Cowboys FO Arrogance

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
i don't think the FO feels the need to prove anything to the fans (going that extra mile). If they feel like they are doing the right thing in terms of short and long term for the franchise, that should be enough. going the extra distance and out of your way to appease a fan base can lead to a short career. jmo

I think they would try to go the extra mile and cover all their bases if there was any accountability or fear of losing their job.

But obviously, Stephen and Jerry, the two lead dogs have ultimate job security.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I would be all for more offensive firepower. It is going to be tough sledding thinking we can stick with our current method on offense minus Elliott and outscore everyone.

Elliott is a huge part of why we score as much as we do.

Fans demand trade, or else stupid.

Cowboys supposedly looking for a trade.

Fans - “well how stupid would that be?!?!”

Hardline

Reaction score
Who was the last big time free agent signing?
Deion Sanders?
Terrell Owens?

HanD

Reaction score
I think they would try to go the extra mile and cover all their bases if there was any accountability or fear of losing their job.

But obviously, Stephen and Jerry, the two lead dogs have ultimate job security.

while that's true to an extent, i don't believe you can operate by trying to appease fan opinions. first, you won't be able to satisfy everyone because you have continual differing of opinions and second, fans don't have anything on the line so they make outlandish demands all the time.

Last edited:

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
That's just an excuse because not every trade is a "just because" trade, this organization either signs or trades for bargain bin players. Players like Ward, Hilton, Landry & Bryant make too much sense, and that is exactly why they will not be here.

and how do you know that efforts weren't made to bring those guys in? Maybe they called and they were told, the player doesn't want to play for you but if you give me 7 1st, we can work it out.. The bottom line is most teams don't trade away their good players for nothing. And just because we don't trade, doesn't mean we didn't try to trade and the other side just didn't want to come to our terms. Both sides have to be willing to talk and make concessions on the value of the trade.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
Sometimes I feel the Front Office doesn't feel they have to go that extra mile such as making the trade that shows the fans & players we are being aggressive. After all if the Cowboys don't win another game the season fans will be back. Sure we will chant fire Garrett. But nothing will change. This organization will make money whether this team win or lose.
Jerry doesn't have it anymore. No arrogance, just inept

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why this thread now? What just happened? Are you panicking because of the rb philly signed?

I think we're mad because Elliott was suspended, but taking it out on the front office for not making a trade since that seems like the easiest thing to lash out at right now.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
This is just like summer free agency; we see someone else make a trade and think our guys should be making a trade.

Miami wanted to get rid of Ajai; it's not that they loved the 4th round selection. He wasn't doing anything special in Miami this season; we'll see what he brings, if anything, that Blount doesn't bring. He's not going to change their team; he's a guy for the future since Blount is on a one-year contract.

Trades are not easy this time of year, and whom do you think is on the block that's going to impact our team? DT who's better than what we have? LB? CB/S? Most really good trades don't happen at the trade deadline in season. Right now, it's a seller's market, just like during draft week. The buyer's market is when teams are preparing for free agency and want to get rid of a player and his contract.

davey999

Reaction score
It's not arrogance - they just think they are smarter than everyone else.
Results have proven otherwise.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
By the way, they are looking at the wrong side of the ball.

Maybe, or they realize they can't do anything that will make the defense a strength; so maybe it makes sense to keep the offense that we are relying on strong.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Or, maybe that don't to do a trade just to do one to make the fans feel all gushy inside.
Barely any teams trade players of significance mid-season (or in the off season for that matter).

Somehow the Cowboys are incompetent because of it?

Fantasy football generation.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
3rd best record in the NFL over the past season and a half. Yeah...they really suck. :rolleyes:

you can make stats look anyway you want. how's that record look if you take it back to the beginning of 2015?

3 teams in the NFC haven't played in an NFC Title game the last 21 years. There's a stat.

ask yourself this, how many franchises would switch their FO for this one? not freakin many

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
The trading deadline will come and go without anything. We are used to this already.

TheHerd

Reaction score
I think we're mad because Elliott was suspended, but taking it out on the front office for not making a trade since that seems like the easiest thing to lash out at right now.

I've seen FO threads for years now, even during the run last year. And this is certainly not the first FO bashing we've had for this past off season.

Sydla

Reaction score
Or, maybe that don't to do a trade just to do one to make the fans feel all gushy inside.

I don't know.

Seems to me making a trade could actually help a flawed roster.

But that's just me.