Cowboys fans with the jokes on Zeke signing

shabazz

Reaction score
They really had no choice with Cap restraints.
But I suppose some fans need to believe in something.
Tell the Eagles that there's such a thing as " cap restraint"........ don't you realize they could have resigned Dak and opened up a ton of cap space?

They chose not to and THATS the difference

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Tell the Eagles that there's such a thing as " cap restraint"........ don't you realize they could have resigned Dak and opened up a ton of cap space?

They chose not to and THATS the difference
Sure, but that had more to do with the public perception of over paying Prescott than retaining others. Which probably falls back more on the gut punch from GB you mentioned.

I’d argue there were no surprises in the Cap moves or releases we made.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is honestly the best they could do?! Elliott, Dowdle, and Vaughn..

Our remade OL, this RB corp, and the 2024 schedule.. going to be a fun year.
If we truly remade the o line we'll be okay.

If we didn't....does anyone truly believe even a draft pick would have made any difference? Only a fool.

starfan1

Reaction score
I actually didnt even open the OP as I get enough of the jokes and negativity in here.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2024/04/cowboys-ezekiel-elliott-reuniting-jerry-jones
Lots of reactions and jokes from both Cowboys fans and pundits on the Zeke signing.

Some of my faves today:
  • ”The eagles sign Saquon. The Cowboys not to be outdone counter with Zeke.”
  • ”When Jerry said ‘All in’ he meant ‘All in due time’”.
  • “Looks like Jason Garrett was advising Jerry instead of Jimmy.”
This is a primary example of why I hate Cowboys fans.

Zeke is going to be in the Ring of Honor one day.
He was the top RB in the entire league over a 5-6 year period.
He craps on anything Barkley has done as a career.

And we get nonsense like that laughing at the dude?
Get a grip.
Try to be better human beings.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Biggest shortcoming (No disrespect to Deuce) on the team at this point is running back. Didn't draft one.

But there are dozens of undrafted running backs every year. Most because they simply aren't good enough to play in the NFL.

Emmitt was the first running back to ever win the SB while also leading the league in rushing. So normally a lesser back is the SB winnng team's rusher. Not out of the realm of possibility that there's not some college back out there that Dallas couldn't sign that could provide a good enough season or two to push Dallas' running game up to respectability.

Like Priest Holmes, undrafted running back, first rookie ever to lead the NFL in rushing, rushing TD leader two years in a row.

Not a lot to hang your hat on, but who knows?

Doomsday77

Reaction score
People spend all this time and effort on Zeke (hating) but I would honestly like to hear someone answer this question, "how much blame should Zeke take for his lack of production before being released and how much blame should be on the Oline for the inability to run block?"

blueblood70

Reaction score
I have no problem with their drafts. At all. It's everything else they stink at.
And a lot of us are gonna tell you that people like you fans that overreact, you all use this for dramatic effect , by using words like everything else they stink at, you know it's bad as they stink how in the world have they won 36 games two division titles and going to the playoffs 5 and the last eight years that Prescott been healthy ????​
I mean is this like an accident???? they somehow tripped into it?? I mean they're beating the Eagles for these two division titles who make all these amazing moves and you guys' eyes but how is it that they collapse so hard last year and can't beat the Dallas Cowboys regularly? you know this circus ,who are stinking at roster building but been top 6 the last 3 years.​

Ohh wait a minute,

I know what it is there must be about 27 or 28 teams that stink far worse because they can't seem to put this kind of consistency together and yes I know it's only the regular season but there are a lot of teams and teams fan bases that would trade places with us in a heartbeat to be complaining about so many playoff exits, I mean early playoff exits suck but it sucks worse not to make the playoffs.

Here's why it feels like they stink,

because your expectations are we need every big time free agent and every blockbuster trade of players that you have on your list that say we should get those players or it's a failure....

