Twitter: Cowboys have expressed interest in trading for RB Duke Johnson

Rayman70

Reaction score
he's a good back .Shifty and quick. If he can stay healthy, he would be a upgrade behind Zeke and can actually start some games for us if something happens to Zeke.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
he's a good back .Shifty and quick. If he can stay healthy, he would be a upgrade behind Zeke and can actually start some games for us if something happens to Zeke.

The guy can also help in the slot in the passing game. If this team is paying $5 million and $6 million to backups who barely play in Sean Lee and Allen Hurns, paying an actual contributor like Duke Johnson makes much more sense.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The guy can also help in the slot in the passing game. If this team is paying $5 million and $6 million to backups who barely play in Sean Lee and Allen Hurns, paying an actual contributor like Duke Johnson makes much more sense.
agree

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Why? I mean, scoring was not why we lost last year. I don't agree.
Because its ******. Any success this offense has is because of Zeke, Dak's mobility and Cooper. This offense doesn't make anyone better or allow them to use their strengths to their advantage. Its outdated and needs to go. Its years overdue.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And to my knowledge Duke's contract is for a 1+ plus this season.....and by year 3 its around 4.6 million. Very affordable.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Because its ******. Any success this offense has is because of Zeke, Dak's mobility and Cooper. This offense doesn't make anyone better or allow them to use their strengths to their advantage. Its outdated and needs to go. Its years overdue.

I don't agree. It's not the Offense, it's the Coaching Staff. Either way, I don't see that happening so what's the point of going down this road?

Rayman70

Reaction score
the coaching staff is a cluster**** and we all know about the Jones boys. lol

Rayman70

Reaction score
ever hear of too many chiefs not enough Indians? THATS THIS COACHING STAFF. No one ON THE STAFF has clearcut authority. ALL THE AUTHORITY resides in the luxury box with the Jones'.. NOT GOOD. THEIR LIES THE PROBLEM.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, our DL is falling apart. Lets focus on acquiring a back-up RB! That will be our offseason indulgence. Typical jones.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
caveat being IF HEALTHY. I think in our system he will prove highly valuable and productive. The Browns didn't use him right.

Last I checked, Duke Johnson hasn't missed a game in his NFL career.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I stand corrected. Well now I feel a little different about the move lol. Unless he actually has a role on this team but if its the Lance Dunbar/Lucky Whitehead role.....its not worth it.

No, you would have to have a solid plan for him. But like I said, if he can help both as a running back and in the slot? That's a pretty nice roller him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No, you would have to have a solid plan for him. But like I said, if he can help both as a running back and in the slot? That's a pretty nice roller him.
I agree. But I have a strong feeling.....either Beasley is brought back or they draft a slot receiver. I don't think the plan is to just go with Hurns and play Cooper there even though that's what they are selling. Its kind of hard to see what the future of this team is without knowing what Moore's role will be. Is it his offense or is he simply calling Garret's plays?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. But I have a strong feeling.....either Beasley is brought back or they draft a slot receiver. I don't think the plan is to just go with Hurns and play Cooper there even though that's what they are selling. Its kind of hard to see what the future of this team is without knowing what Moore's role will be. Is it his offense or is he simply calling Garret's plays?

If you listen to Jones, he wants Moore's new ideas. That leads me to believe that I feel it's not his offense entirely, he will have a great amount of influence in it. If not, everyone is being done a disservice by half-arsing it.

Garrett will get fired. Moore will get fired. Everybody will get fired.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I guess you didn’t hear also that we have a new offensive coordinator. Jeez, some of the fans don’t pay attention.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
Duke Johnson isn't a 3rd down back though lol. He's a change of pace back who can play some slot for you and be a receiving threat and cause mismatches.
Just like Nyheim Hines drafted in the 4th round last year, playing on a rookie contract for the first 4 years of his career? Just like Tarik Cohen drafted in the 4th round 2 years ago, playing on a rookie contract for the first 4 years of his career? There's plenty more examples, but i don't have the time....