Cowboys fans with the jokes on Zeke signing

blueblood70

Reaction score
Jerry likes elliot, so he got him back at a cheaper rate.
He probably still sees 2016 elliot.
No he doesn't he would have never been cut if that was the case he was making too much money for his current production that's why he was cut I believe a New England didn't pick him up we might have brought him back last year but under a very reduced rate we're talking about the difference between $11 million and actually he's only guaranteed 2 this time so he does not view him the same why do we have to overreact to everything and just say things that are like dramatic... Again if Jerry really thought that he would never have cut his pet cat in Ezekiel Elliott but he does make these cuts he's allowed to Marcus Ware and other players on that same level I mean how do you think that Emmitt Smith ended up with the Cardinals I mean Jerry does cut his players no matter how much he loves them he eventually does let them go now bringing him back that's a whole another can of worms but for $2,000,000 i think we'll be OK.. I'm not saying I'm care one way or the other whether he was here or not here I'm saying it's not that big a deal at $2,000,000... The fact is since he still eats up $6 million in dead cap money why not use the guy up lol you get 10 to 12 carries out of them better in short yardage than anybody else on the team and goal line and for sure blocking....

blueblood70

Reaction score
Never have said that.

But I get and agree with your post mostly....
No I get what you're saying but back then the value of running backs is you take the best running backs in the league high many in the first,

like we did in Ezekiel Elliott number four overall just like it may not feel recent but they drafted Fournette and Saquon Barkley, I remember that Rams guy was I forget his name now Gurley all pretty high in the draft... they're not doing that anymore but if we're talking about the difference between a the fourth or fifth round running back and bringing in Nathaniel Peat from the undrafted ranks or using Rico more,

I don't think it's that big a deal that we didn't draft one, all I'm saying is I think the undrafted guy or somebody on our team are about equal to that , so you saying you wanted one in the draft so did I but I don't think there's any guarantee that we're gonna be any more productive than what we already have...

At least I believe that's where their mindset was knowing that they had like 74 picks I'm just guessing off the top of my head between their second third round pick and where they picked in the fifth round, they feel like what they had on the team plus the higher draft grades of the other available players outweigh picking one in the draft in those areas... I also believe they felt in the third round or with the 2nd pick in the third round they were gonna end up over drafting one of these guys because I think they the draft had like three players who were the better running backs and then they had about 15 running backs that were all graded about the same or within like one point..

exciter

Reaction score
That's the thing that's no guarantee and as much as I agree they could have done a little bit more moving we didn't really have a true fifth round pick either our fifth round pick was like outside the 32 actual picks like it was a comp pick or one we traded for and it literally might as well have been a sixth round pick so we went through the entire 4th and 5th round without picking anyone by design because we didn't have that's where we fell literally basically had two sixth round picks kinda hard to wait on guys through that many picks and it's not just like 64 when you Add all these compensation picks and stuff it was like I think it was around 74 spots between we when we picked in the 4th to when we picked at the bottom of the fifth it was a lot and then it was even more to wait till the bottom of the six next when we picked literally it would have had to do a lot of trying to figure out how to get the linebacker that we wanted/...

Because it's not as much as I agree or disagree with what they did, they did it for a reason, we were in a bad place and yes if we were to trade around dude did some finagling maybe just maybe but if this is the guy Mike Zimmer wanted that sometimes you just got to give your coaches, especially he's got one year to do it I mean how much do you expect a lame duck coaching staff to wait around on getting picks and hopefully they get the one they wanted?? Some of these guys that they took especially in the defensive side for Mike Zimmer you have to wonder they probably got plans that just get them on the field and get them going because there isn't gonna be time to develop these guys again you're basically on one year deals...
My issue is that there’s no way the LB they took was a better option than Lloyd and Wright. He was a WiLL LB in college who had issues reading keys and diagnose. By their on account they’re going to convert him to SAM. At best the SAM is only going to be in on 20% of the plays. He’s probably going to take a season learning the position hence the Wilson signing. They passed on a legitimate # 1/2 capable RB for a 3rd string LB this season. Assuming Zimmer is only here 1 season (debatable), then the next DC will possibly move on and not even bother. They should have been able to fill that role with a 6th or 7th round pick.

