Twitter: Cowboys HC Mike McCarthy addresses media at the Combine - 02/26/2020

Tussinman

Reaction score
Cutting Crawford last year woulda had 6M in dead cap
False. Cowboys would of only had to account for the 4.2 million remaing on the signing bonus (would of saved 5.9 million for 2019 and taken his 8 million dollar base rate off the books for 2020)
.Also both those guys were on 1-year prove it deals. You would literally be in a position where you have 2 FA DT’s this offseason.
Hankins signed a multi year deal...... :huh::huh:
That other lineman in his price class where multi year deals as well (Margus Hunt, Malcom Brown, Shamar Stephen)
I’m guessing you’re a “go all in for one year” kinda guy huh
Literally every top 15 DT free agent in 2019 would of taken a multiple year deal and most of them did....... (not sure where this one year deal narrative is coming from ?).
I’ll take Crawford at 3M in 2020 as a chess piece and look for 1 guy in FA and one in the draft.
Agreed. Would free up 5 million in cap and I expect them to spend one of there top 2 picks on D-line

Qcard

Reaction score
Are you lonely or something? You made it a point to go out of your way TWICE to mention "Dak haters" before anyone had anything negative to say about the QB situation.

This whole insane civil war between y'all extremists is really obliterating my enjoyment of this forum. I'm sure that I'm not the only one.

Instead of questioning Big Mac's Analytics team, that seems nonexistent..or reveling in the fact that he specifically mentions building the defense..you have effectively provided the catalyst for this thread to burn up in y'alls crossfire.

Get on with it. You like him. People don't. Stop dragging the entire forum down with the childish banter.
Ever heard of the ignore button?

Use it sir!

As for Dak Hater's I won't rest till their dumb alternate universe evaluation of Prescott is lying in a smoldering heap.......I hope you enjoyed my last post you'll ever see...later Dak Hater's Mama...

Dre11

Reaction score
Enjoy cheering for Dak and not winning anything..

McCarthy is already laying out the defense excuses for you guys.

The reality is we are paying a player more then he is worth that won't elevate the team.

it's always been about the defense holding us back. it did in 2016 and 2015 for sure.

817Gill

Reaction score
False. Cowboys would of only had to account for the 4.2 million remaing on the signing bonus (would of saved 5.9 million for 2019 and taken his 8 million dollar base rate off the books for 2020)
Hankins signed a multi year deal...... :huh::huh:
That other lineman in his price class where multi year deals as well (Margus Hunt, Malcom Brown, Shamar Stephen)
Literally every top 15 DT free agent in 2019 would of taken a multiple year deal and most of them did....... (not sure where this one year deal narrative is coming from ?).
Agreed. Would free up 5 million in cap and I expect them to spend one of there top 2 picks on D-line
Literally the opposite lol, he had a 10M cap hit with 5.9 dead money in 2019 and 1.1 if released this offseason.
https://insidethestar.com/will-cowboys-dl-tyrone-crawford-be-a-2019-salary-cap-casualty/

Hankins signed a 1-year deal after his release from Indy
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...rtedly-agrees-to-1-year-contract-with-raiders He then resigned on a 2-year deal. Unless you wanted to cut Craw in 2018 for a sizeable cap hit for a guy who played on 2 teams in 2 years, we weren't touching him. No one was gonna pry him away from Oakland without big $$$

Both players you suggested were 1-year deals in either 2018 or 2019, you started the narrative
https://www.providencejournal.com/sports/20190520/patriots-re-sign-dt-danny-shelton-to-1-year-deal

Take a look at the list of the top 10 rated DT's last year and the contracts they signed. 5 signed 1-year deals, 2 were tagged so we couldn't touch em, and 1 was injured (M. Wilkerson). https://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/freeagents2019DT.php

I'm good on signing Sheldon Richardson to a big deal and 3 for 30 for Malik Jackson is ridiculous. I'm standing pat on Crawford on the team for cheap being the best option of the ones available. 3M in 2020 is nothing, anything over 4M he needs to go.

Dre11

Reaction score
source.gif

I can't wait til McCarthy claps and you crazies lose your minds...lol

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Enjoy cheering for Dak and not winning anything..

McCarthy is already laying out the defense excuses for you guys.

The reality is we are paying a player more then he is worth that won't elevate the team.

I see you have your defense up. When proven wrong, I want to see that same post enthusiasm.

Big_D

Reaction score
and if the results are the same you'll whine some more...lol

We'll see in 10 years? Go back to your dreamworld that coaching doesn't matter. Garrett was garbage! You defended him for so long and now your lost without him. lol