Cowboys extend offer to Lamb at $33mil/season

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
lol our front office always wait a year too long to sign our stars, which always makes their salary only go up, then drags their feet to sign them after the market has been set, then nickels and dimes them to save some money, then eventually pays full price.

And all that’s been accomplished is missing training camp time and planting some seeds of discontent within the players and fanbase.
They tried last year.
They didn't wait, according to Stephen.
CeeDee refused to sign and wanted to wait,

Deionindahood

Reaction score
Nothing sneaky about it. We've won 12 games 3 years straight. We should be good. The question is, can we be great?
Good point. The entire league knows we're good and always a contender for the Superbowl. No one wants to see us in the post-season.

rambo2

Reaction score
I don’t like what they have done with the linebackers and they sat on their hands so are now bringing in other teams’ cast offs for dline help. The rookies look like real rookies, similar to to other 31 teams’ rookies. The oline will be less proficient and it looks like Kneeland, Marist Liufau, and Carson will not be good enough to make much of a contribution.
Lol, you need a doctor.

CWR

Reaction score
Good point. The entire league knows we're good and always a contender for the Superbowl. No one wants to see us in the post-season.
It's almost like you didn't read the last sentence. It would imply there's a gap between good and great, but reading isn't everyone's thing.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's actually a good thing that they are going to extend Lamb. He's a keeper. It also looks like a Dak deal is coming, which is also a good thing.
With Dak, Cee Dee, my main man Ferguson who hates the Packers even though he played at Wisconsin, some mean and nasty offensive lineman, a new DC with Parsons leading they way with Bland, Diggs, Overshown and the rest you’re spot on saying this is a GOOD THING.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It makes these guys look bad when they’re haggling over a few million dollars. I think it must have more to do with structure of the deal.
It’s never about the money with these big contracts. They know the parameters based on the market. It all boils down to length of contract and guaranteed money.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I wonder if they offered $33M before Jefferson signed.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don’t like what they have done with the linebackers and they sat on their hands so are now bringing in other teams’ cast offs for dline help. The rookies look like real rookies, similar to to other 31 teams’ rookies. The oline will be less proficient and it looks like Kneeland, Marist Liufau, and Carson will not be good enough to make much of a contribution.
You don’t like what the Cowboys do about anything so who are you trying to kid?

Sydla

Reaction score
Considering no state income taxes, prolly close to what Jefferson ends up getting.
People trot this out (Jerry and Stephen all the time) and it really isn't the needle mover people think. Why? Because players have to pay income taxes to the cities and localities they play on the road. And it fluctuates year to year depending on where you play your road games. So while there is some advantage to playing in Texas, in the grand scheme of things the tax issue often is not all that high on the list of why guys sign new deals.