blueblood70

Reaction score
My issue is that there’s no way the LB they took was a better option than Lloyd and Wright. He was a WiLL LB in college who had issues reading keys and diagnose. By their on account they’re going to convert him to SAM. At best the SAM is only going to be in on 20% of the plays. He’s probably going to take a season learning the position hence the Wilson signing. They passed on a legitimate # 1/2 capable RB for a 3rd string LB this season. Assuming Zimmer is only here 1 season (debatable), then the next DC will possibly move on and not even bother. They should have been able to fill that role with a 6th or 7th round pick.
it's one of our coaches or scouts say.... going to take their word for it for now. got it..yuo DO NOT KNOW, you ASSUME. dude i've seen some stud running backs in college back in the day fall on their face and be average IN THE NFL, NOT MUCH DIFFERENT THAN ALL THE OVERDRAFTED QBS or other players.

i mean case in point Jordan Davis was taking 13th overall, our fan base is upset that mazi smith was taking 27th overall.. i mean it's going to be eagles and other teams and he also didn't have a good rookie year, counter point; deron bland, brock purdy and tom brady to name a few , why werent they all 1st round picks..hmm had to play to know, the draft experts were wrong!!

it simply shows the draft and rated players draft grades are NOT an exact science. misses, players fall, payers over drafted, the proof isn't with your eyes, its in the next 1-3 seasons..

Hadenough

Reaction score
Zeke was the best option we had. Don’t know why so many fans are upset with the move. We didn’t have a 4th round pick and that’s when the run on RBs began.
Makes sense! It's a crummy choice but it's all they got.

exciter

Reaction score
it's one of our coaches or scouts say.... going to take their word for it for now. got it..yuo DO NOT KNOW, you ASSUME. dude i've seen some stud running backs in college back in the day fall on their face and be average IN THE NFL, NOT MUCH DIFFERENT THAN ALL THE OVERDRAFTED QBS or other players.

i mean case in point Jordan Davis was taking 13th overall, our fan base is upset that mazi smith was taking 27th overall.. i mean it's going to be eagles and other teams and he also didn't have a good rookie year, counter point; deron bland, brock purdy and tom brady to name a few , why werent they all 1st round picks..hmm had to play to know, the draft experts were wrong!!

it simply shows the draft and rated players draft grades are NOT an exact science. misses, players fall, payers over drafted, the proof isn't with your eyes, its in the next 1-3 seasons..
Lol,
Hmmm… that’s going on info from the staff writers the night he was taken. Guessing they’re in part getting info from what the coaches told them.
We needed a RB that could play this season… not a LB in 3!
I would have expected them to double up at the position not ignore it for a LB with purported horrible instincts.
Jordan Davis had a rep for being short on stamina and taking plays off and there was quite a bit of speculation that his game was inflated in part due to the players around him on that stacked Georgia team!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Lol,
Hmmm… that’s going on info from the staff writers the night he was taken. Guessing they’re in part getting info from what the coaches told them.
We needed a RB that could play this season… not a LB in 3!
I would have expected them to double up at the position not ignore it for a LB with purported horrible instincts.
Jordan Davis had a rep for being short on stamina and taking plays off and there was quite a bit of speculation that his game was inflated in part due to the players around him on that stacked Georgia team!
First of all why do you miss the point if the Philadelphia Eagles great Howie Roseman took a nose tackle 13th overall in the first round why is our front office giving so much Flack for taking mazzy Smith almost at the end of the first round both of them nose tackles both of them slow to develop it happens and by the way stop acting like you're a front office you're not a GM you're not a professional they decided to do this because they did it there's nothing we could do about it.. And I'm not sure there was a running back in this draft where we were picking that wouldn't have been overdrafted in the third or were they had to make a bunch of moves to get a fourth and another fifth round pick in order to make that happen and I'm not sure those guys are any better than the Daniel P or who we have on our team now that's where their mindset was I can't agree or disagree with them because we are just fans when you get $10 million and you run a franchise that already has three Super Bowls underneath your tenure you can make all the decisions right or wrong but right now you're a fan and fans make themselves look bad when they think because they sit behind the computer and watch football and they hear things and read things that they somehow are better at it you're not better at it because we don't even know if any of these running backs that were picked are gonna turn into anything and you don't know if this linebacker they pick is it gonna be the next Sean Lee we don't know...

