Cowboys fans with the jokes on Zeke signing

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2024/04/cowboys-ezekiel-elliott-reuniting-jerry-jones
Lots of reactions and jokes from both Cowboys fans and pundits on the Zeke signing.

Some of my faves today:
  • ”The eagles sign Saquon. The Cowboys not to be outdone counter with Zeke.”
  • ”When Jerry said ‘All in’ he meant ‘All in due time’”.
  • “Looks like Jason Garrett was advising Jerry instead of Jimmy.”
Well, Zeke coming back should tell everyone once and for all that Jimmy hasn't had any input in the current offseason roster building.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Don't think last years line was any better. Those Oline picks will make a difference.
With Tyron healthy (which he played 13 games) and Biadaz definitely a more formidable OL than we are fielding this year.

It could develop at some point but it won’t be out of the gate. My hunch is we’ll end up having to move Tyler outside. It might not matter if we don’t.

Praxit

Reaction score
...get ready for Trash Can fever. Woo wee....!!. They got no chance to hit Zeke.

shabazz

Reaction score
some fans actually think our front office is doing a good job.
If a good job is no longer rewarding overepaid and underachieving players, than yes he's doing a good job.

Clean house of the failures

shabazz

Reaction score
Yea, there was reports he was going to be in War Room. He was nowhere to be found.
Today's technology doesn't require him to be physically there.....could have been connected with them remotely the whole time .

We really don't know for sure

exciter

Reaction score
Zeke was the best option we had. Don’t know why so many fans are upset with the move. We didn’t have a 4th round pick and that’s when the run on RBs began.
Marshawn Lloyd went with the pick right after Liafau who we probably could have still gotten in the 5th.
Regardless both Lloyd and Jalen Wright (4th) were better options at 87!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Marshawn Lloyd went with the pick right after Liafau who we probably could have still gotten in the 5th.
Regardless both Lloyd and Jalen Wright (4th) were better options at 87!
I don’t think any of them would help us more this up coming season than Zeke. If you’re saying both Loyd and Wright are better options than Zeke, I disagree. None of them are proven.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Actually…They made some good draft picks. The trade down in round one from 24 to 29 yielded not only Tyler Guyton but an extra 3rd rounder which was solid. But their big picture failures to put playoff success together year after year is their problem. And they change very slowly to their mistakes.

Our FO has done pretty well overall drafting over the years. Where they absolutely suck is their inability to build an entire roster and organization capable of making a deep playoff run. Because they refuse to accept that part of putting a top shelf roster together requires making some FA moves.

The other huge problem with our FO is their inability to understand what they have at QB when we had Romo and now with Dak. Both those guys are/were top 10 types but NEVER elite. Both Romo and Dak need help to win playoff games. They will never be a carry a team to playoff wins (plural) without the right kind of help. Like a great running game and strong defense.
Spot on. The Dallas defense can’t stop anyone when it really counts in the playoffs.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I'm glad we're at the point that we know we're the joke, so we can roll with it and take it.
And I for one remember folks laughing at Jimmy Johnson being named the head coach of the Cowboys, "He won't be playing East Carolina" wisecracks, and who had the last laugh?

They can have their jokes, just shows that they still to this day (most teams) still can make their season a success if they beat Dallas when they play them.
Doesn't bother me, I've seen it all since 1968..

ArtClink

Reaction score
I assume announcements are pending that Jerry is also signing Ebenezer Eckubaun, Dat Nyguen, and Mike Lucky since we’re “all in” this season.