I realize we're failing in the playoffs, so please don't come back with that I don't want to hear the 27 years of mediocrity because mediocrity would be a word where the Cowboys would have to be finishing lower than 16 every year because there's 32 teams in the league and mediocrity would mean somewhere in the middle so your definitions and your math are off

So yes, they are not one of the all-in aggressive teams they rely on the draft too much, but they are pretty good at other things besides the draft because they do pick some good undrafted free agents, they make them enough trades like with Gilmore hankins and cooks amari cooper and a few others, to keep this team competitive and when you make the playoffs, you are contending...

So they don't stink at everything because IF they suck at everything, they would be one of the bottom 10 teams in the league not one of the top ten teams in the league on a yearly basis this is one of the best runs we've had since the mid 90s and it may not be enough I realize we want more I want more but I'm tired of hearing these words and phrases that him you in they do not stink and everything besides the draft...​
They are just not one of the aggressive teams that feel that they got to go all in and there aren't many of those I mean you're lumping in the Cowboys with a couple teams like the Rams only did it once and then the Eagles seemed to be always active but they only have one Super Bowl win in 60 years and yes the 49ers are the team that's dominating the Dallas Cowboys right now and making us look bad in every way possible from coaching down through the draft and free agency but guess what they lost to the Kansas City Chiefs who are doing the least in free agency..yup go fact check.. The Dallas Cowboys actually run their franchise like about 28 other teams in the NFL, it's pretty normal to do business and be a little worried and cautious about the salary cap and the future of your team not many of them throw caution to the wind.​
But when you look at the New England Patriots and the Kansas City Chiefs those teams are not brought up enough when saying we should use a blueprint we should copy that team because you know why it doesn't fit your narrative and I realized they both had one of the best coaching slash quarterback duos in order to do this they never were truly that aggressive in free agency...... they didn't typically hang on to their players too long and overpay their players, they used the draft, they made smart trades ,and they were really good at designing schemes to fit the players that they can get ahold of in that given year.​
You show me over the really long historic run by the New England Patriots how many years they literally were all in and how they were aggressive and got all the big name free agents and we're spending the most money and blowing up the salary cap and now the Kansas City Chiefs are doing the same thing from what I saw the last three years....​
they have been one of the least active teams and they are doing the same things the Cowboys are doing and I know we can't be them we don't have Patrick mahomes and Andy Reid but I'm saying you keep bringing up the Eagles and the 49ers and the Rams are the only teams who have used this all in philosophy and it's only worked what's for the Rams in winning a Super Bowl the rest of them are losing to teams like the patriots and the chiefs who do it more like Moneyball, when we look at how Oakland and Houston have built their teams not using the old blueprint that the overly aggressive Los Angeles dodgers and the New York Yankees use, just like that sport and baseball who have a little bit looser structure to their salary restrictions, there are some teams that just spend a billion dollars more than the other team but is it always working ? that would be a resounding no, because you have teams in small markets or have teams with different philosophies that are also winning the big championship games more because where have the Yankees and dodgers been lately like the last decade using that philosophy that yes that the Eagles in 49ers have done..​
So yes some of the NFL are just always active but most of the NFL's are like the Cowboys they do business normally they hardly go outside their comfort zone and I get it it's frustrating because we haven't won a championship and a Super Bowl but please don't give me this nonsense that they stink at everything!!​
you know if the Cowboys suck as bad as our fan base say they do why is it that we're always on prime time?? why does the league not view us as a bad team our ratings are always the highest?? we have again one of the best win percentages over the last 10 years and over the last five years where our top 6, when you use the word stink or terrible and you say that they're the worst at everything except for the draft I'm gonna call you out because you're very wrong they just are not aggressive and they're not willing to sacrifice and get out of their comfort zone and I get the frustration with that but they really do business like most other teams in the NFL..that's a FACT..​
So be jaded all you want ,say things that are not true or factual, be drama king, that's what seems to be this small section of the Cowboys fan base and using the word fan is using the term loosely want to do everything they can to bash the team, they don't like any moves, they don't like anything ,and yet they hang around even though you're not being held hostage,​
if you don't like it you can go away...​

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thank goodness you caught that. Very important that you let me know...
It's only been posted like 10 times already. I'm just sayin...I expect better from Cowboys "fans".

