Cowboys have given permission to Gallup to seek trade

Cowboys93

Reaction score
Yeah, seems like zero chance he's traded.

Honestly feel like even Tolbert is a better option at this point. Love Gallup though, and wish him the best.
Met him at an event a few years ago. Very nice guy. Sucks that he got hurt especially after he got that deal especially since he was the last WR that we actually developed excluding CeeDee

RS12

Reaction score
"Slight miscalculation" on the whole Gallup situation. Ends with a loud thud.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We won’t get more than a 6 or 7 for him. He hasn’t been near the same player since the ACL a couple years ago.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
we couldn't get a bag of chips for this guy. Another great move by Jerry signing a guy after a bad injury and it hurts the Cowboys. Steele is another.

CWR

Reaction score
If someone offers them a 6th, they better jump on it.

I would be completely shocked if there was a team offering a 5th.

He will likely be cut then we wait to see if we can get a comp for him.
I know they save cap releasing him, but I'm not sure how much they'd have to eat in a trade. For what we'd be offered it can't be worth trading him as opposed to cutting him. Usually the team trading away ends up having to eat a chunk of cap. I'm not sure though.

SoCalBoy

Reaction score
We won’t get more than a 6 or 7 for him. He hasn’t been near the same player since the ACL a couple years ago.
It's been 2 years since the ACL injury. He should be 100% recovered by now. I'll be very happy if we can get a sixth or 7th.

SoCalBoy

Reaction score
And let's not forget his base salary for this year is 8.5 million if the other team restructures it they can get it down to about 3 million plus they're not on the hook for any of his signing bonuses.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It's been 2 years since the ACL injury. He should be 100% recovered by now. I'll be very happy if we can get a sixth or 7th.
He’s recovered from the injury but he hasn’t returned to form and doubt he ever will. Some players return from ACL’s and pick up where they left off and some players are never the same. Michael Irvin tore his ACL in year 3 and returned better than ever.

ATXSRT

Reaction score
And let's not forget his base salary for this year is 8.5 million if the other team restructures it they can get it down to about 3 million plus they're not on the hook for any of his signing bonuses.
This is why I think they can at least get a 5th for him.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It's obvious the Cowboys will be drafting WR with either their 1st or 2nd round pick. Don't be surprised if it's with their 1st round pick.

ATXSRT

Reaction score
It's obvious the Cowboys will be drafting WR with either their 1st or 2nd round pick. Don't be surprised if it's with their 1st round pick.
I think it will be the best available of OT/OG/OC. If we get 1 of those, we can shuffle around the rest of the line with what we have. I'm hoping guard or center, that way Tyler can move back to his tackle position so Dak doesn't get killed this season.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I doubt anyone gives up draft compensation for a player that hasn't surpassed 500 receiving yards in 4 seasons and is on the books for 14 million a year.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I think it will be the best available of OT/OG/OC. If we get 1 of those, we can shuffle around the rest of the line with what we have. I'm hoping guard or center, that way Tyler can move back to his tackle position so Dak doesn't get killed this season.

Yeah I don’t think they draft a wr in the first at all unless something completely strange happens and a ceedee type player falls to them in the draft.