Signed by Cowboys *** Cowboys extend Lamb for 4 years / $136 million ***

Hadenough

Reaction score
right the lack of targets for CD is alarming...man how did you type that with a straight face?
Go back and look at the play-by-place in the box score of the Green Bay game and CD had two drops early on and then he didn't see a ball till like halftime. You wonder why he was mad well now you know at halftime they were down 27 to 7

shabazz

Reaction score
The fan base is so ridiculous. Who cares how much these guys get paid? We don't share in the spoils.
To be accurate about this we don't care about salaries on a personal level as that's their business however, because there is a salary cap, we keep up with the game within the game in terms of how a team can be constructed within that cap.

There's numerous websites that do nothing but rate the salaries of the players in regards to the cap

We debate if each player is worth their salary cap burden. A good example is @America's Cowboy . We all know AC truly believes in Dak but he also draws the line as to what his salary cap burden is because he realizes that the pie only divides so many times.

AC, I hope I characterized you accurately.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To be accurate about this we don't care about salaries on a personal level as that's their business however, because there is a salary cap, we keep up with the game within the game in terms of how a team can be constructed within that cap.

There's numerous websites that do nothing but rate the salaries of the players in regards to the cap

We debate if each player is worth their salary cap burden. A good example is @America's Cowboy . We all know AC truly believes in Dak but he also draws the line as to what his salary cap burden is because he realizes that the pie only divides so many times.

I mean the guys celebrating the player contracts. Sorry if that was unclear. If we were coming off a super bowl and trying to keep the core together, then celebrate. But this team didn't win a playoff game last year and now we have a WR making 36M a year which is at the expense of improving the team.

shabazz

Reaction score
I mean the guys celebrating the player contracts. Sorry if that was unclear. If we were coming off a super bowl and trying to keep the core together, then celebrate. But this team didn't win a playoff game last year and now we have a WR making 36M a year which is at the expense of improving the team.
Gotcha!......Great point

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Yes, brother @shabazz , you correctly characterized me. I like Dak's talent, but I hate his sudden super greediness which will hurt/handicap the team because as you said there is only so much pie to divide and give out.

shabazz

Reaction score
Yes, brother @shabazz , you correctly characterized me. I like Dak's talent, but I hate his sudden super greediness which will hurt/handicap the team because as you said there is only so much pie to divide and give out.
The possible scenario is Dak, Ceedee and Micah taking up a 130 million a year or roughly 50% of the entire cap.....this FO haven't been geniuses at manipulating the cap so far.

Ceedee 33 million per
Dak 60+ per year
Micah. 34 + per year

These are based on current highest salaries

To put it into perspective, the Eagkes top 5 salaried players make less combined than our big 3 would.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I have ZERO doubt Dak will get paid as I've posted numerous times here - I e., Jerry can always be counted on to make the stupidest decision possible where Dak is concerned.
Are you talking about the same mistake and stupid decisions the rest of the NFL has to decide on for top 10 quarterbacks who are not bringing them Super Bowls I mean have you looked at the market value for a quarterback that can do this versus being one of the bottom 12=16 teams in the league when you don't have a quarterback..​

You all think somehow you can run a team better and you have an answer and there's a blueprint and somehow there's so many teams that can't win can't find a quarterback for decades fires their GM's fires the coaches, redo their entire rosters over a decade, and then moves into another state, sometimes change their name ,and they still not winning more than Jerry, none of that works, having a better GM and all this other nonsense...

so, what you can feel good as a fan ,so you can fire them, and then they keep doing the same thing over and over because, it's not usually the GM?

Championships are hard to win have you looked at the top 10 quarterbacks market pay scale are you trying to tell me you'd rather be bad for the next 5 to 10 years looking for a quarterback and know this if Prescott doesn't sign, they're probably going to trade away Micah Parsons Diggs and yeah even probably lamb his new deal doesn't mean anything guys have been traded.

It starts and ends with quarterbacks and you can keep being upset and going to the playoffs 5 in the last eight years being a top six team winning 36 games two division titles and go into the playoffs three straight years over the last three seasons,​
somehow that is terrible and you would just rather start over and even be worse this isn't taking one step back when you get rid of your big time quarterback most teams suffer for the next five years or more looking for a better one, so much so that they make this mistake you're talking about and make a stupid decision and giving up major draft capital to bring in a guy like Prescott you know Deshaun Watson, Aaron Rodgers, and Russell Wilson and then hand them even bigger money and then they don't get it done anyway...​

You do realize that you calling Jerry stupid.

he's doing exactly what the league does this is the NFL you have to make a choice you can try to get lucky and get a rebuild done in five years, if you're lucky that means you're going to be probably really bad but hey this fan base would love being at the top of the draft board they'd have something to brag about right?? they're bored with going to the playoffs because they want more in the playoffs but wait till we're not even sniffing the playoffs in the next 5 years, hell or a decade, you do realize like the Cleveland Browns have done everything you're saying Jerry should do fire himself step down maybe they should move maybe this that and the other and here we are since 1986, they haven't even won a division title ,and they've changed everything including a different state different ownership ,so many GM's I've lost count and they still can't get it done..

But that is the answer here you don't like Jerry because he made himself GM and won't fire himself, you're tired of being in the playoffs but losing, you'd rather be one of the teams that are just winning the offseason and the draft because those teams typically are really the bottom 10 teams in the league...

So go ahead call Jerry stupid for possibly resigning a player who just had one of his best seasons an mvp type season, and by the way Prescott did get robbed he was the MVP last year . regardless of the playoffs it's a regular season award and he was the best quarterback in the regular season.​

so sure, mock jerry for doing something 10 other teams have already done.at least we didnt pay Daniel jones 42mil and keep trading and paying players like kirk cousins,

. Prescott is our homegrown drafted qb1, all we have to do is pay him NOT trade draft picks and then pay a player.. not go through 15 drafts looking for a QB.. i would understand either way letting Prescott go or keeping him , neither is a stupid decision IMHO thats fan thing to think they can do Better and have an answer MOST NFL teams NEVER figure out..

blueblood70

Reaction score
I just want him to be close to what he's been the last 2 seasons. Just saying : Approx.100 catches for approx 1400 yards. He may surpass that, he may not. Its jerruh's money , not mine.
I'm saying it's unrealistic to expect a repeat of a career/record breaking year like that and repeat it, it rarely happens many WRs had years like that ONE, same with the 2k RB etc etc, the 5k plus QBs ete ct .

put this fanbase will say that they will rip CD for holding out and only having 95 catches for 1400 yards even if Cooks and the other have better years and IMHO id rather it be that way spread it out bit more , les predicable.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Hoping he will have enough time to get his timing back with Dak. And are they implementing new plays. I guess he was practicing them by himself.
that's ridiculous that think it would take much time di iot take time for Dak and Amari in 18 to get going, not even a game ..these are pros and dak and CD been together 4 years..IMO the entire team is going to take a full game or two to be in real nfl shape and full game speed. nothing in the offseason camps and practices can mimic a full game. besides it isn't that different throwing routes to other WRs than it will be with CD , they have both ran just about every route in the route tree at some point. the NFL isn't reinventing itself.

they just run the play differently ie blocking schemes and trying to disguise what's coming and when its coming. he threw what 150 balls to CD just last year, right they need more than 13 days to get back at it?

blueblood70

Reaction score
I just remember CD dropping some balls that he shouldn't in crucial games.
The Stat of Winning... Is Everything!!
everybody drops balls, everybody misses blocks, has bad throw, missed tackle, blown block , blown assignments, saw Dieon sander get burned many times. Saw Troy throw bone headed INTs many times and yes in a SUPERBOWL. Dan baily Misses kicks in that 2014 GB game, Murray fumbles etc etc its a game and no one is void of making a mistake at times.

Hey, THEY are human and not perfect lmao

you would think so, fans with ridiculous narratives that are uncalled for ie casuals. If it makes you feel better

TO was knowns for drops so haters used that as narrative and he laughed all the way into Canton and still top 4 all time with gold jacket. Lots of negatives said about him.

the stat of winning you mean as a team you win and you lose as a team there are easily 5 plays minimum in a loss from 5 different players that add up to close loss. the defenses have been far worse in crucial game for us the last 28 years than any other area of the team.

and by the way CD lamb is so far down on the drop ball list that you are holding it against him just shows how much of A clown you are...hes not known for drops any more than Daks known for IT but get paid and the clown narratives spill out..

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The possible scenario is Dak, Ceedee and Micah taking up a 130 million a year or roughly 50% of the entire cap.....this FO haven't been geniuses at manipulating the cap so far.

