News: Cowboys Fans Get What They Wished For – Can’t Handle It

cern

Reaction score
the beauty of football season is that it coincides with the texas hunting season. hunt in the morning, watch football in the afternoon, and go hunt some more. if the game sucks, record it and go out and hunt again. win/win.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Cowboys Fans Get What They Wished For – Can’t Handle It
http://profootballtalkline.com/nfl/...0/cowboys-fans-get-what-they-wished-for.html/

...The hue and cry from fans were for a return to the golden years. To a time when the offseasons were boring and the team was built through the NFL Draft. The examples of the Steelers and Patriots were often given as was a reference to “The Patriot Way” or “The Steeler Way” and how players either “bought in” to the team mantra or they were gone. The clubs were built from the inside out, with solid lines in the pits and solid off-field personalities. There is a focus at creating competition at each roster position. The teams signed thier own first but didn’t overpay. Then they looked for younger players with upside or savvy vets looking for a chance at winning. Not splashy, but effective.

Oh if ONLY the Cowboys would have enough discipline to enact such an approach. Heady stuff to think about back in the day. Then Jason Garrett and the front office brain trust sold Jerry on just such an approach. The team became active in free agency only after the initial wave of signings. They became second-tier buyers just like the Patriots and Steelers. They focused on re-signing their own players and any free agent contract was constructed in such a manner the team could extricate itself with minimal if any cap pain. Competition was created across the roster at as many positions as possible.

Finally! Cowboys Nation could now get back to enjoying being a Cowboys fan. Right? Not so fast. The cry each season for the Cowboys to sign big name free agents to “put them over the top” has been deafening. Every player that had a “good” season is now “the answer” for big D. Quickly aging safety Earl Thomas? Trade away the draft and give him an extension Jerry! Consistently underperforming slot WR Sammie Watkins? Throw $40-$50 million over 3 years at him JJ! Cowboys need OL help? Solder would only take approximately $60 million over 4 years, Jerry, what are you waiting for!?!?!? Team wrecker Suh is the 1-Tech you’ve waited all your life for Jerry!...
There are some “fans” here on this board that thrive on complaining. This article is spot on.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Just dumb.

Some people like the strategy. Some don't. The ones who don't complain.

Nothing at all to see here.
The ones who complain are the ones ALWAYS complaining not matter if the Cowboys do what they want. They’ll find something to ***** about.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
The ones who complain are the ones ALWAYS complaining not matter if the Cowboys do what they want. They’ll find something to ***** about.

Not true. I think JG sucks and has wasted 8 years. Also thinks Jerry’s ego has set us back the last 22 yrs BUT I’ve also praised Romo and many players, etc. and given credit where due. On the other hand I constantly see you and others in here criticizing posters vs forming an opinion. I’m not sure what is so hard for many to understand. My first 26 yrs of life included 8 SB appearances, 5 wins and 16 of their 20 yr winning season streak. My last 22 has included 2 playoff wins. I’m supposed to like that and accept it? Accept being Meh?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not true. I think JG sucks and has wasted 8 years. Also thinks Jerry’s ego has set us back the last 22 yrs BUT I’ve also praised Romo and many players, etc. and given credit where due. On the other hand I constantly see you and others in here criticizing posters vs forming an opinion. I’m not sure what is so hard for many to understand. My first 26 yrs of life included 8 SB appearances, 5 wins and 16 of their 20 yr winning season streak. My last 22 has included 2 playoff wins. I’m supposed to like that and accept it? Accept being Meh?

kskboys

Reaction score
Rocky is the biggest whiner on the site. Can't talk to him. No logic, just whining about anyone who says something he doesn't like.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Rocky is the biggest whiner on the site. Can't talk to him. No logic, just whining about anyone who says something he doesn't like.

What's really funny about him is that when he isn't whining about other posters, his opinions he shares are typically critical in nature. Another poster with his mindset could consider him a "whiner" about the team.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
GB scored on 5 of the 8 possessions they actually tried to score on. On their 9th and final possession, they were just trying to run the clock out and got into FG range. Odds are, they would have scored.

The question would be whether Dallas would have converted the 2 point conversion and made it a 3 point lead or a 1 point lead, assuming of course Dallas actually punched the ball in. I think it is likely Dallas does score the TD and the 2 point conversion would be 50/50. I think it would have been our first 2 point conversion attempt on the season.

If they convert on the 2 point conversion then there is a chance Dallas wins in overtime. If not, I think the most likely scenario is GB wins in regulation with a FG. I think it would take luck to stop Rodgers from scoring there.

You can say odds are they would have scored but you don't know for sure.

I thought Brady was almost a lock to drive the field at the end of the super bowl but that didn't happen did it?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
You can say odds are they would have scored but you don't know for sure.

I thought Brady was almost a lock to drive the field at the end of the super bowl but that didn't happen did it?

Yeah, we don't know for sure so you make an excellent point.

To extend that point out, we also don't know we would have punched the ball in for the touchdown, correct?

ESisback

Reaction score
You, like the author of the article, are purposely being obtuse, I guess.

Obtuse?!? Why, because I acknowledge that there's always a huge group of people that are miserable?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That would have been a typical Jerry move.

This is the kind of thing fans like to say without thinking, but realistically, when was the last time Jerry spent that kind of money on a free agent that previously played for another team? When was the last time before that? I don't see an ongoing pattern.

CCBoy

Reaction score

If that is ALL that one sees...contact a lawyer and get a divorce!

Miller

Reaction score
If that is ALL that one sees...contact a lawyer and get a divorce!

Right, I should drop my team of 40 plus years because I don’t fan boy love everything lately. What I see is the same mistakes over and over for 22 years that’s playing out now. What I see is a stubbornness to stick with a system under the guise that “a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes” so we will trot it out until the owner says “told you so.” The league is full of parity and 4-5 different teams making the playoffs yearly and msking runs. Yet we are running this process long term model...allegedly..that isn’t working. I have 22 years of proof..8 good ones lately..and want to see something different. As I said I saw a model for 26 yrs that expected excellence and now we accept “well if Dez caught it we’d at least be in a championship game.” Swinging by the franchise set does no one any good. BTW..what ELSE is there? You win or you lose. There is one goal in the game

Last edited:

Miller

Reaction score
Not when said complainer ALWAYS complains every day, every thread, every post.

Isn’t that what you’re doing? You don’t even talk football.If you can’t acknowledge the obvious dichotomy and concerns over a 40-50 yr period then you are just not thinking

Last edited: