Cowboys extend offer to Lamb at $33mil/season

Flamma

Reaction score
The question is how will he be after he gets the bag
That's a really good point. But I don't think that applies to him. It applies to Reddick on the Jets. All he wants is a bag so he can take off. He's not getting it. Lamb will be good for several more years.

Flamma

Reaction score
I don't think they are necessarily picking on Lamb.

There are two ways to look at it IMO. The Joneses had a timetable in mind from the start and have not exceeded it, so they can continue to negotiate. They aren't worried about Lamb attending camp because a) it gives the team a chance to get a longer look at third-receiver candidates and b) it reduces the opportunities for him to get injured.

The other aspect is Lamb's side may not have been willing to negotiate until the other dominoes fell with receiver salaries. That way they could know how much to press for. Stephen Jones seemed to indicate that this was a factor.

I think both of those played a role. Now, if these negotiations extend into the regular season then I'll agree that nickel and diming him is stupid. Right now, as Jerry said, I don't think there's any real urgency. There should be by next weekend since that will be two weeks before our first game. I would think they'd want him to have that much warm-up time at least. (I was thinking three weeks would be more ideal, though.)
Very fair point.

ghst187

Reaction score
Remember that a players salary is divided into 17 game checks. And depending what state the game is dictates withholding taxes.
Good point but at least half will likely be home games for each…so the two salaries should be pretty close to each other if not Ceedee coming out ahead but of course Ceedee won’t own the “title” of highest paid WR….

Flamma

Reaction score
And it would be incredibly dumb for an agent to agree to it. That’s why Lamb, Jefferson and Aiyuk were all unsigned going into this season. It’s a fantasy of fans living under the delusion they can actually do a better job running a team!
Herbert, Lawrence, Burrow, Allen, all signed after their 3rd year. They were first round picks. We can get into non QBs as well. Were all of their agents idiots?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That's a really good point. But I don't think that applies to him. It applies to Reddick on the Jets. All he wants is a bag so he can take off. He's not getting it. Lamb will be good for several more years.
Very good point!

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
CeeDee has proven his worth as a NFL wide receiver. Jerry Jones has not proven himself a NFL GM that can build a championship team. Other teams’ issues signing their players is of no consequence to Lamb. This is a Cowboys issue. The team’s best receiver is not in training camp and the team’s GM has not been able to get him there. Cooper, Chase, Aiyuk, their contracts are their business. Jerry Jones needs to take care of the Cowboys’ business.
Cry me a river. Yeah it’s Jerry’s fault a dude who is currently under Contract Won’t accept 33$ million per year. Cmon man !!

This is about CD ‘a ego and greed. Simple

blueblood70

Reaction score
What I don't understand is why he is picking on Lamb. Is that the hill you want to die on? Lamb has done nothing but be good, and durable. I think he missed one game due to Covid? Or something else.

I can understand if you don't think a WR is worth that money. But if you intend on paying him, nickel and diming Lamb is stupid.
pay him YES give him ridiculous money outside the top 5 AAV , nope..BYE if 32/33 isn't good enough Asta Lae visa Babay! that straight greed! yes pay him fair money, but new ridiculous i want to be the top paid player in the league outside of the quarterback!!! NOPE! IM OUT

blueblood70

Reaction score
Herbert, Lawrence, Burrow, Allen, all signed after their 3rd year. They were first round picks. We can get into non QBs as well. Were all of their agents idiots?
that don't mean these other guys agents are allowing them to do it...

exciter

Reaction score
Lol, and yet you had to go to the one outlier QB position to find an example of your fantasy.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Good thing they didn't want to set the market and instead chose to wait and pay as much as possible.

Flamma

Reaction score
Lol, and yet you had to go to the one outlier QB position to find an example of your fantasy.
Aaron Donald, Khalil Mack, Zeke made it happen, I can go on and on. These players all held out for being paid after 3 years. What fantasy? I just picked the few off the top of my head that was recent. Right now WR Chase actually wants to be paid after his 3rd year.

There has to be give and take between player and front office. Very good players deserve top end market value. But if you also want to make it all about you, and only about you with no regard to the team, get lost.

exciter

Reaction score
Aaron Donald, Khalil Mack, Zeke made it happen, I can go on and on. These players all held out for being paid after 3 years. What fantasy? I just picked the few off the top of my head that was recent. Right now WR Chase actually wants to be paid after his 3rd year.

There has to be give and take between player and front office. Very good players deserve top end market value. But if you also want to make it all about you, and only about you with no regard to the team, get lost.
Ah, so 135, 141 and 90 million contracts that dwarfed the previous highest paid contracts at the position to prove you can save money by signing early. Hell, and the Raiders had to trade Mack!

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I know they are good. The sneaky good statement is for the ignorant fans that don't know that they are good.
They were good last year. And the year before. Not good enough. That’s the issue ignorant fans can’t appreciate. For instance, you can’t appreciate not good enough.
Cry me a river. Yeah it’s Jerry’s fault a dude who is currently under Contract Won’t accept 33$ million per year. Cmon man !!

This is about CD ‘an ego and greed. Simple
It’s about Jerry’s ego and shortsightedness. “Simple”. Some fans are more simple.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
People just don’t get how these contracts are handed out. He’s next in line to get paid. And like you said his team has a very strong argument for why he’s just as good if not better. We know he’s more durable for sure
Yep. And the guys next in line after Lamb/Jefferson, will get paid more. Been happening with QBs forever now.

Flamma

Reaction score
Ah, so 135, 141 and 90 million contracts that dwarfed the previous highest paid contracts at the position to prove you can save money by signing early. Hell, and the Raiders had to trade Mack!
You can never tell what these people want. Both owners and players. Some want it, some don't. You're right in some cases. In other cases the team doesn't want to do it. When was the last time the Cowboys signed a first round pick after 3 years? Zeke, but only because he forced it.

Swanny

Reaction score
They don't though. That's why they're negotiating and making offers. Ask that question about Ayiuk for the 49ers and it's a different answer.
They do though. CD has no choice but to show up at some point. His union negotiated holdouts being useless. He can hold out fir the season but he's only hurting his value at that point.