Cowboys have given permission to Gallup to seek trade

Carson

Reaction score
Does free agency still exist?

Fill RB,RB, DT, and MLB in FA. Its a great draft to go o line round 1, and 2.
It does. But this team is notoriously cheap and doesn’t fill all of their needs through free agency.

You can mark this post. They likely sign 1 maybe 2 guys in free agency. It’ll be Tony Pollard and Eric Kendricks

They are cheap, predictive and reactive as opposed to proactive

They likely draft Tyler Guyton round 1, Jonathan brooks round 2

Landryhat73

Reaction score
Unfortunately some just never make it make from ACL surgery. It’s not the career ending injury it used to be in the 80s & 90s but some just never regain their explosiveness that made them the player they were.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
It does. But this team is notoriously cheap and doesn’t fill all of their needs through free agency.

You can mark this post. They likely sign 1 maybe 2 guys in free agency. It’ll be Tony Pollard and Eric Kendricks

They are cheap, predictive and reactive as opposed to proactive

They likely draft Tyler Guyton round 1, Jonathan brooks round 2
Tony might not be back.

RB1 in the draft has more ROI.

dstew60105

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If someone offers them a 6th, they better jump on it.

I would be completely shocked if there was a team offering a 5th.

He will likely be cut then we wait to see if we can get a comp for him.
Pretty sure you don’t get a comp pick if you cut a player.

visionary

Reaction score
Well at least they tried .. now the why didn’t they trade him crowd can shut up..
LOL, you guys crack me up
This FO is so so blind and incompetent and you guys just lap it up
Gallup with that contract has zero value, so theyre not trying to trade him, this is a hope and a prayer which this FO is built on
You give permission to seek a trade to players who have actual value like Philly is doing with their DEs

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Made some tough catches over the years but he’s not the same player anymore. Good luck 13
We sure about that? Watch him cook with another team. He's not a #1 clearly but I wouldn't be surprised if he's productive somewhere just like most guys who get outta here.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
LOL, you guys crack me up
This FO is so so blind and incompetent and you guys just lap it up
Gallup with that contract has zero value, so theyre not trying to trade him, this is a hope and a prayer which this FO is built on
You give permission to seek a trade to players who have actual value like Philly is doing with their DEs

The cowboys know that…you still try. Gallup and his agent wanted this as well. We all know this ends in him being cut- but them going through the motions really isn’t something to criticize them on.

Criticize them for giving him the extension.

DCCowboys11

Reaction score
What bothers me about this organization is this…
Everyone on this board knew it was a bad contract extension to start with. But the Cowboys didn’t?? Smh. Guy was coming off major injury and they had no idea what they were getting. But “we like our guys”, so they paid him anyway. Complete over value of their own free agents. Worse than what they claim you get when you would pay outside free agents. At least the outside free agents are healthy!! Then we have to listen to “cap, cap, cap, cap”. Likely did the same thing with Terence Steele. There is a history, especially when guys are coming off injury (See Tyrone Crawford, Steele, Gallup, J, Smith, Pollard, heck even Dak extensions). All coming off injuries.

For the record, I love Gallup as a person though and wish him nothing but the best. His injury was very unfortunate.

Carson

Reaction score
What bothers me about this organization is this…
Everyone on this board knew it was a bad contract extension to start with. But the Cowboys didn’t?? Smh. Guy was coming off major injury and they had no idea what they were getting. But “we like our guys”, so they paid him anyway. Complete over value of their own free agents. Worse than what they claim you get when you would pay outside free agents. At least the outside free agents are healthy!! Then we have to listen to “cap, cap, cap, cap”. Likely did the same thing with Terence Steele. There is a history, especially when guys are coming off injury (See Tyrone Crawford, Steele, Gallup, J, Smith, Pollard, heck even Dak extensions). All coming off injuries.
I agree. It seems to be how they operate.

I imagine Steele will be in the same position next season

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Gauntlet is a better indicator of game speed than the 40, because you’re actually doing stuff as you move. In 2023 there was a guy who ran a slower 40 time in the mid-5.5’s but had the fastest gauntlet GPS of anyone: Puka Nakua.

Now this year that was Keon Coleman
Oh ok my apologies you pointed me out to something I never knew, i'm just used to us having slower guys that can't separate

Mcsports

Reaction score
We sure about that? Watch him cook with another team. He's not a #1 clearly but I wouldn't be surprised if he's productive somewhere just like most guys who get outta here.
Seems like in the last month of the season he was open a few times and overlooked.

Cmac

Reaction score
So we're heading for a lineup with Tolbert and with Cooks at 5'8 running slants? SMH. Blame Dak coming soon.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I think it will be the best available of OT/OG/OC. If we get 1 of those, we can shuffle around the rest of the line with what we have. I'm hoping guard or center, that way Tyler can move back to his tackle position so Dak doesn't get killed this season.
With my mock draft, Cowboys could easily draft a Center and an Tackle with mid-round picks in this draft, leaving the first 3 rounds for difference makers at WR, LB and RB. This would be better immediately and starting this year.

visionary

Reaction score
The cowboys know that…you still try. Gallup and his agent wanted this as well. We all know this ends in him being cut- but them going through the motions really isn’t something to criticize them on.

Criticize them for giving him the extension.
Im waking up idiot Cowboys homers eho think this FO is some great shakes for giving Gallup permission to seek a trade

Wake up