2021.
Yes and No. Two sides to this. If you only restructure once it is indeed better to wait until next year. I could show you the math or you likely already did it yourself but you do help yourself more in 2021 by waiting until 2021 to restructure a player than you do if you restructure him now and roll the savings into next year. So from that perspective you are correct.

BUT, if the crap (can't say **** here?) really hits the fan and you restructure a player in 2020 you can choose to restructure him a second time in 2021 which by far creates more cap space in 2021 and right now 2021 is the problem year. Yes, any restructure is just kicking the can down the road but with the anomaly of a one year huge dip in the cap followed by expected big increases when the next tv contract kicks in, it makes this the one time where I am not really against kicking the can down the road. So, the benefit of restructuring now is that you can restructure again next year if you choose to. You obviously can't do that if you wait until 2021.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
We are freeing up so much cap room.....

...for Stephen to brag about and do nothing with.