Cowboys FO may have fooled y'all / FO is spineless / FO needs to pull head out **mega-thread**

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the root of the problem is that we aren't comfortable wheeling and dealing. We don't have the connections or confidence. Its just easier and less risky signing the players we know.
I also think it’s possible Jerry knows he’s seen as an easy “play” for other NFL GMs who have infinitely more football wisdom.

SSoup

Reaction score
I wouldn't usea Watkins as proof that they know how to evaluate players.
I used him as proof they were willing to offer stupid money to a recognizable name free agent, a player drafted by someone else, which posters were claiming the team was unwilling to do. But the team was willing to do it. Fans just don't like this example because it flies in the face of their "Free Agency is awesome and is the cure to what ails you" narrative they've built in their addled heads.

Considering he posted numbers comparable to the unheralded 3rd round rookie WR we picked last year, obviously it's for the best that we didn't successfully land him. That's generally what Free Agency is like in the NFL. You overpay for production that isn't gonna be as good as you hoped, which isn't that far off from what a nice draft pick would've given you anyway.

tm1119

Reaction score
I used him as proof they were willing to offer stupid money to a recognizable name free agent, a player drafted by someone else, which posters were claiming the team was unwilling to do. But the team was willing to do it. Fans just don't like this example because it flies in the face of their "Free Agency is awesome and is the cure to what ails you" narrative they've built in their addled heads.

Considering he posted numbers comparable to the unheralded 3rd round rookie WR we picked last year, obviously it's for the best that we didn't successfully land him. That's generally what Free Agency is like in the NFL. You overpay for production that isn't gonna be as good as you hoped, which isn't that far off from what a nice draft pick would've given you anyway.

No one was advocating signing Watkins though, that was a misguided attempt by the front office. You’re choosing to use extreme examples to prove your point, but no one is calling for extreme moves. There IS a middle ground to free agency. I know you don’t want to admit that because it doesn’t fit your narrative, but most (if not all) people on this board that are advocating signings that are reasonable and won’t negatively impact anything down the road at all.

SSoup

Reaction score
No one was advocating signing Watkins though, that was a misguided attempt by the front office.
Of course there were fans who wanted us to sign him. You're lying now to claim the "Free Agency Is The Answer" mob is more reasonable and level-headed than they are. They want us to sign anyone with a name they've heard of at a position of perceived need, and Watkins met that very reasonable and level-headed criteria.

tm1119

Reaction score
Of course there were fans who wanted us to sign him. You're lying now to claim the "Free Agency Is The Answer" mob is more reasonable and level-headed than they are. They want us to sign anyone with a name they've heard of at a position of perceived need, and Watkins met that very reasonable and level-headed criteria.

Why are you telling me what I think lol...you have no clue what you are talking about.

ESisback

Reaction score
I also think it’s possible Jerry knows he’s seen as an easy “play” for other NFL GMs who have infinitely more football wisdom.

Infinitely more football wisdom in the FO in Washington or NY? Arthur Blank? That guy in Jacksonville?

Big_D

Reaction score
This front office is a joke. They're not fooling anybody!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Infinitely more football wisdom in the FO in Washington or NY? Arthur Blank? That guy in Jacksonville?
Well, we all know there are football idiots out there besides Jerry, lol. Little Danny Snyder has specialized in finding and hiring them.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Meh...some of us haven't spent the last year and a half obsessing over acquiring "ET" at any price. If it happens I hope he's able to stay healthy and play close to the level he did in the past.

Time will tell.
Would be a good addition but I think we will be fine without him.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Division champions t-shirts and draft trophies. Nice to see ol' Jerry keeps adding to the legacy of the Dallas Cowboys.

Can't wait for the next Forbes article about winning the revenue title again.

Will McClay can only draft the players. He's not in charge of the coaching...

coult44

Reaction score
Here is the key plan to the perfect off season for the Dallas Cowboys.

1) Tag DLaw. This is best because it will ensure he waits until June to have shoulder surgery and will put him back on the field by week 10.

2) Watch Gregory as he's suspended for 8-10 games . Put him on a plan to recovery.

3) Clean Out David Irving's locker. Our 4th round project tweener will need to use it.

4) Think of a way to insert Sean Lee into Damien Wilson's position. But find a backup because we will need one for at least 10 games.

5) Wave goodbye to your second best WR, who played hard all the time, even when he was hurt.

6) Sign an unknown TE who has never played football before

7) Convince your old and slow TE (whom was my fav at one time) to come out of retirement and hope he's better than the other projects you have on your team.

Finally. Stick up your middle finger to all of your fans and prove to them once again that you have absolutely no intention in getting better through acquiring proven players, and will continue to roll the dice on young inexperienced hopefuls while trying to make them think about LVE and not Taco.

Carson

Reaction score
You know old Jerry’s thinking, we got far last year! With the same team we cannot do any worse right