Twitter: Cowboys HC Mike McCarthy addresses media at the Combine - 02/26/2020

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
McCarthy's 1st impression of Dak

18/27 for 247 Yards 3td 1Int 117qbr 67%

Translation Dak Hater's....take a left on "bye Felicia Blvd" keep going till you find "QB Whisperer Lane".. park on the right in front of "any other 31 NFL team" Blg!

Are you lonely or something? You made it a point to go out of your way TWICE to mention "Dak haters" before anyone had anything negative to say about the QB situation.

This whole insane civil war between y'all extremists is really obliterating my enjoyment of this forum. I'm sure that I'm not the only one.

Instead of questioning Big Mac's Analytics team, that seems nonexistent..or reveling in the fact that he specifically mentions building the defense..you have effectively provided the catalyst for this thread to burn up in y'alls crossfire.

Get on with it. You like him. People don't. Stop dragging the entire forum down with the childish banter.

Maverick84

Reaction score
Are you lonely or something? You made it a point to go out of your way TWICE to mention "Dak haters" before anyone had anything negative to say about the QB situation.

This whole insane civil war between y'all extremists is really obliterating my enjoyment of this forum. I'm sure that I'm not the only one.

Instead of questioning Big Mac's Analytics team, that seems nonexistent..or reveling in the fact that he specifically mentions building the defense..you have effectively provided the catalyst for this thread to burn up in y'alls crossfire.

Get on with it. You like him. People don't. Stop dragging the entire forum down with the childish banter.
:hammer:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Where were you the past 4 years of daily Dak (and his supporters) criticisms? :huh:

Loso86

Reaction score
Hope Mccarthy says "we need to cut Crawford then use that 8 million saved to upgrade both DT spots"
If he takes a significant amount of a salary reduction hes good depth and can play every position. You know we basically have no line right lol

Tussinman

Reaction score
You know we basically have no line right lol
I know we have no line, that's why i'm saying get rid of him and literally sign 2 superior players for the same price (more bodies and more performance). Depth can came in later rounds if they don't end up spending pick on D-line in the 1st 3 rounds which I expect them to do (wouldn't be suprised to see D-line and safety as the first 2 picks)

Sandyf

Reaction score
Funny it that have to believe everyone really knew that Dak was going to be back. What gets me is fans worrying about the money when we all know that if a team wants to sign someone, they find a way. If Dallas wanted to resign all their free agents, they would find a way. Every year teams decide not to resign a guy or let go of a guy be it that they don't want to spend the money on the guy or the guy is declining or he doesn't really fit the system or who they drafted is better or the guy they drafted is a bust.

Not wanting to pay a guy whether it is Dak or Cooper or Jones or Quinn is just ridiculous and really shouldn't be a fan concern. Dallas has close to 80 million under the cap and even if they used all of it to resign Dak, Amari and Byron they could easily get another 60 million under the cap with restructures or cutting a guy like Crawford. We see it every year with other teams and our own. If, as some have spectulated, that the new CBA could actually raise the cap this year and will certainly raise it next year most likely by around 10 percent what does it matter. It is and will be how a team structures contracts.

Dreski

Reaction score
When we do win with Dak you should be banned from this site and not allowed to celebrate with the rest of us.
Amir Cooper and Gallup(granted its Gallup’s second year) had career years, Cobb had his best year since 2015, all while the team still rushed for over 2k yards.

Saying Dak doesn’t elevate the team and has hit his ceiling is funny. He has things to clean up, sure, but to think he hit his ceiling and can’t improve is silly.

Dak has gotten better every year, and he’s shown he’s willing to put the work in to get better. He has an experienced head coach now, and hopefully he will aid Dak in improving, like Dak has done every year he’s been here.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Haha Garrett is gone! Every time I think about that I get so happy.
source.gif

817Gill

Reaction score
I know we have no line, that's why i'm saying get rid of him and literally sign 2 superior players for the same price (more bodies and more performance). Depth can came in later rounds if they don't end up spending pick on D-line in the 1st 3 rounds which I expect them to do (wouldn't be suprised to see D-line and safety as the first 2 picks)
Lmao you think you can sign 2 superior players for 8M? What planet are you on lol. Crawford isn’t worth his price tag but that doesn’t make him bad. Just like Dak not being worth 40M doesn’t make him bad, he’s just not worth that cost. Dak at 30 would be a steal.

Same with Crawford. Get him at 3M and you have a starting D lineman for a good price. He’s not a star, but to think he sucks is plain wrong. He’s an average to solid starter who does the dirty work and is a good locker room presence. Keep in mind he can play literally every position except 1-tech. Meaning any 3-4 alignments he’s your starting 5-tech and a solid one at that. With a price cut, T-Craw becomes a solid member of the line, not the overpriced average guy he is at 8M

Tussinman

Reaction score
Lmao you think you can sign 2 superior players for 8M? What planet are you on lol
Last year you could literally have Danny Shelton with Johnathan Hankins for under 6 million dollars.......

Get this "LMAO" and "what planet are you on" trash out of here :facepalm:

Also lol at using rod marinelli level adjectives to try to spin positives on someone who on most teams isn't even on the roster at a 10 million cap hit ("uhh locker-room guy" "uhh dirty work" "uh position flex")

Last edited:

817Gill

Reaction score
Last year you could literally have Danny Shelton with Johnathan Hankins for under 6 million dollars.......

Get this "LMAO" and "what planet are you on" trash out of here :facepalm:
Lmao so you’re just gonna live in a fantasy land where cap hits don’t exist lol? Cutting Crawford last year woulda had 6M in dead cap. Also both those guys were on 1-year prove it deals. You would literally be in a position where you have 2 more FA DT’s this offseason. You can't sign above average players for multiple years with 3M dollar deals, can't sign prove it DT's every year lol.

I’m guessing you’re a “go all in for one year” kinda guy huh

I’ll take Crawford at 3M in 2020 as a chess piece and look for 1 guy in FA and one in the draft.