Twitter: Cowboys have expressed interest in trading for RB Duke Johnson

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have never actually done the numbers but I don't know that you have more success spending high picks on RBs, over lower picks that you can develop. There are just two many examples of lower ranked players making good contributions. I mean, this should not be so difficult, to me. We have our starting back. What we want is a reliable second string buy. That doesn't need to be a 1st round pick and they can definitely be found in the later rounds. You just have to make an effort to draft them.

I always enjoy your take on things.

I might not always agree but you don't just repeat other people's (media) narratives.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I always enjoy your take on things.

I might not always agree but you don't just repeat other people's (media) narratives.

Yeah, my take might be completely wrong but I do try to put some small thought into it.

LOL......

KDM256

Reaction score
Don't get the hype for Duke Johnson other than the fact he has a really cool "Football Name." Maybe its the 40 attempts for 201 yards rushing last year or the 429 yards receiving that is so tempting to pick up Cleveland's cast off and over pay as a result.

If Dallas is looking for a running back, Benny Snell Jr should be the pick in the mid rounds and would be much cheaper and productive as well.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
But then you are changing the Offense. What you would like to do is run the same Offense without having to make everybody on the entire Offense change. What you would really like to have is a situation in which you can plug in another back and run the same Offense.
No, this offense needs a boost. It needs a overhaul. Changing the offense needs to happen ASAP.

Big_D

Reaction score
A very good receiving back. I'm all for this if the price is right. A conditional late rounder?

fansince68

Reaction score
I like Duke Johnson as a player.

But no way in hell, would we utilize him right here.

Pass on trading for him for that reason alone
Linehan is gone. We may just learn how to utilize our RB, TE, and WR. Its difficult to evaluate most of our offensive players based on last seasons stats. Hopefully the new kid has some creative ideas. Linehan probably took at least a half season off of Zeke's NFL life expectancy.

75boyz

Reaction score
I am still very frustrated at how this club appears to value Lewis.

The guy won us the Saints game on just a handful of snaps.

But hey, no length. RIchard is no different than Marinelli with his "quick twitch" hangup.

Totally and strongly agree. Best hands of all the dbs by far, which by itself is a feat by Cowboy standards. I've gotten so used to the non ball hawking corners with little instincts, off zone coverage, and no hands that when I see one for us actually jump a route, and gosh forbid, hang onto a pick I'm almost in shock. Please spare me the broad jumper's supposed mirror coverage abilities as he fell off a cliff the last 4 to 5 games last year.

And uh, still no picks.

So yeah. I agree with ya.

75boyz

Reaction score
I like Duke Johnson as a player.

But no way in hell, would we utilize him right here.

Pass on trading for him for that reason alone

You could pretty much insert any draft pick or free agent name and because the offense has pretty much stayed the same the last decade with this current head coach, this same principle would apply to any player.

It's the only thing that will make me watch next year. To see if the offense has new wrinkles. But if Kitna and Moore can't fix the QBs footwork fundamentals, pocket awareness, lack of full field vision, pre snap defensive read ability, timing and most of all, NFL caliber accuracy...It doesnt matter what kind of offense you trot out there...

It will just be the same results. 1st down, ...second down, ...check down, punt.

4th year...Bout time we see some serious improvement on ALL these things if ya ask me. I'd definitely not commit a hundred million 'til I saw NIGHT and DAY improvement in those particular QB deficiencies he has consistently shown. But I ain't Jerry. Lol :)