Cowboys Free Agency: Low-Cost Answer at RB in Zack Moss

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Go list every RB drafted in the past 10 years and then tell us how many are superstars.
I don’t need to..

RBs are usually about volume more than anything.

Easiest position in football to find.

Dallas needs to focus on run blocking and they’ll get good production from whoever the runner is.

Rayman70

Reaction score
You can get moss for 3-4m per and still draft a rookie. I’m fine with this type of signing
hes a tough between the tackles runner. Not as good as AJ but hes an upgrade over what we had last year. Pollard is a complimentary guy. Moss has the ability to start.

Big_D

Reaction score
I don’t need to..

RBs are usually about volume more than anything.

Easiest position in football to find.

Dallas needs to focus on run blocking and they’ll get good production from whoever the runner is.
Well the idea of finding a superstar anywhere in the draft is far fetched cause it rarely happens. And what do you think that workload is going to look like when they fail miserably every year to use multiple backs and be productive. We’ve seen plenty of RBs come through here and we’re still waiting.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Go list every RB drafted in the past 10 years and then tell us how many are superstars.
Superstar??? who says you need a superstar at running back....How about a guy like Isiah Pacheco, Kansas City's seventh round selection in 2022, 251st overall, two time Superbowl champion averages 4.7 YPC and has has over 2000 yards in rushing and receiving and 14 TDs...This notion that you need an elite running back in todays NFL is ridiculous. Use a draft pick from the third round on, fix the real issue, the offensive line because that's where the problem lies in the Cowboys running game.

Big_D

Reaction score
Superstar??? who says you need a superstar at running back....How about a guy like Isiah Pacheco, Kansas City's seventh round selection in 2022, 251st overall, two time Superbowl champion averages 4.7 YPC and has has over 2000 yards in rushing and receiving and 14 TDs...This notion that you need an elite running back in today’s NFL is ridiculous. Use a draft pick from the third round on, fix the real issue, the offensive line because that's where the problem lies in the Cowboys running game.

lol listing Pacheco is funny. I’m sure having the best QB in football helps take the pressure off the running game. And I was responding to someone who said you can find a ‘superstar’ RB anywhere in the draft. Like we haven’t seen countless RBs here, but this is the year they get it right? they can just wait til the 7th and let’s see if the next Pacheco is sitting there.

Last edited:

Chasing6

Reaction score
One vet RB I can get behind signing is Moss. 4 years in the league he is only 27 and started a bunch of games. Would cost less than half as much as the big names. Add a day 2 draft pick to him and the RB position is set.

Cowboys Free Agency: Low-Cost Answer at RB in Zack Moss​

One of the positions the Dallas Cowboys will be addressing this offseason is running back. With Tony Pollard and Rico Dowdle expected to hit the open market, America's Team has been linked to some big name free agent replacements.
Timm Hamm
3/3/24

FRISCO - One of the positions the Dallas Cowboys will be addressing this offseason is running back. With Tony Pollard and Rico Dowdle expected to hit the open market, America's Team has been linked to some big name free agent replacements.

Derrick Henry, Josh Jacobs, Austin Eckeler and Saquon Barkley have all been linked to the Cowboys at some point.

But those players - as effective as they could be - come at tremendous cost. The Cowboys might need to shop for more of a bargain in their current salary cap situation. One possible answer could be Indianapolis Colts ball carrier Zack Moss.

Moss is projected by Spotrac to sign for two years and $9.2 million. An absolute bargain price compared to Henry, who is expected to get more than double that for a one-year deal at $10.3 million, and Barkley, who Spotrac predicts will sign somewhere for three years and $29.9 million.

If the Cowboys are looking to save some money at running back. Moss could be a good low-cost signing.

More: https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...ing-back-zack-moss-tony-pollard-draft-combine

zack-moss.jpg
Low cost is drafting from the 3rd down.

shabazz

Reaction score
You don't have to develop RB's though. Pacheco didn't need much developing and he as a 7th rounder.
How's our 6th rounder Vaughn developing? Guy can't even get on the field with the sad RB Corp we have here.

I'd rather trust players that have done well for other organizations before " our guys".

shabazz

Reaction score
Poor example, Vaughn was never drafted to be an every down back
Why the need to draft a RB that's not an every down back then? Could have just picked up an UDFA instead

It goes right back to the stupidity of a FO that drafted him as a novelty because of his father.....style over substance

fivetwos

Reaction score
I’m on board with wanting to find RBs in the mid rounds of the draft 100%…

But they haven’t done that lately and you don’t want to back yourself into needing it.

In THIS particular year, supply vs demand says that a few teams are going to get bargains at the position in FA. So…I’m up for going that route plus maybe a draft pick if it’s not a reach.

Just a matter of identifying the right ones, of which I have zero confidence in this FO doing.