Twitter: Cowboys Fewest Interceptions in NFL since 2011

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I know for a fact they made repeated offers for Thomas.
So what? When it came down to it, they lacked the nerve.

Just like when they took that lump Hill over several safeties they should have known that could play.

MikeB80

Reaction score
So what? When it came down to it, they lacked the nerve.

Just like when they took that lump Hill over several safeties they should have known that could play.

so seattle backed out on them repeatedly just like the jets. Dallas made a worthy offer to the jets and they didn't take it.

Their is a line between lacking nerve and being completely foolish with draft resources.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
so seattle backed out on them repeatedly just like the jets. Dallas made a worthy offer to the jets and they didn't take it.

Their is a line between lacking nerve and being completely foolish with draft resources.
That is nice. But think back to the Cooper trade. They gave up what people thought was crazy.

They will never value the safety position enough.

Just this past April, they had them all. Ripe for the taking.

No. Nerve.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I may be wrong but I feel like in Wades early years there were considerably more INTs. Been bone dry since then. From Rob Ryan to Kiffin to Marineli and now Richard. The lack of INTs over nearly a decade is an epic organizational failure.

MikeB80

Reaction score
That is nice. But think back to the Cooper trade. They gave up what people thought was crazy.

They will never value the safety position enough.

Just this past April, they had them all. Ripe for the taking.

No. Nerve.

if they gave seattle what they wanted they would not have had a first rounder to give to oakland. If they gave the jets what they wanted Dallas wouldn't have a first rounder in the next two drafts.

No nerve makes no sense. This means they had nerve in acquiring joey galloway and roy williams instead of realizing they were desperate and overpaid for them.

you would be the guy complaining about the first rounders given up for adams everyday until the draft.

MikeB80

Reaction score
I may be wrong but I feel like in Wades early years there were considerably more INTs. Been bone dry since then. From Rob Ryan to Kiffin to Marineli and now Richard. The lack of INTs over nearly a decade is an epic organizational failure.

2014 they had leads late on teams and they came through repeatedly getting Takeaways, mostly interceptions at the end of games to seal them. Had huge ones at NY, Seatte, St.louis etc.

other than 14 I really can't remember them getting any interceptions in big games, sans jeff heath in 16 vs gb and barry church vs gb in 16

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
80% of the discussion is about the offense when 80% of the problem with this franchise is the defense. Has been since Parcells left.

Defensive Ranking for INTs in 2019...
10th Skins 1 Win, 9 losses
29th Texans 7 Wins, 4 Losses
18th Seahawks 8 Wins, 2 Losses

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
It is unbelievably strange to me that virtually all our CBs refuse to turn and look for the ball... you’d think it is a basic skill, but not in Dallas

Yup...probably one of my biggest complaints w/ Richard's defense. CBs taught to play the man...instead of finding the football when it's in the air. It's just bad coaching. I honestly had a DB coach in high school that would make Richard look like a idiot.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I believe Richard has his strengths. Great position coach for the secondary.

I am in favor of scrapping everything we do on defense. We have some very talented players. We also have major holes. I want fresh eyes.

Might sound crazy, but if Brady retires the Jones family should bring in Belichick. Throws bags of gold at him until he agrees.
wont happen, jones boys are too cheap. They would want to pay market value or less.
and they would have to give up control over many things to bill , so that would be real hard for them to do.

If they offered him 100 mil for 4 years, 25 mil a year he might do it.
Heck they should offer him 50 mil a year! so 200 mil for 4 years.

But to do that bill's contract would have to be up to make him an offer?
So there is a narrow window for that to happen.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The bend dont break scheme and marinelli's hustle orders, dont lend itself to int's.
For example players are supposed to hustle and go full speed all the time,
but to be a ball hawk, you need to lie in wait and read the qb, and when he throws,
your ready to undercut or jump in front of a player, make a move.

Marinelli doesnt want anyone lying in wait. They also are clearly not taught to
look back and find the ball, and they dont read the qb, and you wont get any int's like
that unless they get the ball thrown right to them or it is a tip ball.

The last guy to make a good smart int reading the play and the qb, was ol purple drank ! he had the pick 6.

starman22

Reaction score
Sad thing is in total yards allowed, and passing yards allowed we are in the top 10... like 14th in rushing yards allowed... so that goes to show you how stats do not paint the picture lol.

The playing field is at the most 99 yards to the endzone. If it was 200 yards long, we would drop a lot further.

Cmac

Reaction score
Pay a Kings Ransom for Jimmy to come back to head the Scouting Department. I know that's not happening, Scouting Department needs to have per diem for other places besides the Boise area.

Flamma

Reaction score
Didn't Wade field the #1 defense at one point?

I'd say defense is more of a problem during Garrett's tenure, which feels like an eternity because it has been.

In 2007 and 2009 he had 9th ranked defenses.

Techsass

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Which is honestly just weird because that's exactly what we brought Marinelli in for. Weren't the 2012 Chicago Bears D nearly historic with their turnover rate?

I guess Jerry forgot why he brought Marinelli in for.
I remember creating turnovers was a big selling point when they promoted Kiffen away from making any decisions.