RELEASED Cowboys fire Paul Alexander **merged**

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Why do people say things like this that are so untrue?

You could legitimately criticize Jones and Garrett for many things. Or you could, you know, make ridiculous exaggerations and lose credibility in the process.

Was Garrett a “failed head coach” in 2016 when he went 13-3 with a 4th-round rookie QB? How about in 2014? Or when he was named NFL Coach of the year?

Was Jones running a “failed front office” during those years? Or in 2009? Or 2007? Or when he hired Parcells? Or when he was named NFL Executive of the Year?

I'm sorry, I thought this was the NFL we were talking about where success is measured with playoff wins and not participation or COY trophies.

My bad;)

Last time I checked.......................1 wildcard win, 8 years on the job..............I dont really care about field trips and ice cream parties;)

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I thought this was the NFL we were talking about where success is measured with playoff wins and not participation or COY trophies.

My bad;)

Last time I checked.......................1 wildcard win, 8 years on the job..............I dont really care about field trips and ice cream parties;)
Tis true.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
We've identified that our issue is the offense and we're refusing to tank the season. Let's hope the recent shakeups at WR and OL pay off.

I have also identified Clappy as a major problem...……….yet, he is still here...…..outlook not good, playoffs highly questionable

waving monkey

Reaction score
I am so fine with the Alexander firing.

He took our best part of our team and nearly destroyed it.

Did any of us like this hiring?

No.

Just Paul and his wife to get out of those Ohio winters.

Now..

Next..Sanjay

He has showed me nothing since coming here.

And do we really want him teaching our newest toy, Amari Cooper, how to be a better WR?

No?

I thought not.

And lastly Keller Moore.

While we take out the trash..add him please.

These guys have no business on this staff and are only hastening the enviable..

Garrett's firing.

Wait..

that's not a bad thing.

So let's hear it..

Comments?
I dont think Lal was given much to work with. Moore Next!

lwehlers

Reaction score
need to fire moore and bring a real coach who knows how to coach qbs on how to read a defense and make the right throws.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
Kudos to "Setackin" for being a cowboyszone prophet and pretty much calling this...................................

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Hudson Houck is coming back as a consultant to Columbo .
I never liked Houck, he is a has been , it was Callahan who introduced the zone blocking scheme and made our OL a force, Marc is good competetor but dont know how will he coach ,

MCMetal69

Reaction score
I never liked Houck, he is a has been , it was Callahan who introduced the zone blocking scheme and made our OL a force, Marc is good competetor but dont know how will he coach ,

I trust Columbo & Houck a lot more than I thought bringing in a sub-par outsider like Alexander was a good idea........................

Reactions: CWR

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Alexander wouldn't be getting fired during the BYE week if Travis Frederick had been healthy and playing this season. Don't get me wrong, PA earned his walking papers but Fredbeard has a way of making everything look better than it actually is. Columbo will do a great job with Hudson assisting him. Great move by the FO.

Reactions: CWR