Cowboys fans with the jokes on Zeke signing

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score

exciter

Reaction score
I don’t think any of them would help us more this up coming season than Zeke. If you’re saying both Loyd and Wright are better options than Zeke, I disagree. None of them are proven.
I’m saying they were a better option than the SAM LB. The goal would have been to pair one them with Zeke who at best is making his last hurrah, with them progressively taking more snaps throughout the season and taking over the lead role by season’s end when Zeke is sucking air again!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’m saying they were a better option than the SAM LB. The goal would have been to pair one them with Zeke who at best is making his last hurrah, with them progressively taking more snaps throughout the season and taking over the lead role by season’s end when Zeke is sucking air again!
None of them were graded higher than the player we took. You can’t pass up a better player to try and fill a need. That’s how you end up making a mistake. This was a weak RB group. The first one didn’t go off the board until well into the second round.

exciter

Reaction score
Both were graded bottom 2nd to early 4th by most. The player we took was graded 5th or 6th.

StarLord

Reaction score
This is honestly the best they could do?! Elliott, Dowdle, and Vaughn..

Our remade OL, this RB corp, and the 2024 schedule.. going to be a fun year.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Actually…They made some good draft picks. The trade down in round one from 24 to 29 yielded not only Tyler Guyton but an extra 3rd rounder which was solid. But their big picture failures to put playoff success together year after year is their problem. And they change very slowly to their mistakes.

Our FO has done pretty well overall drafting over the years. Where they absolutely suck is their inability to build an entire roster and organization capable of making a deep playoff run. Because they refuse to accept that part of putting a top shelf roster together requires making some FA moves.

The other huge problem with our FO is their inability to understand what they have at QB when we had Romo and now with Dak. Both those guys are/were top 10 types but NEVER elite. Both Romo and Dak need help to win playoff games. They will never be a carry a team to playoff wins (plural) without the right kind of help. Like a great running game and strong defense.
You really need to separate these things. They had a good draft indeed. That doesn't mean this FO has been doing a good job in the last 28 years.

Like others make mistakes every now and then, we hit the mark every now and then. Just like a broken clock that's right twice a day.

They have found great players in the past. Only too bad nothing came out of that and all this talent was wasted.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can laugh, cry, or break things watching games this year.

I'm practicing my belly laugh now.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I've mentioned it before, JJ is a lazy GM and this is just another lazy move. Why put in the time and effort in FA and the draft to find a RB when you can bring back someone you are very familiar with?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Today's technology doesn't require him to be physically there.....could have been connected with them remotely the whole time .

We really don't know for sure
Of course, but if you are attempting to provide an image Jimmy is involved there was no sighting in War Room or mention of his presence remotely. I suspect it’s all a load of crap.

shabazz

Reaction score
Of course, but if you are attempting to provide an image Jimmy is involved there was no sighting in War Room or mention of his presence remotely. I suspect it’s all a load of crap.
I don't know that it's Jimmy but in watching all these new odd moves by the FO I've thought that SOMEBODY outside the organization is being consulted

And why? Because the letting go of 2 starting OL and RB and the non signing of the Big 3 is very "un-Jerry like".......we all know the loss to the Packers was a gut punch to him but these latest actions are a different MO than we've seen before

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And I for one remember folks laughing at Jimmy Johnson being named the head coach of the Cowboys, "He won't be playing East Carolina" wisecracks, and who had the last laugh?

They can have their jokes, just shows that they still to this day (most teams) still can make their season a success if they beat Dallas when they play them.
Doesn't bother me, I've seen it all since 1968..
Our owner has been an embarrassment to our franchise . Whatever success he had early on with Jimmy doesn’t change that only giving him a pass to some.

Local fans here certainly are able to laugh and feel ashamed of our owner while still holding our head up with our franchise.

It’s how Cowboys can be our most loved professional franchise in Dallas area while owner is most hated . We are able to walk and chew gum at the same time.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don't know that it's Jimmy but in watching all these new odd moves by the FO I've thought that SOMEBODY outside the organization is being consulted

And why? Because the letting go of 2 starting OL and RB and the non signing of the Big 3 is very "un-Jerry like".......we all know the loss to the Packers was a gut punch to him but these latest actions are a different MO than we've seen before
They really had no choice with Cap restraints.
But I suppose some fans need to believe in something.