Cowboys have talked with Chris Johnson on two occasions

sbark

Reaction score
Jerry Jones throwing out flak, mis-direction and interference really early this year.........:rolleyes:

IronCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
If Charles is around in Round 5, and we haven't taken a back(Which wont happened) Then I'd happily take him. There are easily 10 backs who are more talented then him.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
IronCowboy;1924998 said:
If Charles is around in Round 5, and we haven't taken a back(Which wont happened) Then I'd happily take him. There are easily 10 backs who are more talented then him.

Yawn... I notice that in your posts, EVERY Horns player is a bust waiting to happen... which leads me to wonder which alternate Texas institution of higher learning you got your alleged education from...

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
ALl this "The cowboys have talked to (insert name here)" talk is really moot at this point.

By the time the draft rolls around they will have talked to 20 different players at each position.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
silverbear;1925003 said:
Yawn... I notice that in your posts, EVERY Horns player is a bust waiting to happen... which leads me to wonder which alternate Texas institution of higher learning you got your alleged education from...

He happens to be right about Charles.

And you have to admit, you're the opposite when it comes to UT players. You often let your bias blind you and you overrate them.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
theogt;1924825 said:
Here's a video of every play by Choice against Notre Dame where he had 196 yards and 2 TDs on 26 carries. Yes, ND sucked this year, but notice that on almost every single play there were 8 or 9 defenders in the box, often run blitzing. Their sole purpose was to stop him and they couldn't do it.

That's cuz, as you said, Notre Dame sucked.

Choice doesn't impress me at all. He's solid, nothing more.

JPM

Reaction score
Rack;1925004 said:
ALl this "The cowboys have talked to (insert name here)" talk is really moot at this point.

By the time the draft rolls around they will have talked to 20 different players at each position.
Yeah, but it's awfully fun. ;)

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
JPM;1925023 said:
Yeah, but it's awfully fun. ;)

True.

I'm just referring to the people that pull out the "So we draft so and so and #22, then (insert player being talked to by cowboys here) at #28".

The cowboys are going to end up talking to lots of players, even some they have no chance of drafting.

CPonder14

Reaction score
I have read that Chris Johnson, has fumbling problems, and has small hands.

eeeeeeeekkkkkk

Hailmary

Reaction score
CPonder14;1925040 said:
I have read that Chris Johnson, has fumbling problems, and has small hands.

eeeeeeeekkkkkk

That's something that can be corrected w/ proper coaching (i.e. Tiki).

And judging by what I saw during NFLN's coverage of the South's Senior Bowl practice yesterday, these kids aren't being taught the fundamentals that we all think they are.

IronCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;1925003 said:

Hm, I didn't know the Longhorns had a roster that consisted of two players? Which leads me to wonder where you receiver your alleged education from. School of Neanderthalic Rats?

I'd like to add that Okam is a stud. But according to you I think all but 2 Horns players are busts waiting to happen. Do a little research before you preach blasphemy. Your not Al Sharpton.

marchetta

Reaction score
Goldenrichards83;1924732 said:
Demarrio Pressley, Chris Ellis.

Chris Ellis DE Virginia Tech
STRENGTHS
Chris has the size, speed and athleticism to be a pretty good player at the next level. He does a good job rushing the passer and when he gives the effort, he is very difficult to stop. When he gets off the ball and into the backfield quickly, he can cause all sorts of havoc. Chris looks the part of a big time pass rusher and if he is drafted by the right team and has the right coach, he could turn into the type of player who is a situational pass rusher that can impact right away.

NEEDS TO IMPROVE
Once you get your hands on Chris, he is easy to neutralize. He also has good speed, but I don’t feel he has shown me a consistent burst off the line of scrimmage. Chris does a very bad job at the point of attack, which makes him a liability as a defensive lineman or a linebacker. He also does not show any lateral agility to be used as a LB in pass defense. Right now, Chris takes a lot of false steps because he is either thinking too much or does not really know his assignment. What I see is a talented kid who has not improved from year to year.

TALENT BOARD ROUND: 4 M
Let’s see, a talented kid who does not improve from year to year, does not do well when defending against the run, lacks effort on every play, does not finish his pass rush if hands are laid on him…did I leave anything out? I’m not going to bother to do a search on him for character issues -- I will let you do that yourself. He is a kid that if he starts to take the game of football seriously, he could be a solid player. But for me personally, I’m not going to spend money on a kid that might show up after he signs a big contract or will show up for his contract year only. Chris strikes me as that type of player! He has played better this year than he did last year, but he still has not improved his play. He just played better. He doesn’t want any part of defending at the point of attack, which is an attitude issue and not a talent issue. This kid could be a situational pass rusher, but I’m not sure he has the quickness like Mark Anderson (DE Chicago Bears). I guess we will find that out at the combine providing he works out. Something tells me he won’t.

- Drew Boylhart (thehuddlereport.com)

Big Dakota

Reaction score
theogt;1924742 said:
Right. But what about the link to the article? You don't have to post the article.

Still have to but it and i won't buy anything from those morons.

hendog

Reaction score
Personally I would like to have Charles as a speed back.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
hendog;1925353 said:
Personally I would like to have Charles as a speed back.

I agree. The only thing I would be opposed to is reaching for him. I think Charles in the 3rd rd would be a good pick I would have an issue with the selection in the 1st or 2nd rd

silverbear

Reaction score
Rack;1925016 said:
He happens to be right about Charles.

No, he's not... there are not ten better backs in this draft class than Jamaal, and anybody who says there is is either completely clueless, or completely lost in his Horns hatred...

And you have to admit, you're the opposite when it comes to UT players. You often let your bias blind you and you overrate them.

I don't have to admit any such thing, if only because it ain't true... I like SOME Horns players (like Sweed and Charles this year), and some of them I don't want any part of (like Frank Okam this year)...

I'd also say that history has judged the Horns players that I have liked in years past rather well... Roy Williams, Derrick Johnson, Ricky Williams, Vince Young, Casey Hampton, Leonard Davis, Derrick Dockery, Quentin Jammer, Aaron Ross and Chris Simms are all players that I have touted in the past... I have been told that most if not all of these players were "garbage", by self-appointed "experts" who were really nothing but Horns haters... all but Simms have had pretty solid NFL careers thus far... I'd take any one of them on the Cowboys right now, no questions asked (I wouldn't want to replace Romo with either Vince or Chris, though, they'd strictly be backups here, LOL)...

I'd even take Ricky at a bargain price, to be Barber's backup...

Nope, while I make no bones about being a Horns fan, I only tout those players that I think will make good pros, who might be able to help the Cowboys... if I don't think they have game, I say so, pretty clearly...

silverbear

Reaction score
IronCowboy;1925075 said:
Hm, I didn't know the Longhorns had a roster that consisted of two players?

Oh, so you don't just indulge in knee-jerk hatred of anything that wears burnt orange?? OK, I'll take your word for it... perhaps you're just clueless when it comes to evaluating college talent...

I'd like to add that Okam is a stud.

Wrong again...

But according to you I think all but 2 Horns players are busts waiting to happen.

Well, if you say rather outrageous things about those 2 Horns players, and never seem to say anything positive about any of their other prospects, it's a natural, even logical, assumption to come to...