Maybe you can do one him getting stuck in the kettle?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

blueblood70

Reaction score
Biggest shortcoming (No disrespect to Deuce) on the team at this point is running back. Didn't draft one.

But there are dozens of undrafted running backs every year. Most because they simply aren't good enough to play in the NFL.

Emmitt was the first running back to ever win the SB while also leading the league in rushing. So normally a lesser back is the SB winnng team's rusher. Not out of the realm of possibility that there's not some college back out there that Dallas couldn't sign that could provide a good enough season or two to push Dallas' running game up to respectability.

Like Priest Holmes, undrafted running back, first rookie ever to lead the NFL in rushing, rushing TD leader two years in a row.

Not a lot to hang your hat on, but who knows?

And yet you're hanging your hat on the fact that nobody since Terrell Davis or Emmitt Smith has led the league in rushing or even been a top five back in the league and won a Sb?

Show me all these big name guys that you guys wanted on our team in free agency none of them have even sniffed the Super bowl except for Christian McCaffrey but he didn't win, and he's already added to a Super Bowl caliber team, he didn't make that team better, in my opinion they just got more production from him alone instead of the three back system they had before him... But show me these names; Derrick Henry got close but didn't make a differnce but all these guys Saquan Barkley ,Justin Jacobs, the kid I can't even remember his name and isn't that ironic from Indianapolis, all the names from the top running backs in the league in the regular season are not doing it late in the playoffs or in the Super bowl....

they are not elevating their teams to point to high value them any more. This is why the position has been devalued because if you get a good enough offensive line and you have a good enough scheme you can have an efficient run game... I blame the coaching staff More than I do the players they have on this team for our failures last year they did not utilize any of our backs properly they didn't get a scheme that could work for the line that we happen to put out there.

I mean Najee Harris go look at it this man averages 3.9 yards per carry for his career and yet he's the starter in Pittsburgh.. Eddie George for his entire career only had two years where he averaged over 4 yards per carry everything else was always around 3.5 but yeah, he's well known or regarded as one of the better backs of his era...

So when you try to tell me we need to draft one that's high in the draft that's like saying that quarterbacks can't be found after the first round ohh it's ridiculous yes I would have liked a better prospect in the draft I am agreeing with that but you are showing me no data that bigger name running backs the most productive running backs in the league in the regular season you have not shown me where it's elevating teams..

You do realize that Cam acres or whatever his name was with the Rams he was on a winning Super Bowl team, I don't regard him as any good, I mean miles Sanders might be good but he's with the Eagles had, Milton is a solid player but he is not one of the best backs in the league but he is maybe above average and the Kansas City Chiefs are rolling out a seventh round draft pick how is that any different from an undrafted guy you trying to tell me that the players are taking in the seventh round versus the ones that happen to fall out of the seventh round are just so much better??

I mean how many times did the New England Patriots have a big name or big time running back winning their Super Bowls ? they had good ones but recently just in the last 10 years go list all the Super bowl winning running backs on the winning team you could also bring into the losing team but I already mentioned some of those and it's funny because some teams are getting rid of those players like miles Sanders, you know has a good year and they just kick him off the team, swift looks good but gets the boot, and some of the others are being passed around...

So, What the Cowboys are doing or not much different than other teams ,they're devaluing the position because they've seen the data that even the best running backs.. well it's nice to have they are not elevating their teams into championships...

So my point being I think fans are over reacting to all of this right now.. I believe the coaching staff needs to find the best 3 or 4 running backs and find the schemes and they write offensive line to make this work stop depending on the big name and start doing what some other teams are doing and create the scheme to fit the players you have call the right place with the right grouping on the field last year was a disaster we all talked about Kellen Moore but what I saw on how Tony Pollard deuce Vaughn and Rico dowdle were all misused it was like backwards it was like Black Mirror stuff I was looking at they should not have been on the field and utilize the way they were it it just always disjointed it was like they wanted Tony Pollard to be the number one so bad they forced him into a role that would be counterproductive..