Cowboys have the 19th pick

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Perfect! I'm sure there will be a guy at 19 who is a top 5 talent but w drop foot or drug issues.

Jerry would love the challenge of landing a top 5 talent at #19 who’s fallen due to several failed drug tests, a couple of domestic violence accusations and a rare genetic disorder that could potentially leave the player without the use of all their extremities within the next 5 years.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Adding quality is never a recipe for disaster.
The quality over quantity mindset which makes teams trade up is the recipe for disaster.

In the draft you want to come out with as many at bat's as possible to land that quality.

Hardline

Reaction score
The quality over quantity mindset which makes teams trade up is the recipe for disaster.

In the draft you want to come out with as many at bat's as possible to land that quality.
Moving up increases your odds of getting quality. Late round picks have a greater chance of getting cut.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Signing off!!!!!!!
The jitney started!!!!!!!!
Check me out at the Oi/dub step show in Deep Ellum. If they let me in.
Have a happy new year, naive yanks!!!!!

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Moving up increases your odds of getting quality. Late round picks have a greater chance of getting cut.
Where is the research to back this claim?

In fact most analysis of the draft say the opposite.... Moving up is a bad idea.

I'll look forward to your follow-up.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We need quality over quantity .
I'm all for trading up as much as possible even if it means a smaller draft class.
giphy.gif

RoboQB

Reaction score
Where is the research to back this claim?

In fact most analysis of the draft say the opposite.... Moving up is a bad idea.

I'll look forward to your follow-up.

Here's my research.

The Eagles and Rams say it was beneficial to their franchises to trade up for Carson Wentz and Jarod Goff.
I'm not sure on this, but I think they answered that question while printing playoff tickets for their respective home crowds.