Cowboys have given permission to Gallup to seek trade

Cebrin

Reaction score
Best of luck to him. He has been a very reliable 2 for a solid period. Should have never given him that fat contract though coming off that injury.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
hysterical-laughter.gif

LOL

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
No one is trading for that contract. He's going to be released. At this point, give me a 6'4" rookie who's tough in traffic.
I love this post!!! It seems like there's so many in this draft that size!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
If someone offers them a 6th, they better jump on it.

I would be completely shocked if there was a team offering a 5th.

He will likely be cut then we wait to see if we can get a comp for him.
We wouldn't get that until next year right

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It is breaking news on several social media outlets. Probably the last chance to try and get something. We will need a new starting WR, so I guess this put another position in play with 24/56.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe there is a player on another team that has about the same salary cap hit, and they make a player for player trade.
And that team wants to do the same.
But I doubt that happens, as if a player is given permission to seek a trade, so they want to go to a team of their choice. Basically a team as Dallas does, will release him.

Same thing going on with the 2 DE's from the Eagles, Reddick and Sweat?
However, Eagles always manage to get high picks for their players while trading away lower picks for good players to bring in.
What does Dallas do ... float on a big boat at this time of the year.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Solid player before injury. According to all reports, he was a great teammate. Unfortunately this could be the end of the road for him. The top end of the draft these days is pumping out too many good WR prospects, which ultimately pushes guys like Gallup out of the league.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
The WR group of Lamb / Cooks / Tolbert / Brooks is fine. Its not the best in the NFL but nowhere near the worst. Dallas has much bigger holes in other places. I expect Dallas to cut Gallup and just roll with this group.

Just as a general note, Gallup has been pretty bad post injury. He has no burst out of cuts. Someone posted before that he ranked near the bottom of the league in separation. Every throw to him is contested unless he gets schemed open, which you can do with any WR. You really aren't losing anything here. The pre injury Gallup seems to be gone and he isn't coming back.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
No but I have seen him try to get separation off the gauntlet line of scrimmage, and it hasn't been great!! Hence his release/trade
Gauntlet is a better indicator of game speed than the 40, because you’re actually doing stuff as you move. In 2023 there was a guy who ran a slower 40 time in the mid-5.5’s but had the fastest gauntlet GPS of anyone: Puka Nakua.

Now this year that was Keon Coleman