Cowboys FO Arrogance

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
i don't think the FO feels the need to prove anything to the fans (going that extra mile). If they feel like they are doing the right thing in terms of short and long term for the franchise, that should be enough. going the extra distance and out of your way to appease a fan base can lead to a short career. jmo

Who was available? What was the asking price?

Zman5

Reaction score
The Cleveland Browns suck, this team is far from sucking.

It's matter of semantics. If your definition of suck is being the worst team in the NFL for a decade, yeh we don't suck.

For me it's about making the playoffs and winning playoff games year in and year out. The fact that we only won one more playoff game then Cleveland in 8 years, tells me we suck.

Ken

Reaction score
4-3 with a VERY young defense that is showing signs of becoming very good.

4-3 with a drafted 2nd round DE leading the league in sacks.

4-3 top 5 in the nfl in sacks and leading the league in qb pressures.

4-3 with a 4th round Pro Bowl qb that most teams would love to have.

4-3 behind a stud drafted OL that is the envy of the league. btw...bargain basement fa LG Cooper looks to be a steal.

4-3 with a pro bowl drafted stud rb that was on his way to leading the league again before the league made a horrible decision. Have two guys behind him who are 1,000 yard rushers neither of which were expensive FAs.

4-3 with the best kicker in NFL history...rookie Fa.

I would say that most in this thread should stop and take a step back and appreciate the fact that we have what we have and have done it the right way. Building through the draft is and has always been how you build championship teams and this team is committed to it. We should be thankful for it because we hve seen time and again how it doesn't work the other way (see NYG, Washington Commanders, Philadelphia Eagles).

T-RO

Reaction score
Herschel Walker...oh wait, that was robbery in the other direction.

That was a trade was all about deferred satisfaction. We gave up a glitzy player--our only star--and patiently waited for draft picks.

Fans here would love us to trade away our draft picks for a shiny older (declining) star.

The Cowboys front office finally figured it out, leaving the critics around here in the dust.

T-RO

Reaction score
4-3 with a VERY young defense that is showing signs of becoming very good.

4-3 with a drafted 2nd round DE leading the league in sacks.

4-3 top 5 in the nfl in sacks and leading the league in qb pressures.

4-3 with a 4th round Pro Bowl qb that most teams would love to have.

4-3 behind a stud drafted OL that is the envy of the league. btw...bargain basement fa LG Cooper looks to be a steal.

4-3 with a pro bowl drafted stud rb that was on his way to leading the league again before the league made a horrible decision. Have two guys behind him who are 1,000 yard rushers neither of which were expensive FAs.

4-3 with the best kicker in NFL history...rookie Fa.

I would say that most in this thread should stop and take a step back and appreciate the fact that we have what we have and have done it the right way. Building through the draft is and has always been how you build championship teams and this team is committed to it. We should be thankful for it because we hve seen time and again how it doesn't work the other way (see NYG, Washington Commanders, Philadelphia Eagles).

Post of the month.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I don't think its arrogance. They just aren't very good at this football stuff
They just need more time to get good at it they have only had 22 years since Johnson left it is a process after all and that is why they will give Garrett probably 22 years also because it is a process.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Are the Cowboys the only team NFL without a real GM?
That's where the problem starts add to that they also play at head coach and are building their own head coach in Garrett.
They are hands on every aspect of the team.
This is flawed,but it is what they
enjoy.
They want to win but they can't
and won't give up control.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The Jones are not going anywhere so best to not expect much to change.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The main issue we seem to have right now is with the coaching staff this team is so inconsistent you never know if they're going to show up and go up by 3 touchdowns or they're going to trip over their own feet for the entire first half
penalties without discipline blown assignments they're all signs of subpar coaching.
As I was watching us stumble through the first half of the Commanders game I kept thinking to myself what would Billichek do if they kept making stupid mistakes on him, the answer is not stand there and look like a redheaded Barbie doll.
I mean every coach can expect a team to show up flat once in awhile but it seems like this team it's week in week out they're good and then they're lousy.
All coaching nothing else.