Cowboys have the NFL friendliest fans!

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
Dak changed the culture. Cowboys use to be the worst when the we’re losers pre 2016

CPanther95

Reaction score
If they asked the question only to opposing fans leaving NFL stadiums, the Bills would be on the bottom.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Apparently they didn't see the story, about the Eagles fan after the loss to the Saints.

A lady, was mad, and started to beat up her friend at the hotel room after the game. ...well, the dog is just fine, no harm done...I will say that first, before the next part...she put the dog in a microwave, but did not turn it on, or never got the chance to.

They said, the dog had no room to move, and the air was getting low. Yes she has been charges.
It was on 247sports site. not sure if on any other news sites.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
is it weird that 3 out of the top 5 are NFC South teams?
The obvious distinction here is people in the South are more friendly and not as educated.

There is one exception to who the South extends their southern hospitality to.

CPanther95

Reaction score
The obvious distinction here is people in the South are more friendly and not as educated.

My takeaway is when you ask someone a question like this, if it's viewed as a positive, you are going to name your favorite team.

I find it very plausible that people from the South would want to be considered friendly and people from the North would view being friendly as a handicap for a good NFL fan base.

Basically this is a popularity contest with half the respondents wanting the trophy at the top and the other half wanting the trophy at the bottom.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Dak changed the culture. Cowboys use to be the worst when the we’re losers pre 2016
You hear them coming, can't you?

5357040-2154197276-tumbl.gif

Diehardblues

Reaction score
My takeaway is when you ask someone a question like this, if it's viewed as a positive, you are going to name your favorite team.

I find it very plausible that people from the South would want to be considered friendly and people from the North would view being friendly as a handicap for a good NFL fan base.

Basically this is a popularity contest with half the respondents wanting the trophy at the top and the other half wanting the trophy at the bottom.
Im not sure those who want the trophy at the bottom even realize what Southern Hospitality is?

To be neighborly and kind greeting strangers. I’ll never forget my first trip to NYC saying “ morning” as I passed someone they thought I must be crazy.

Being proud of cold and rude is not an attribute id aspire to.

CPanther95

Reaction score
To be neighborly and kind greeting strangers. I’ll never forget my first trip to NYC saying “ morning” as I passed someone they thought I must be crazy.

Being proud of cold and rude is not an attribute id aspire to.

In the context of a fan base though, home field advantage doesn't come from being friendly. The perception is that you should make it very difficult for opposing teams and fans in your house.

The same mentality we see on this forum frequently where they want the players to hate the other team - even after the game there shouldn't be any smiles, hugs, or swapping jerseys .

Not that I agree with it, but if I were asked the question, I certainly wouldn't want the Steelers to be viewed as having a friendly atmosphere for opposing fans.

Going to Panthers games in Charlotte however, everything is geared to a family friendly atmosphere - including no banners or signage that is critical or insulting to opposing teams.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In the context of a fan base though, home field advantage doesn't come from being friendly. The perception is that you should make it very difficult for opposing teams and fans in your house.

The same mentality we see on this forum frequently where they want the players to hate the other team - even after the game there shouldn't be any smiles, hugs, or swapping jerseys .

Not that I agree with it, but if I were asked the question, I certainly wouldn't want the Steelers to be viewed as having a friendly atmosphere for opposing fans.

Going to Panthers games in Charlotte however, everything is geared to a family friendly atmosphere - including no banners or signage that is critical or insulting to opposing teams.

So they can't hang a banner that says...Garrett Sucks...@Ranching would never be let in to the game... :muttley:

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Home field advantage applies to the opposing team not feeling welcome not the fans.

CPanther95

Reaction score
Home field advantage applies to the opposing team not feeling welcome not the fans.

Clearly, you're one of those "friendliest fans" fans.

The opposing team feels less welcome when none of their fans want to come to the game .

Last edited:

Birdgang

Reaction score

Not true , because fans can make or break a game sometimes. Noise at the right time, getting into players ears ... Talib was just on TV going after a fan ... at home no less, since they dont have an HFA. Now the Philly thing is so long and drawn out BS. The media loves to play it up, so many teams fans are worse and have been worse for a loooooong time. Philly gets screwed because of the partiers outside the stadium ... which is filled with young punks... College kids and kids from suburbs coming into city acting a fool. It is a tri-state surrounded by lots of people ... most of the scum come from South Jersey .

Remember all the Vikings crying last year ? Tell me , why didnt the media play this vid ? but does not fit peoples narrative

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Clearly, you're one of those "friendliest fans" fans.

The opposing team feels less welcome when none of their fans want to come to the game .
In most cases ( of course Jerryworld an exception)a minimal number of opposing fans attend which have little if any effect on the home field advantage crowd noise.

Hostile home crowds couldn’t be appealing to anyone but drunken barbaric borderline criminal fans

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s not just about being friendly but having class and dignity. This is a football game where people often spend thousands for their family entertainment value.

Do fans really think it’s in good taste to be abusive to women and children opposing fans cheering on their team. That’s the example you want to set.

We really don’t have these type of issues at NCAA games. The major difference is alcohol isn’t allowed.

It’s why Cowboy games have often been the friendliest and well behaved fans because not only was alcohol outlawed so was tailgating.

I’m not sure why people think they need to be criminally intoxicated to enjoy a football game?