Cowboys extend offer to Lamb at $33mil/season

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Question for everyone please…

Can you point to any other team in the league that floats contract offers through the press? This seems to be a moronic new tactic for the Cowboys. I don’t recall seeing this so often.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Nothing sneaky about it. We've won 12 games 3 years straight. We should be good. The question is, can we be great?
This nails it. SF and Philly seem to be the standard bearers. Now GB is joining the fray. Can Dallas beat these teams? On the Road? In January? It’s as simple as that. So far they have failed.

Bagman

Reaction score
lol our front office always wait a year too long to sign our stars, which always makes their salary only go up, then drags their feet to sign them after the market has been set, then nickels and dimes them to save some money, then eventually pays full price.

And all that’s been accomplished is missing training camp time and planting some seeds of discontent within the players and fanbase.
While I agree with 99% of what you're saying, we should also ask.......why would any player sign a LOWER deal a year early when THEY could wait on other contracts and get more money. Pretty much every contract ever has to be agreed upon by both parties. Maybe some of these players waited also.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Can you point to any other team in the league that floats contract offers through the press? This seems to be a moronic new tactic for the Cowboys. I don’t recall seeing this so often.
Nope. Jerry just loves having a microphone in his face and can't stop himself.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

So, the Cowboys are the only one that does this? LOL...

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Nope. Jerry just loves having a microphone in his face and can't stop himself.
I think this is Stephen stuff. Leak contract stuff to fellow travelers in the media thinking it will pressure players/agents and win over fans. It’s so transparent and stupid.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
So, the Cowboys are the only one that does this? LOL...
So Jefferson and Lawrence…you get any inkling of those deals? They just sort of happened. Like 90% of the deals. Give me some examples of playing out contract negotiations with numbers in the press. I will wait.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So Jefferson and Lawrence…you get any inkling of those deals? They just sort of happened. Like 90% of the deals. Give me some examples of playing out contract negotiations with numbers in the press. I will wait.
I really don't care about of teams or players money....but, I'm other teams do it...how else would the Adam Schefters still have a job?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I really don't care about of teams or players money....but, I'm other teams do it...how else would the Adam Schefters still have a job?
So you don’t have specific examples yet are condescending? AS talks about lots of things but not usually specific contract terms for All Pro players. I don’t hear much of that and neither do you.

Allen’s contract?
Watson’s contract?
Chris Jones?

They just happened. Aiyuk is in a major pissing contest with SF. They leak out their offers to him? Numbers not just negotiations? They don’t.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So you don’t have specific examples yet are condescending? AS talks about lots of things but not usually specific contract terms for All Pro players. I don’t hear much of that and neither do you.

Allen’s contract?
Watson’s contract?
Chris Jones?

They just happened. Aiyuk is in a major pissing contest with SF. They leak out their offers to him? Numbers not just negotiations? They don’t.
Do you have specific examples proving what you think? Talk about condescending....your hate for Jerry has blinded you, yet you are here cheering for HIS team! LOL! WhyJerry! Again, LOL!

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Do you have specific examples proving what you think? Talk about condescending....your hate for Jerry has blinded you, yet you are here cheering for HIS team! LOL! WhyJerry! Again, LOL!
I asked a simple question because I genuinely didn’t recall. You are the one that’s all butt hurt. Jerry is a joke. That’s indisputable. Defending him at any level is absurd.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I asked a simple question because I genuinely didn’t recall. You are the one that’s all butt hurt. Jerry is a joke. That’s indisputable. Defending him at any level is absurd.
You're trying to stir things up...its that simple. You don't deserve to have that avatar...get a Rowdy one!
:muttley:

blueblood70

Reaction score

They are not doing it media is doing it and I hear Brandon Ayuks story all the time literally his numbers have been put up but no one's showing the actual contract this is a lot of assumptions somebody is at the ranch listening for this oh, I should say the star I still call it the ranch and then they report it the details of contracts are not ever released from any team as far as the actual whole entire 50 page contract just the outline and I'm sorry but it's a league thing I've been hearing with most players what offers have been made...

I mean I don't know you don't pay attention because you're only listening to Cowboys news, but I have pushed notifications, and Brandon I use ongoing negotiations and how much he's been offered and turned down has been public knowledge.... You know the blame on this front office the constant pokes and jabs however you want to do it Mr. Y Jerry kind of obvious from your name choice there you do realize this is pretty much the league with the media being there 24/7 365 and everything being what we call real time media through social media push notifications they're there and they're asking questions and apparently teams are giving them just the basics..

blueblood70

Reaction score
You're trying to stir things up...its that simple. You don't deserve to have that avatar...get a Rowdy one!
:muttley:
Apparently he thinks this is isolated to the Cowboys when some of us actually have these notifications pop up on our phone from other sports places like bleachers report and I know of other wide receivers details of their contract negotiations no ones giving you the full contract they're giving you the outline like the constant news stories are actually for all teams... We've already heard at least five different stories about Brandon Ayuke's contract... I don't think why Jerry has caught up to the fact that sports and the way social media content creators it's a 24 hours a day seven day a week them trying to be the first to report so any little bit of a tidbit they get from a teams media person they're going to report it right or wrong they're going to say there's a report about to happen.... Everyone's trying to be first nowadays and they're typically wrong...

rambo2

Reaction score

It could also come from the agent.