Twitter: Cowboys have expressed interest in trading for RB Duke Johnson

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Pwr Bleacher report Dallas and Philly have explored trade for Duke Johnson.

Johnson would be the perfect compliment to Zeke. I never knew if he'd be available.

But the brown are loaded at the position now.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Johnson is a really good player and a great guy in the locker room. I'd go 5th for him - particularly if we were targeting some RBs in that range. He's a real weapon in the passing game. This is the sort of all-in move that I like. He's one of the best #2 backs in the league.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Johnson would be the perfect compliment to Zeke. I never knew if he'd be available.

But the brown are loaded at the position now.

They are loaded. But they are not going to have Hunt for at least the first six games next year. I expect Duke's value rises as the trading deadline nears.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
Lawrence for Ogbah, Peppers and Johnson. They have the cap room to pay Lawrence whatever he wants. We get a DE that we liked in the draft, A safety and Backup/change of pace back.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good athlete, good change up for zeke

Actually this is exactly the kind of back I don't want. He's a compliment to Zeke not a replacement. I want a replacement for when he can't play because when Zeke is healthy he's the only RB I want on the field minus the occasional snap or two of rest.

The Cowboys need a true backup RB who can carry the load if need be. Duke Johnson fills the Lance Dunbar role of taking a vastly superior player off the field so you can play 3rd down back for no good reason.

dwreck27

Reaction score
4th or 5th for Duke and I will be very impressed!!

We need to get a RB who is more than a “going through the Motions” while zeke catches his breath... frustrating seeing Rod continually just run into the back of linemen and watch the offense completely stall out while Zeke has to sniff some ammonia salts to quickly get back into his usual pounding every game to keep our offense chugging

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Zeke needs to be in on passing situations. He’s a better blocker and was very good when the passes were catchable. We need a backup RB for if he gets hurt/winded, not a CoP back. I really don’t see the obsession with these scatbacks the Cowboys can’t seem to get over, or utilize.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What makes people think we can’t use a RB in Dallas for some reason? Oh never mind. I remember now.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Duke Johnson - gets majority of 3rd and 4+ type snaps plus some help at slot receiver/motion outside receiver.

How useful is he *with* Zeke on the field? I want the guy Austin was supposed to be - jet sweep and receiving threat from the slot that will hurt you if you press man him.

Johnson seems like much more of a runner, much less of a downfield threat.

Jeffkills

Reaction score
59705173.jpg

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Actually this is exactly the kind of back I don't want. He's a compliment to Zeke not a replacement. I want a replacement for when he can't play because when Zeke is healthy he's the only RB I want on the field minus the occasional snap or two of rest.

The Cowboys need a true backup RB who can carry the load if need be. Duke Johnson fills the Lance Dunbar role of taking a vastly superior player off the field so you can play 3rd down back for no good reason.
I understand what you're saying, but are we sure Duke cant do it? Clevelands not really the land of exploiting player potential.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Like the player, but have no faith in our ability to utilize him correctly. He'll just rot behind Zeke, and he's making too much money to be used for jet sweeps 2 times a game.
If Scott was still the play caller I would agree. With that said I am not totally sure what Kellen's offense and play calling will look like.