Cowboys franchise Pollard next season?

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Roshan Johnson from TX in the 3rd or 4th round would be steal. Im bias But..:)) he would work but don't forget Maik Davis already showing flashes.
He used to be a QB so I wouldn't be mad if we picked him up with a 7th. But I'd rather try him out at WR. Because as a former QB, he knows where the receiver is supposed to be. We could use his physicality out on the edges.

I also wouldn't mind us picking up Antonio Gibson from the Commanders and turning him into a wide receiver since he was one in college.

But that's just my team building preference coming into play. I'd rather bigger wide receivers and tight ends, so the defense will get tired of tackling all of those guys and Zeke. We'd dominant every fourth quarter with that type of team.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He used to be a QB so I wouldn't be mad if we picked him up with a 7th. But I'd rather try him out at WR. Because as a former QB, he knows where the receiver is supposed to be. We could use his physicality out on the edges.

I also wouldn't mind us picking up Antonio Gibson from the Commanders and turning him into a wide receiver since he was one in college.

But that's just my team building preference coming into play. I'd rather bigger wide receivers and tight ends, so the defense will get tired of tackling all of those guys and Zeke. We'd dominant every fourth quarter with that type of team.
a 7th ??you must not watch games this dude is barely a drop off from Bijan. hes a 4th rounder easily. hes very underrated. hes not tweener, hes big, fast and turned himself into a very good RB. no, need to move him or move anyone. Lets stick to the RB talk, not converting players LOL

Motorola

Reaction score
Lets see how the rest of the season goes. I think this forum sometimes misses the forest for the trees. The thing about running backs is you need to pay them for what they will do moving forward, not looking at what they did in the past. They missed that with Zeke in a big way. He was no longer explosive when we resigned him to that massive contract. I don't know if Pollard can get any better then he is right now, but I don't see him on the downside at all.
If the Cowboys make a deep playoff run - NFCCG or SB, with Pollard as a signficant contributor, but the team comes up in short in either game - what would you be willing to offer to him to stay on and help for a second stab at the title?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
we couldn;t see Cowboys paying Schultz for one year either ..

Much less " twice" paying Tyron Crawford 8-9 million dollars in consecutive years ... :confused:

I could see them paying Schultz for one year, I predicted they would. We had nothing behind him last year, and he was our starting TE who’s been Dak’s security blanket. He was tied to the team lead with 8 TD catches last season. We couldn’t afford to lose him after moving on from Cooper and Cedrick Wilson. Most of the top teams have a solid pass receiving TE.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Can you people really not sit back and enjoy what's shaping up to be a really good season for hand wringing over the offseason already? Yall must have been absolutely miserable as kids on Christmas Eve..

GRCowboy

Reaction score
cut Schultz give pollard his dollars. ROI makes more sense as pollard impacts more snaps than Schultz and our new draftees look to be better blockers

we are not a TE driven team. Getting away from the Witten model of moving the chains a good thing
We don't have to "Cut" Schultz as he is playing on the tag this year. He will be a UFA after this year just like last year. Some other team can sign him as a Zach Ertz lite, i.e. inconsistent receiving tight end who sucks at blocking.

GRCowboy

Reaction score
Because the Cowboys viewed Murray as just a serviceable work horse back, and a one year wonder ... nuthing superficial about him.

Why didn't Murray have even close to the 1800 workhorse season he had his last season in Dallas ..elsewhere in the NFL ? (Philly, Tenn)
But we didn't replace him. McFadden was washed up due to injuries and Randle was a scatback with baggage...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yes. I suggested all season that in 2023, they should:
Franchise Pollard
Cut Zeke (1st time his salary not guaranteed)
Malik Davis #2 RB
Draft a RB
when you say No guarantee for Zeke, are you saying zero dead money at all if flat our released???

I like that list, ie no Shultz either,

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
a 7th ??you must not watch games this dude is barely a drop off from Bijan. hes a 4th rounder easily. hes very underrated. hes not tweener, hes big, fast and turned himself into a very good RB. no, need to move him or move anyone. Lets stick to the RB talk, not converting players LOL
Yeah but 6' 2" for a RB. Those tall guys don't last long. I love he is intensity though.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Henry
Height: 6′ 3″
Weight: 247 lbs

Johnson 6' 2", 223 lbs.
I'd like to see the half- back passes coming from Johnson.

Dak tosses it to Johnson, who then passes it to Lamb. The CB covering Lamb has to make a choice... Continue to cover lamb, or come up to make the tackle on Johnson.

jay94

Reaction score
If released instead of being traded, Dallas can designate Zeke a June 1st cap hit thereby splitting the $11M dead money between 2023 & 2024.....so Dallas would actually save $11M in 2023 and $8.4M in 2024.
If traded Dallas would save $5M in 2023 (full $11.8M dead money hits in 2023) and $14.3M in 2024.

No team would trade for a below average running back.

stinkface

Reaction score
I know it’s dumb to pay backs, and I’m usually unattached when it comes to contracts, but that guys has unfairly outshined a guy making way too much for too many years…I’d tag him just as an apology or sign him to a 3 year Schultz type contract
Schultz is not playing near to what he was tagged at. Not even close. We have a couple of rookie TE's that will only get better. I say let Schultz go and take the comp pick assuming we can get a comp pick for him. Then take the money you were going to sign him with an keep Pollard if its not an insane amount of money.

stinkface

Reaction score
No team would trade for a below average running back.
Two thumbs up on that one. I'm betting Zeke is not 4.6 kind of back when it comes to speed any more and he could flat out fly a few years ago. Maybe he is a Jerome Bettis type back at the tail end of his career. Not a bad thing, but he's getting paid for more then moving the chains and wearing down the defense.

conner01

Reaction score
I think I read the tag for RBs is around $12 million.
We are going to pay near 30 mil for two RB
I’d keep pollard but you could sign him for less than 12 mil
I’d move on from Zeke
Zeke is important in run game but I can replace what Zeke does easier than replacing what pollard does

Creeper

Reaction score
I would break my own rule about signing RBs and sign Pollard for the right price, but I have a feeling the price is going to be too high. Pollard will be gone next year because someone will offer him close to a Zeke-like contract. Pollard is a game changer. You can see he can score in the passing or running game. He is worth way more than Zeke. I hope the Cowboys can get something done with him, even if it means letting Zeke go. the thing you have to worry about though is RBs don't have long careers generally. But f you use them right they can last log enough.

Nexx

Reaction score
Can you people really not sit back and enjoy what's shaping up to be a really good season for hand wringing over the offseason already? Yall must have been absolutely miserable as kids on Christmas Eve..

shut up Ronnie! :p