Cowboys Have Scouts Watching Simms

RicInAustin

Reaction score
Biggems;2186167 said:
Carpenter and a 3rd for Simms and a 4th

I would do this in a heartbeat.

seriously? you can get him for a 4th or 5th, but you want to give up a 3rd, plus a player?

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
I was against getting Simms. But, after watching Brad play last night, we clearly need a new No. 2. I think I would give up a 5th and/or a 6th for him. If Romo gets injured this year, we're screwed. Checkdown and Ricky boy won't be able to get the job done.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
RicInAustin;2186177 said:
seriously? you can get him for a 4th or 5th, but you want to give up a 3rd, plus a player?

if we can get him for a 5th........cool, git er dun jerrah

but i am desperate......we need a backup QB.

our LB depth is good. Carpenter is a huge disappointment.

as far as the draft picks....we have a ton of them next year......and we have done so much better in the 4th than the 3rd over the last handful of years.

Woods

Reaction score
Biggems;2186221 said:
if we can get him for a 5th........cool, git er dun jerrah

but i am desperate......we need a backup QB.

our LB depth is good. Carpenter is a huge disappointment.

as far as the draft picks....we have a ton of them next year......and we have done so much better in the 4th than the 3rd over the last handful of years.

I think we can get Simms for a 5th or even a 6th rounder. I'm glad Wade is looking at alternatives at least.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
the DoNkEy PuNcH;2186191 said:
I was against getting Simms. But, after watching Brad play last night, we clearly need a new No. 2. I think I would give up a 5th and/or a 6th for him. If Romo gets injured this year, we're screwed. Checkdown and Ricky boy won't be able to get the job done.

We'd be screwed with Simms also

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
dbair1967;2186441 said:
wow, another Mike Lynn is out there

David

the post was to merely express the desperation i feel on the inside about our backup QB position, while at the same time express my displeasure with the pick and play of carpenter

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
CATCH17;2185942 said:
I just wish we wouldn't have let Matt Moore walk last year.

Its one of the few bad decisions this front office has made.

Couldn't agree more, we wouldn't be giving up jack for anybody right now.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I'd give in to the Bucs demand for a 4th, or a 5th, whatever it is, as we could easily recoup that pick w/ the surplus of picks that we'll have

we'll undoubtedly be trading for a 4th in the next draft anyways

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2186675 said:
I'd give in to the Bucs demand for a 4th, or a 5th, whatever it is, as we could easily recoup that pick w/ the surplus of picks that we'll have

we'll undoubtedly be trading for a 4th in the next draft anyways

What kind of money is Simms making?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2186701 said:
What kind of money is Simms making?

he got a contract extension a couple of years ago, to my limited knowledge on the dollar amount, I believe it wasn't that great, I think the total salary was like 25 mil, the bonus being 7 or 8 mil

I'm not sure, but he's not making a fortune

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2186712 said:
he got a contract extension a couple of years ago, to my limited knowledge on the dollar amount, I believe it wasn't that great, I think the total salary was like 25 mil, the bonus being 7 or 8 mil

I'm not sure, but he's not making a fortune
Thanks!

juck

Reaction score
Simms was pretty good before that injury i like him his dad was a qb he has experience i think he a good option way way way better than Brad.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I was holding out on Simms until the game on Saturday night. Brad was just uber stinky, so I would be down with bring in Chrissy for the right price.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Doomsday;2185933 said:
I think we should take a flyer on Sims, it has been pretty evident for a year now that Brad Johnson's career is done.

After watching the pre-season game I am now considering this urgent. I do not believe Brad can come in and and keep us afloat.

All that said Simms has a seriously injury history so the thought of keeping only 2 QBs becomes tougher with him as the 2nd.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I would trade a 5th for him and bring him in here and give him all the practice reps that Romo does not get. Cut Bartel tommorrow and hope that Simms, by the end of camp, knows the offense enough to be the backup.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Joe Rod;2187049 said:
I was holding out on Simms until the game on Saturday night. Brad was just uber stinky, so I would be down with bring in Chrissy for the right price.

"Chrissy"??

I thought we'd laid that silly crapola to rest when the guy played the second half of a game with a freakin' ruptured spleen...

I'd love to see what YOU'D do in that situation, tough guy... you'd probably be over on the sidelines, curled up on a gurney in the fetal position, demanding morphine...