Cowboys have talked with Chris Johnson on two occasions

Bill Wooten

Reaction score
The report I saw was that CJ was out of practice with a shoulder injury, not hamstring. Though who knows which of these sites knows the real truth.

Bill Wooten

Reaction score
Just read that CJ will not be playing in the Senior Bowl due to injury. Replaced by the RB from Oregan.

Woods

Reaction score
Oh_Canada;1924797 said:
Here is a profile on Ellis....looks like a high risk, high reward type:

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/de/chrisellis.html

DeMario Pressley I am not high on...he seems to be a tweener and doesn't offer anything that we don't have already on the roster among our d-lineman.

Here's some info on Pressley. Interesting bio.

DeMario Pressley DT North Carolina St

STRENGTHS
DeMario has the size, athletic talent and overall potential to be the best DT in this draft. He has excellent quickness and strength off the ball and can play in any style of defense. In a 3-4 defense, he should be an excellent DE; however, if push comes to shove, I’m sure he could play the nose for you and do a very good job. He will be effective in any type of defense because he uses very good techniques in defending against the run as well as rushing the pass. He will be able to impact in any style of defense. DeMario is a hell of a player. I call him DeMario (Rock & Roll) Pressley because he makes a defense rock and roll. What?! You thought I was going to nickname him Elvis?!

NEEDS TO IMPROVE
DeMario just needs more confidence. He needs more repetitions and some good coaching to continue his development. DeMarco also needs to become a little more aggressive when rushing the passer. He has everything else.

TALENT BOARD ROUND 1
I do not believe that DeMario realizes how good he can really be! Let me give you some idea. He can play in a 1-gap attack defense or 2-gap defense. He can be used in a defense like the Pittsburgh Steelers where the linemen fall off into passing lanes on third and long; or, he can be used in the conventional 4-3 defense like the Garden State Giants use. He could fill the position of strong side DE in a 4-3 and then move inside on third and long passing downs to take advantage of his quickness as an inside pass rusher. DeMarco can also be used as a DT in the conventional 4-3 defense or he could fit the position of DE in a 3-4 defense because he has the athletic talent to drop off into pass coverage on third downs. The kid right now is a little behind in his experience for two reasons. First, he is on a college team that had some excellent defensive linemen for the last few years; second, he’s had some injuries. I think DeMarco is an excellent team player and in the years leading up to this one, was content to let his teammates take the lead. Now it is up to DeMarco to fill that role. DeMarco is the type of player that when you see him once, he makes the little hairs on the back of your neck stand up. He has that much pure talent. Draft him and give him a few years to develop and this kid will be one of the best defensive linemen in the league. A lot of teams will be knocking themselves over the head because they didn’t draft him. This is the type of kid that is a bit of a sleeper because all of his talents are still not on display right now. He is also the type of kid that gets scouts fired because you, as a scout, did not recommend DeMario be drafted by your team in the first round. Rock ‘n roll baby…rock and roll.
X = Would Not Draft C = Character I = Injury M = Maturity

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
theogt;1924751 said:
I doubt Charles is even being considered. There are about a dozen better backs in the class.

I was talking about who is going to run the fastest 40 time for RB, not who Dallas is looking at. :)

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGztl7-PlLA a run by johnson

Choice is interesting b/c he may last til the 3rd. He runs hard, quick enough, and best of all he has GREAT vision. He cuts well also. He'd be much better then having julius

http://youtube.com/watch?v=S0i5NOVLl_s

watch the run at 54 seconds. Thats the type vision we will want for a change of pace back. I love that he cuts and then gets upfield. He doesnt try to run lateral.

marchetta

Reaction score
Chris Johnson RB East Carolina
STRENGTHS
Chris is a natural RB with good size and excellent speed and quickness to impact at the next level. He shows great vision and lateral agility in the hole. Chris is a recurring nightmare to deal with when he catches a swing pass out of the backfield and is in open space. He has good hands to catch the ball down the field like a WR and excellent body control to adjust to the ball. Chris has the potential to impact at the next level just like Brian Westbrook and Reggie Bush have for their teams. He has the speed, burst, quickness, vision, lateral agility and eye/ hand coordination to be an impact player.

NEEDS TO IMPROVE
Chris has to learn to hold onto the ball, reducing his fumbles. He also has to learn how to block and how to play when he is hurting. Right now, Chris has shown no interest in blocking at all and that alone could keep him off the field and limit his ability to impact for the team that drafts him. He has to develop the mental toughness that it takes to be the player his talent suggests he can become. Chris, at the NFL level, is going to be hit and dropped to the ground for the first time in his life. When he is, it will resemble an express train hitting a stalled car on the tracks in the middle of a town the post office lost the zip code to. I think it will take some time for Chris to adjust, but I do believe he will adjust!

TALENT BOARD ROUND 2
The Philadelphia Eagles in the 3rd round of the 2002 draft picked Brian Westbrook (RB Villanova). Brian was about the same size as Chris is right now and everybody thought Brian would be an excellent third down back. But Brian fooled everybody! He bulked up and has become a franchise back because of his intelligence, his natural talent, his mental toughness and the ability to stay injury free. Chris has the same type of athletic talent as Brian. In fact, he just might be a little bit faster. He has been bothered in the past with injuries and does fumble at times, so he will have to bulk up and realize that to play hurt and to play with an injury are two different things. He has to learn to play hurt and to play through the pain. He has to learn when to go down and when not to push for more yardage. Chris is a natural runner when he runs through the tackles because he has good balance, vision, lateral agility and can break tackles with his speed and quickness. There is no doubt in my mind that Chris has the potential to be a franchise player. Give him the chance to touch the ball 15 or 20 times at different positions and special teams and Chris will be an impact player just like Brian and Reggie are for their teams. Chris is what is known in the game as a game breaker. He is the type of player that can score from anywhere on the field and on any given play. I going to call him Chris (Zip Code) Johnson because I think he can stand up to that train and re-establish that zip code the post office so conveniently forgot about.

- Drew Boylhart (thehuddlereport.com)

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
superpunk;1924806 said:
That was filthy.

Yes, please.

wow. That guy has an incredible top end. He is exactly what we need as a return man on punts and to pair with austin.

Looks like sproles when he hits the open field, his legs start moving faster!

Man if he can catch and you could get him a screen or a little wheel route out of the backfield once or twice a game...he may break a game.

a guy like that coupled with a veteran or another rookie back with some size and we could be set for 5 years at running back. and yes I think we need two more guys to go with barber.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Here's a video of every play by Choice against Notre Dame where he had 196 yards and 2 TDs on 26 carries. Yes, ND sucked this year, but notice that on almost every single play there were 8 or 9 defenders in the box, often run blitzing. Their sole purpose was to stop him and they couldn't do it.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Johnson reminds me of Devin Hester. Just like Hester he never really found a true position in college.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Woods;1924729 said:
SO, the guys we have shown interest in include

RB C Johnson
Choice

WR E Doucet

Who else is there?

Didn't I read somewhere that they'd had some contact with Limas Sweed??

Woods

Reaction score
silverbear;1924876 said:
Didn't I read somewhere that they'd had some contact with Limas Sweed??

I haven't read that, but you may be correct.

We probably need a sticky or something to keep track of the players we've shown interest in - now and during the Combine.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
nyc;1924781 said:
OMG, it's the cave troll in the Mines of Moria from Lord of the Rings! :laugh2:

Actually, he looks like Shrek but in a good way.