Cowboys FO Arrogance

Sydla

Reaction score
I think we're mad because Elliott was suspended, but taking it out on the front office for not making a trade since that seems like the easiest thing to lash out at right now.

Nah.

I think for most it's bigger than that. A 13-3 team that has taken a step back largely because of poor decisions by the front office.

It's disingenuous to make it seem like some are complaining on a random whim here. We are talking about a franchise whose GM has delivered two playoff wins in 20 years and had a 13-3 team last year and now is fielding a team that was clearly not as good.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Sometimes I feel the Front Office doesn't feel they have to go that extra mile such as making the trade that shows the fans & players we are being aggressive. After all if the Cowboys don't win another game the season fans will be back. Sure we will chant fire Garrett. But nothing will change. This organization will make money whether this team win or lose.

Its not arrogance its indifference.

HanD

Reaction score
Nah.

I think for most it's bigger than that. A 13-3 team that has taken a step back largely because of poor decisions by the front office.

It's disingenuous to make it seem like some are complaining on a random whim here. We are talking about a franchise whose GM has delivered two playoff wins in 20 years and had a 13-3 team last year and now is fielding a team that was clearly not as good.

the front 7 has been better than last year with all the key players back from injuries and suspensions. the back 4 we knew were going to be a work in progress. heath has been way worse than expected and chido has been hurt. nolan was terrible and we knew it from when he was signed. but everyone complained about the players we had. going young was going to always have growing pains. people complained about each and everyone from the secondary that left in the offseason.

the offense took several games to get into gear due to replacing 40% of the OL but has been humming along like last year. the FO was conservative but the only real area of regression IMO sans injury/suspensions has been the secondary.

Reactions: Ken

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nah.

In your case, that's definitely true. I know you've been beating that drum for a while already.

Sydla

Reaction score
the front 7 has been better than last year with all the key players back from injuries and suspensions. the back 4 we knew were going to be a work in progress. heath has been way worse than expected and chido has been hurt. nolan was terrible and we knew it from when he was signed. but everyone complained about the players we had. going young was going to always have growing pains. people complained about each and everyone from the secondary that left in the offseason.

the offense took several games to get into gear due to replacing 40% of the OL but has been humming along like last year. the FO was conservative but the only real area of regression IMO sans injury/suspensions has been the secondary.

You could have prevented some of these issues with some smart FA moves.

For one, bring in a real 1 Tech. We struggled to stop the run and that's largely due to some poor DT play. So finding a real DT would have certainly helped there.

They also could have helped the secondary with a better vet than Carroll. Or maybe don't assume a guy who has never started in Heath shouldn't be handed a starting job.

This team is worse than last year's and it's all tied to decisions made by the front office.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've seen FO threads for years now, even during the run last year. And this is certainly not the first FO bashing we've had for this past off season.

Any excuse for a front office thread--appropriate or not--is roundly appreciated on CZ, that's for sure.

T-RO

Reaction score
When he typed that, I have to know if he did that with a straight face.

Third best record over a season a half? Is there a trophy for that?

There should be.

Championship team? by no means. They've lacked horses on the defensive side.

But do they suck? Only those who bloated and gassy with their own agenda would suggest that. Again...third best regular season mark over past two seasons.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sometimes I feel the Front Office doesn't feel they have to go that extra mile such as making the trade that shows the fans & players we are being aggressive. After all if the Cowboys don't win another game the season fans will be back. Sure we will chant fire Garrett. But nothing will change. This organization will make money whether this team win or lose.

There are 32 teams.

How many teams traded for a player to make them better this season? Was it 3 teams?

kevm3

Reaction score
The problem is we have guys who have no business playing the GM role as our GMs. Jerry and Stephen need to back up and be owners and let a real GM handle business. No other successful franchise runs business like we do. We went from big daddy warbucks in Jerry Jones and got his opposite and scrooge mcjones. They both are ruining our seasons in different ways. One would overspend and get us stuck in bad contracts. The other one absolutely refuses to spend any money when we're benefiting from a cheap Dak and relatively cheap Zeke contract. Now is NOT the time to penny pinch. In fact, we were rewarded by blowing up the secondary and showing little for it except for Trevor Simian looking like Aaron Rodgers, Aaron Rodgers looking like Aaron Rodgers, and Jarod Goff looking like Aaron Rodgers. What's sad is even after all of this penny pinching, Martin isn't even extended and I wouldn't be surprised if we let him walk and decided to dumpster dive for this replacement.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Championship team? by no means. They've lacked horses on the defensive side.

But do they suck? Only those who bloated and gassy with their own agenda would suggest that. Again...third best regular season mark over past two seasons.

2 playoff wins in 2 decades. No agenda necessary.

Bizwah

Reaction score
We've been close the last few years to being a great team. But something keeps us back. I'm not sure if it's coaching, the front office, bad luck. Whatever it is, we don't seem capable of taking the next step.

It seems like we're afraid of taking the plunge with the right FAs. I like our draft strategy. I love how we take the best available player (Taco is arguable) most picks. We really need to be aggressive with FA to really take a leap forward.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I don’t think arrogance is the right word.

The front office has made it clear that they insist on building through the draft. The front office has drafted very well lately overall.

The front office has it’s strengths. They draft pretty well overall, especially on offense. They also do a good job finding undrafted guys who can play.

They have not done well in free agency lately. They need to be better. It’s not due to arrogance though. Their strategy is clear and their strategy can work. The execution has been poor. There is nothing wrong with signings cheaper players who have something to prove or who are a stop gap for a year or two. The problem is, you have to hit on those guys. They did a poor job evaluating what the free agents would bring
To the table.

Their current strategy can build a championship caliber roster, but they can’t miss on the free agents as much. When they spend 17 mil on a guy like Cedric Thornton, he needs to be able to be a solid part of DL rotation.

When they drop the money they paid to Nolan Carroll. The corner needs to be somebody who is a capable, serviceable starter. Not a damn bum like
Nolan is.

These players can be found in free agency. They are out there. The cowboys just haven’t been hitting on them the last couple of years and it’s costing us right now. They don’t need star players from
Free agency. They have found those guys through the draft. But they need to be able to find decent quality starters in free agency to fill
Holes and they haven’t been able to do that.

Oh, and take less risks in the 2nd round.

Hopefully the selection of Chido signals
The end of the project/risky second rounders. I know Chido hasn’t done anything yet but he was exactly the type of player they should be taking in the second round. A guy with starter quality talent, that isn’t a injury risk or behavioral problem.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
People will complain about anything on here......we could be 16-0 and someone will complain if the wins weren't by 50.

Reactions: Ken

Zordon

Reaction score
People will complain about anything on here......we could be 16-0 and someone will complain if the wins weren't by 50.
Why do you guys make comments like this? Did you forget how "happy go lucky" it was around here last year during the regular season?