Twitter: Cowboys Fewest Interceptions in NFL since 2011

blueblood70

Reaction score
most here know we have had stretches of great offense but in the biggest games its the defense that for sure has let us down.. nothings changed this year..we have the 4th best scoring offense and first in yards and on 3rd downs.

we should be 8-2 vs 6-4 if we had a defense that could get a few more TOs or stops ie lost 4 games by 15points TOTAL..im betting a 4 point swing gets us 8-2 thats all defense.. I know we have some slow starts and few TOs on offense but they make up for them by games end..

75boyz

Reaction score
80% of the discussion is about the offense when 80% of the problem with this franchise is the defense. Has been since Parcells left.

My gosh, even for non stats and analytics types these numbers are definitely a HUGE factor, if not THE factor, for lack of team success tracing all the way back to Romo's era teams.
I knew it was "probably" bad, but goodness sakes, not THIS bad. I bet it even traces back way further in time than this if not the other numbers, for sure the lack of INTs.
Our secondary has FOREVER (Everson Walls excluded) it seems, been allergic to picks. Bermuda Triangle type mystery.

I appreciate your post and this info and it does alter some of my past perceptions based on these hard numbers.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Didn't Wade field the #1 defense at one point?

I'd say defense is more of a problem during Garrett's tenure, which feels like an eternity because it has been.

Zordon

Reaction score

I'd say defense is more of a problem during Garrett's tenure, which feels like an eternity because it has been.
I mean this problem has persisted under multiple head coaches, multiple coordinators, multiple players, multiple formations, and multiple coverages (zone/man).

I think the issue is at the top and the country club culture of this franchise. Hard to develop tough, hard nosed defense

MikeB80

Reaction score
80% of the discussion is about the offense when 80% of the problem with this franchise is the defense. Has been since Parcells left.

we have had such incredible hires under garrett on Defense, Rob Ryan, monte Kiffin and Rod Marinelli.

Then they compounded it by playing this dumb scheme and missing over and over and over on defensive players in the draft and free agency.

MikeB80

Reaction score

yes the 2009 defense was great from october on. Until Sensebaugh decided to just jog alongside the wr he was covering at minnesota in the playoffs giving the vikings a 7-0 lead.

they were really good in parts of 07 and 08 also. They blew that damn ravens game though.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Woody.jpg

EJK24

Reaction score
I always felt like this defense created fewer INT's then most teams around the league but I never knew it was statistically that bad.

Something has got to give somewhere. Cant blame the players every single year for the same failures. There has to be accountability elsewhere when the same issues keep hanging around.

JBond

Reaction score
Yeah... let's let Richard take over for Marinelli so we can continue this ineptitude.
I believe Richard has his strengths. Great position coach for the secondary.

I am in favor of scrapping everything we do on defense. We have some very talented players. We also have major holes. I want fresh eyes.

Might sound crazy, but if Brady retires the Jones family should bring in Belichick. Throws bags of gold at him until he agrees.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Which is honestly just weird because that's exactly what we brought Marinelli in for. Weren't the 2012 Chicago Bears D nearly historic with their turnover rate?

I guess Jerry forgot why he brought Marinelli in for.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I believe Richard has his strengths. Great position coach for the secondary.

I am in favor of scrapping everything we do on defense. We have some very talented players. We also have major holes. I want fresh eyes.

Might sound crazy, but if Brady retires the Jones family should bring in Belichick. Throws bags of gold at him until he agrees.
One can dream my friend.