Twitter: Cowboys Fewest Interceptions in NFL since 2011

ondaedg

Reaction score
Turnovers are mainly caused by constant pressure. Until this season we packed a consistent pass rush off both edges. On top of that we play bend but don't break. Our DBs always have their eyes turned away from QB and we never jump routes. This season we took care of the edge rush, but still play too soft in coverage.

I am not sure that is the case anymore. Yes pressure can cause an errant throw and a pick. But take our DBs as an example. How many times have we seen them get hit by the ball in the side or back of the helmet in pass coverage? Pressure helps but there are bigger problems causing the futility in takeaways.

NorTex

Reaction score
Pay a Kings Ransom for Jimmy to come back to head the Scouting Department. I know that's not happening, Scouting Department needs to have per diem for other places besides the Boise area.

You may want to research some of Jimmy's draft busts in Miami...

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
But you still have people thinking Richard should be the HC.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Pay a Kings Ransom for Jimmy to come back to head the Scouting Department. I know that's not happening, Scouting Department needs to have per diem for other places besides the Boise area.
Jimmy could not scout right now to save his life.

blueblood70

Reaction score
True but we could also be 8-2 if our offense could score 15pts vs the pats and saints. They can't just be good vs bad defenses. Either.
true but the Pats game wasn't on the defense..

But low scores or not the Saints game is because they gave up so many long drives and lost TOP it kept the offense from getting more drives..but lets throw both of them out as team losses more on ST and Coaching but TOs by the offense didnt help..

the Jets game all on the defense especially the first half
MN game same thing couldn't stop the MN offense enough to get the ball back enough, yes late game our offense didnt go grab the win but too many long drives kept our offense from getting a few more possessions..
GB game same thing just allowed GB to control the game when needed..yes Dak threw too many INTs and that didnt help but they made valid efforts to score points and the defense just kept letting GB back..

Ill even erase all I said up there and say they are all team losses BUT the playoff games since 2014 100% on bad defenses.. Our offenses were efficient and scored, Defense just was so bad it never seemed like we could take control..

so most of my thoughts on defense is its been the failure to get to an NFCCG more then the offense..

think about it even when we beat Detroit and Seatle, those games the defense slowly let the teams back in the game and were threat at the end had it not been for the offense just stayed in scoring mode..our biggest let downs IMO have been defense..

mahoneybill

Reaction score
most here know we have had stretches of great offense but in the biggest games its the defense that for sure has let us down.. nothings changed this year..we have the 4th best scoring offense and first in yards and on 3rd downs.

we should be 8-2 vs 6-4 if we had a defense that could get a few more TOs or stops ie lost 4 games by 15points TOTAL..im betting a 4 point swing gets us 8-2 thats all defense.. I know we have some slow starts and few TOs on offense but they make up for them by games end..

Garrett’s MO. Keep it close so it looks like we are 1 to 2 pieces away.

stay with the outdated Marinelli play the run on the way to the QB. Use the dog chase cat DB technique where you never look back for the ball.

result the stats you cite.

would be great to compare these to Jimmy Johnson years

mahoneybill

Reaction score
I am not sure that is the case anymore. Yes pressure can cause an errant throw and a pick. But take our DBs as an example. How many times have we seen them get hit by the ball in the side or back of the helmet in pass coverage? Pressure helps but there are bigger problems causing the futility in takeaways.
And then get called for PI when the ball hits them in the back

CB61

Reaction score
So a lot of people on here want to blame Richard for not getting this defense to get turnovers or at least in the secondary anyway, this problem didn't get broke overnight and won't get fixed overnight

CB61

Reaction score
You can say the same thing about the offense when is the last time that we had an opening drive TD? I'll bet you it's been quite a while and that has been a problem with the Cowboys for the last 10 years