Cowboys have the 19th pick

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's my research.

The Eagles and Rams say it was beneficial to their franchises to trade up for Carson Wentz and Jarod Goff.
I'm not sure on this, but I think they answered that question while printing playoff tickets for their respective home crowds.
Teams traded up for Mahomes and Watson. Neither player put their team in the playoffs this year.

starcity214

Reaction score
Teams traded up for Mahomes and Watson. Neither player put their team in the playoffs this year.

Are you kidding me? Watson looked like He's gonna be something special and even Mahomes looks to be a good pick.
I guess you want us to keep trying the "hope a project works out" method of finding a QB.
If Darnold or Rosen are "franchize QB" we would be foolish not to trade up if that opportunity presented itself.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dallas has really good draft flexibility this year if they feel they need to make a move on draft day. They could afford to trade up 4 or 5 slots if a player they really value is there and still have a robust draft class

Hardline

Reaction score
Where is the research to back this claim?

In fact most analysis of the draft say the opposite.... Moving up is a bad idea.

I'll look forward to your follow-up.
My follow up is this,.
Go look at all 32 NFL rosters and compare the starters in the first 4 rounds to later rounds and free agents.
I'll look forward to your follow up.

kevm3

Reaction score
I still can't get over not trading up for Wentz even after the Cowboys coached him for 1 week at the Senior Bowl.

Wentz wouldn't be much better than Dak here, especially without Zeke. Garrett already lost with Wentz in the Senior Bowl against a Dak led team.

RoboQB

Reaction score

But I bet they're happy with their decision.

I was responding to someone who claims trading up doesn't work and then demands research when someone else says otherwise. You know the kind. Are you agreeing with the Lion King fella?

RoboQB

Reaction score

Hey, shouldn't a staff member show an example by staying on topic when someone responds directly to someone?

RoboQB

Reaction score
Wow. I thought we were talking about trading up from 19 to 15 for a LB. People trade up like that all the time.

starcity214

Reaction score
Losers lose.

Loser fans wish for losses.

Go root for the Browns if you love losses and high draft picks.

Otherwise, don't complain when your team wins.

My question is, if you love winning so much, why do you root for a franchize that only wins half of their games on Average? (Garrett's 500 record)

RS12

Reaction score
Losers lose.

Loser fans wish for losses.

Go root for the Browns if you love losses and high draft picks.

Otherwise, don't complain when your team wins.
Yawn, superfan wants to tell everybody else how to be a fan, go find another simpleton to bother.

DiResta

Reaction score
Vita Vea
he would be perfect
long arms
6'5" 350lbs looks just like Damon Harrison only more athletic
pops the dudes in front of him and holds them out there at arms length then just rips them aside to make the stop if the ball comes his way
he would help a lesser lb stay clean and you dont run at him without help