Everything about the draft and the season coming is to be determined you know by the 17 game schedule nothing is settled until February... So please egomaniacal fake fan GM's stop with this barrage of arguments and debates it isn't going to change anything it is what it is and we will not know how the decisions can be graded until after the season.... Literally just the same group of y'all I bet if we go back and look three years ago when everyone was saying how bad the offseason was they called it a historically bad offseason and they called the season already a flop and literally we went to the second round of playoffs..

The same people who were off the bandwagon in 2018 when the Dallas Cowboys were three and five on the way to a really bad season and they went and traded for amari Cooper you know people around here to say they won't make a trade that they won't get out of their comfort zone that they like their guys you know more busted *** narratives that we get tired of hearing as the fan base y'all jumped off the bandwagon I didn't and look what happened second round of the playoffs this is what happens when you make too many widespread opinions and guesses and harshly judged the front office before you even see a damn snap!!!

Staubacher

Reaction score
First of all why do you miss the point if the Philadelphia Eagles great Howie Roseman took a nose tackle 13th overall in the first round why is our front office giving so much Flack for taking mazzy Smith almost at the end of the first round both of them nose tackles both of them slow to develop it happens and by the way stop acting like you're a front office you're not a GM you're not a professional they decided to do this because they did it there's nothing we could do about it.. And I'm not sure there was a running back in this draft where we were picking that wouldn't have been overdrafted in the third or were they had to make a bunch of moves to get a fourth and another fifth round pick in order to make that happen and I'm not sure those guys are any better than the Daniel P or who we have on our team now that's where their mindset was I can't agree or disagree with them because we are just fans when you get $10 million and you run a franchise that already has three Super Bowls underneath your tenure you can make all the decisions right or wrong but right now you're a fan and fans make themselves look bad when they think because they sit behind the computer and watch football and they hear things and read things that they somehow are better at it you're not better at it because we don't even know if any of these running backs that were picked are gonna turn into anything and you don't know if this linebacker they pick is it gonna be the next Sean Lee we don't know...

Everything about the draft and the season coming is to be determined you know by the 17 game schedule nothing is settled until February... So please egomaniacal fake fan GM's stop with this barrage of arguments and debates it isn't going to change anything it is what it is and we will not know how the decisions can be graded until after the season.... Literally just the same group of y'all I bet if we go back and look three years ago when everyone was saying how bad the offseason was they called it a historically bad offseason and they called the season already a flop and literally we went to the second round of playoffs..

The same people who were off the bandwagon in 2018 when the Dallas Cowboys were three and five on the way to a really bad season and they went and traded for amari Cooper you know people around here to say they won't make a trade that they won't get out of their comfort zone that they like their guys you know more busted *** narratives that we get tired of hearing as the fan base y'all jumped off the bandwagon I didn't and look what happened second round of the playoffs this is what happens when you make too many widespread opinions and guesses and harshly judged the front office before you even see a damn snap!!!
Rant all you want. Cowboys have a lousy GM who hasn't won anything important in almost 30 years. 30 Years!

Pssst - it ain't the fanbase fault.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Rant all you want. Cowboys have a lousy GM who hasn't won anything important in almost 30 years. 30 Years!

Pssst - it ain't the fanbase fault.
Haven't even competed for anything important in nearly 30 years. Not even the agonizingly "close, but no cigar" years like the Meredith era Cowboys.

exciter

Reaction score
Cowboys completely disagree. In fact, from what we know now, it wasn't even a close decision.
So a LB who has a consensus issues reading his keys and diagnosing?
A much less athletic pre injury Jaylon Smith!
Odds are good that player would have still been sitting there in the 6th!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Messenger-creation-926c2cdd-30e9-4fa7-b2a7-63c8972a1677.jpg