Cowboys got 15 players from their draftable board

morat1959

Reaction score
Frazier and Heath are both safe from cuts. They are special team studs and great depth.

Showers, Gathers, Lenoir, Armstrong, C. Wilson are all possible cuts if the 15 coming in are better then them.
I don’t understand saying Heath is a special teams stud. Have you isolated on him? He’s not very good there either.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I’ll feel a lot better if Heath is not on the roster after the final cut downs.

Soooooo many posters liked Heath heading into last season. "All he does is make plays" and claiming he was better than Byron.

Glad we are past that

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
The 3rd and 4th quarters of the preseason games should be more entertaining. We should also have a more talented practice squad.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
via the draft and UDFA.

probably a Cowboys draft day record.

It does not speak to future stars, but it is a positive thing....

If that board is good, cuts are gonna be real tough this year.
And the team should be deeper.

….. and I say to myself what a wonderful world in a Louis Armstrong voice

Rayman70

Reaction score
Frazier and Heath are both safe from cuts. They are special team studs and great depth.

Showers, Gathers, Lenoir, Armstrong, C. Wilson are all possible cuts if the 15 coming in are better then them.
Armstrong aint getting cut...not this year. He has way too much upside and gives us some depth on the edge.

jujoboys

Reaction score
I wonder how many players are on their draft board? If there are 400 players on their draft board then 15 does not sound all that good. Especially if a lot of those players fall below the 300 mark. If they have 200 or 250 playersd on their draft board then getting 15 of those guys would be incredible.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
We will lose a guy or two this year trying to get them on PS and teams will be looking at ours to steal

People say that every year and it rarely happens. No one has seen any of them okay a snap. They could all suck for all we know.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
via the draft and UDFA.

probably a Cowboys draft day record.

It does not speak to future stars, but it is a positive thing....

If that board is good, cuts are gonna be real tough this year.
And the team should be deeper.

It that board is good indeed.

1) Our board is out of step with how the league actually drafted.

That's an established fact.

Is the league out of step with their own boards, so that we're just drafting BPA more consistently than they are?
Is our board out of step with the league?

2) We successfully got draftable guys we wanted among the UDFAs.

Could be that we're more generous or more persuasive, to UDFAs, and so win bidding wars. Jerry did stomp the league in the La'ell Collins Sweepstakes.
Or that Dallas is one of the more attractive place for NFL players to work.
I'd expect both of these to be true.

Given that we think the UDFAs we got were draftable, you'd *expect* us to offer more for them than other teams.

It would be interesting to see how many draftable players we got according to *other* teams' draft boards. I think we've been pretty good with UDFAs for a long time. Hard to say without comparing to other teams.

conner01

Reaction score
People say that every year and it rarely happens. No one has seen any of them okay a snap. They could all suck for all we know.
We rarely cut guys who get pickup when we cut down but I think we will this year
We could cut some vets to make room for younger guys

DFWJC

Reaction score
It that board is good indeed.

1) Our board is out of step with how the league actually drafted.

That's an established fact.

Is the league out of step with their own boards, so that we're just drafting BPA more consistently than they are?
Is our board out of step with the league?

2) We successfully got draftable guys we wanted among the UDFAs.

Could be that we're more generous or more persuasive, to UDFAs, and so win bidding wars. Jerry did stomp the league in the La'ell Collins Sweepstakes.
Or that Dallas is one of the more attractive place for NFL players to work.
I'd expect both of these to be true.

Given that we think the UDFAs we got were draftable, you'd *expect* us to offer more for them than other teams.

It would be interesting to see how many draftable players we got according to *other* teams' draft boards. I think we've been pretty good with UDFAs for a long time. Hard to say without comparing to other teams.
Not that it matters if the players work out, but how do we know our board was out of step with the boards of other teams (vs mock drafts of analysts)?

Not saying it was or wasn't, and I know I would've drafted differently, but how do we know?

The only “fact” we do know is that Dallas has outdrafted most teams lately, so maybe we should give at least some benefit of the doubt.

Last edited: