Twitter: Cowboys HC Mike McCarthy addresses media at the Combine - 02/26/2020

Qcard

Reaction score
Enjoy cheering for Dak and not winning anything..

McCarthy is already laying out the defense excuses for you guys.

The reality is we are paying a player more then he is worth that won't elevate the team.
Lol...it worked for Tony Romo era... I guess

tyke1doe

Reaction score
What's McCarthy going to say? Dak sucks, and we're putting all our cards on the table and our draft picks and trading for Burrow or Tua.
I'm not saying he doesn't believe in Dak, but these statements are completely empty because you can't tell whether McCarthy actually believes it, or he's trying to disguise his next move.
Same with his comments about defense. We could be targeting Henry Ruggs for all we know. This is the time for blowing major smoke.
Anyone got a grain of salt we can split between the forum's denizens?

ESisback

Reaction score
Enjoy cheering for Dak and not winning anything..

McCarthy is already laying out the defense excuses for you guys.

The reality is we are paying a player more then he is worth that won't elevate the team.

Okay, okay! DON’T enjoy Cowboy football! Your choice.

Personally, I think there are 8-10 better QBs, but many Super Bowl winners who aren’t as good.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Literally the opposite lol, he had a 10M cap hit with 5.9 dead money in 2019 and 1.1 if released this offseason.
https://insidethestar.com/will-cowboys-dl-tyrone-crawford-be-a-2019-salary-cap-casualty/
Are you on drugs ? The article you posted LITERALLY says exactly what I stated (5.9 million dollar savings in 2019 if cut, it's the 10.1 million dollar 2019 cap hit minus his 2019/2020 prorated bonus of a combined 4.2). It's a 5.9 million dollar savings for 2019 and would of made the 8 million dollar 2020 base rate come off the books

This is what annoys me, people who don't read and then try to argue by posting an article that states EXACTLY what I have already said twice. 5.9 million is how much you save, not his dead money (you can't have almost 6 million dollars in dead money when you only have 4.2 million dollars total of guranteed money remaining........).

Hankins signed a 1-year deal after his release from Indy
My entire post was 2019 off season. He did NOT sign a 1 year deal in the 2019 off season
Unless you wanted to cut Craw in 2018 for a sizeable cap hit
Cool now your creating made up narratives and applying them to my post. Great work
Both players you suggested were 1-year deals in either 2018 or 2019, you started the narrative
LOL so now it goes from "both players where on 1 year deals in 2019" to "uhhh 2018 or 2019"

There was no narrative. Your the one who ranted about Crawfords replacements being "one year rentals" when that's not true (your trying to downplay Crawford being replace during the 2019 off-season by spinning the narrative as "ohh your a 1 year go for it all guy" which is factually wrong)
you started the narrative
Margus Hunt, Malcom Brown, Shamar Stephen, and Johnathan Hankins literally ALL SIGNED multiple year deals in 2019.

You can't dispute that so your ranting about where they where previously because your the one who originally claimed "You would literally be in a position where you have 2 FA DT’s this offseason" (false, most of the DT's in that class signed multi year deals and none of them would of refused longer deals)

Last edited:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why do you hate "America"....oops I mean "Market Value"?

This isn't a free market. Other teams are not bidding for his services. Right now, Dak is asking to be the top contract in the NFL b/c Dallas has no better options giving him all the leverage. It is an unreasonable salary request b/c he's not even close to being the top Qb in the league.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
McCarthy's 1st impression of Dak

18/27 for 247 Yards 3td 1Int 117qbr 67%

Translation Dak Hater's....take a left on "bye Felicia Blvd" keep going till you find "QB Whisperer Lane".. park on the right in front of "any other 31 NFL team" Blg!

LOL

Loso86

Reaction score
I know we have no line, that's why i'm saying get rid of him and literally sign 2 superior players for the same price (more bodies and more performance). Depth can came in later rounds if they don't end up spending pick on D-line in the 1st 3 rounds which I expect them to do (wouldn't be suprised to see D-line and safety as the first 2 picks)
That's true but if hes cut to 3 or maybe even 4 mil I would keep him

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Missy, if McCarthy didn’t tow the Jerry and Stephen Dak- line he would not have gotten the job. So he’s on the Dak train due to his bosses, not due to any experience he’s had with Dak. If the new offense features a lot of 6-8 yard throws your boy might be successful and maybe that what McCarthy is reflecting. any longer passes and we’re back to above, behind, etc... so maybe keep your party favors in your playpen for a little while longer. Meanwhile, every Eagle, Giant, and Commander fan is praying Jerry overpays Dak for a long, long time.

After hearing such responses (especially about Dak) from Coach Mike McCarthy, ......

Dak-a-haters...

:lmao:

aikemirv

Reaction score
Why do you hate "America"....oops I mean "Market Value"?
Is this a serious question. Market value is not equivalent to the value they truly bring to the team. At 18% of the cap you have to bring a ton of value to the team and win games almost on your own . If your not, no matter what team you play for you are not worth it.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Missy, if McCarthy didn’t tow the Jerry and Stephen Dak- line he would not have gotten the job. So he’s on the Dak train due to his bosses, not due to any experience he’s had with Dak. If the new offense features a lot of 6-8 yard throws your boy might be successful and maybe that what McCarthy is reflecting. any longer passes and we’re back to above, behind, etc... so maybe keep your party favors in your playpen for a little while longer. Meanwhile, every Eagle, Giant, and Commander fan is praying Jerry overpays Dak for a long, long time.
My boy is your boy, too.

Qcard

Reaction score
This isn't a free market. Other teams are not bidding for his services. Right now, Dak is asking to be the top contract in the NFL b/c Dallas has no better options giving him all the leverage. It is an unreasonable salary request b/c he's not even close to being the top Qb in the league.
This must be a new Dak Hater universe....crap! That would mean Dak Hater's have a multiverse...

Even the biggest Dak doubters in the real world Dak is at least worth Franchise Tag..

But carry-on sir with you misinformation

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This must be a new Dak Hater universe....crap! That would mean Dak Hater's have a multiverse...

Even the biggest Dak doubters in the real world Dak is at least worth Franchise Tag..

But carry-on sir with you misinformation

What part of what I wrote is untrue? Dak isn't asking for the top contract? He's the best QB in the league or even close?

2016 was a long time ago.

Qcard

Reaction score
Is this a serious question. Market value is not equivalent to the value they truly bring to the team. At 18% of the cap you have to bring a ton of value to the team and win games almost on your own . If your not, no matter what team you play for you are not worth it.
18% of what Cap? :facepalm:

How can you know the percentage of a cap $ dollar figure that hasn't been established?

This is why having a discussion with Dak Hater's is like talking to aliens.

Bruh.. save me the time...

Mr_437

Reaction score
MM (a real football coach) is definitely refreshing to listen to. Mike n Mike want a defense, but I don't have confidence this FO can deliver. Although in fairness much of the issue stemmed from throwing Rod bones.

Hopefully, they find a decent backup QB cause I don't want anything to stop this offense...this should be fun to watch.

Qcard

Reaction score
What part of what I wrote is untrue?
This part is a lie!!

This isn't a free market. Other teams are not bidding for his services.
Whilst the NFL is not a free market it is a lie to state that other teams are not bidding for Dak's services.

The presence of the Franchise Tag and it's value clearly state the teams as a WHOLE have already agreed on a "bid value" in advance.

This is a lie...
Right now Dak is asking to be the top contract in the NFL b/c Dallas has no better options giving him all the leverage. It is an unreasonable salary request b/c he's not even close to being the top Qb in the league.
Wrong....Dak is just asking for Market Value for a QB that has met every NFL standard metric to be considered a Franchise Tag designee...Not his fault QBs always the set the Market but so what Watson and Mahomes will push Dak to 3rd next off-season and by every Market Value progression Dak's contract won't be top 5 by end of 2021 League Year.

I apologise you did get one thing right. See below Captain Obvious!!!

2016 was a long time ago.
No **** Sherlock...since when did we start throwing out years accrued