Ceedee 33 million per
Dak 60+ per year
Micah. 34 + per year

To put it into perspective, the Eagkes top 5 salaried players make less combined than our big 3 would.
Our FO has no idea how to manage a cap for maximum effect. They are risk averse and treat the cap like grandma's checking account.

blueblood70

Reaction score
One of the "$33M was a fair deal" people, no doubt. Is this what you have to tell yourself to not take an "L" for wanting to deny CeeDee his contract? Lol.
nothing much changed, it moved to 33.7 not even truly 34, actually jerry negotiating work he did work, not the same money as Justin Jefferson, 10 mil less guaranteed, most of the holdup was fixed with more up front bonus and from what i assume is 4 instead iof 5 years, that's it., its not the highest paid WR, it didn't set a new market, so yes it was necessary to negotiate and come to a compromise..

Im cool with that. no one said do not sign lamb i said do not sign lamp for more than jefferson ,when guys like Hill took 30!!

Surfguy

Reaction score
Please don't strain or tear anything your first few games back.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Usually take 2-3 days for the structure to show up but you can bet it’s backloaded saving money now and has a couple of voidable years at the end. That’s kinda the norm now
look i don't know how it works they're really care... seriously this shouldn't even be a priority for fans, never was part of being a fan back in the 70s or even 80s, we didn't know about this ship about contracts, now 24-7-365 media saturation, contract breakdowns, and analytic nonsense with Gambling, FF, and other things are cluttering up the real reason i watch, FOOTBALL! ...

i can't even imagine if there was a TMZ or all the media back in the 70s-90s what many teams and payers would have got exposed at and the drama we do know about the Whitehouse, north Dallas forty, the partys, drug use during games, but man if they had the type of expose now that might have destroyed those teams.

blueblood70

Reaction score
you mean like the 30 players around the league that hurt themselves during practice, workouts, and training camp? that are already out for the year? you can't control that and it's no in....ng camp is gonna cause a major injury. seen non contact out for the season injuries in walk throughs!

John813

Reaction score

Ceedee 33 million per
Dak 60+ per year
Micah. 34 + per year

A.J. Brown 32mil AAV
Hurts 51mil
Dickerson 21mil AAV
DeVonta Smith 25mil
Mailata 22mil.

Their top 5 is 151 if you go the AAV route. The top 3, potentially, could be 127mil AAV.

glimmerman

Reaction score
that's ridiculous that think it would take much time di iot take time for Dak and Amari in 18 to get going, not even a game ..these are pros and dak and CD been together 4 years..IMO the entire team is going to take a full game or two to be in real nfl shape and full game speed. nothing in the offseason camps and practices can mimic a full game. besides it isn't that different throwing routes to other WRs than it will be with CD , they have both ran just about every route in the route tree at some point. the NFL isn't reinventing itself.

they just run the play differently ie blocking schemes and trying to disguise what's coming and when its coming. he threw what 150 balls to CD just last year, right they need more than 13 days to get back at it?
I just mean to get in game flow. Since they don’t practice like they did years ago then most teams will take a few games to get up to speed and game hardened. I was just saying not being with the team for camps may take Lamb a little longer. But since they have played together it should be good to go. I wasn’t sure if they changed any formations or motion. But I am sure he has the notes and practice film. Plus Dak has a field in his back yard. He usually gets together with any receivers that want to come over.

What’s your thoughts on the O-Line this year.. I think they will be improved. We have a few more beasts added in and heard that Steele is back to himself after the injury. Also did any young WR jump out at you during preseason. I didn’t watch to much of it.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Umm I'm pretty sure it's 34 million a year... And what would have been your alternative to signing CD? Let him walk and go with what we have? Is that the solution any time a player balls out and wants to be paid market value? Let him walk and get a new one? Good luck with that approach.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
A.J. Brown 32mil AAV
Hurts 51mil
Dickerson 21mil AAV
DeVonta Smith 25mil
Mailata 22mil.

Their top 5 is 151 if you go the AAV route. The top 3, potentially, could be 127mil AAV.
Doh!

Teams make it work. The salary cap excuse is just a cover to hating players getting paid.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Ceedee 33 million per
Dak 60+ per year
Micah. 34 + per year

Go ahead and tell us which year you think that will be. What year will all three have those cap hits at the same time? The Joneses may not be the brightest football people on the planet but they do money really well. They will stagger the big cap hits for these guys to fall in different seasons so your "half the entire cap" scenario will never happen. Book it.