Twitter: Cowboys HC Mike McCarthy addresses media at the Combine - 02/26/2020

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This part is a lie!!

Whilst the NFL is not a free market it is a lie to state that other teams are not bidding for Dak's services.

The presence of the Franchise Tag and it's value clearly state the teams as a WHOLE have already agreed on a "bid value" in advance.

This is a lie...

Wrong....Dak is just asking for Market Value for a QB that has met every NFL standard metric to be considered a Franchise Tag designee...Not his fault QBs always the set the Market but so what Watson and Mahomes will push Dak to 3rd next off-season and by every Market Value progression Dak's contract won't be top 5 by end of 2021 League Year.

I apologise you did get one thing right. See below Captain Obvious!!!

No **** Sherlock...since when did we start throwing out years accrued

Why the heck are you talking about the franchise tag? I never mentioned it. Do you always make up stuff and then debate it?

Go read. Dak's agent wanted 34M per last June. They want even more now. If you think he's worth 20% of our salary cap, then you are even more delusional than you sound. .... every metric.........accept beating good teams.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...in-out-on-dak-prescott-potential-34m-contract

NumOneQB

Reaction score
I’m glad to see Magic Mike stressing special teams & defense. Defense was spotty on occasion and we all know special teams cost this team a couple of games.

Qcard

Reaction score
Why the heck are you talking about the franchise tag? I never mentioned it. Do you always make up stuff and then debate it?
I am talking about Franchise Tag inorder to counter your lie " that no other team is bidding on Dak". In a debate counter points do happen...
A Franchise Tag designee clearly states baseline bid for the player.
I don't need you to mention it...nor make stuff up. On this universe it is common sense.

Go read. Dak's agent wanted 34M per last June. They want even more now. If you think he's worth 20% of our salary cap, then you are even more delusional than you sound. .... every metric.........accept beating good teams.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...in-out-on-dak-prescott-potential-34m-contract
This is the fuzzy math :lmao2::lmao2:
How do you know the cap beyond 2020 season. How do you know Dak's salary will be 20%

Bye dude

Tussinman

Reaction score
That's true but if hes cut to 3 or maybe even 4 mil I would keep him
Depends on free agency. Danny Shelton (NE), Jordan Phillips (BUF), Shelby Harris (DEN), Bea Allen (Tampa), Michael Pierce (BAL) are all predicted to go for 3-5 million range and there all younger and better than him. If we sign at least 2 of them and/or spend a top pick on D-line then it might not even be worth bringing crawford back for 3-4 million

Not saying it's a terrible idea to bring him back at that range but if new coaches are serious about getting younger and better at that position then he's probably a goner at that price

Loso86

Reaction score
Depends on free agency. Danny Shelton (NE), Jordan Phillips (BUF), Shelby Harris (DEN), Bea Allen (Tampa), Michael Pierce (BAL) are all predicted to go for 3-5 million range and there all younger and better than him. If we sign at least 2 of them and/or spend a top pick on D-line then it might not even be worth bringing crawford back for 3-4 million

Not saying it's a terrible idea to bring him back at that range but if new coaches are serious about getting younger and better at that position then he's probably a goner at that price
Oh I hear you. But thatsbif it's not the same op cowboys. You know they have a hard time getting rid of long time boys

aikemirv

Reaction score
Last edited:

Qcard

Reaction score
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...million-for-the-first-time-in-league-history/

It ain't that hard dude! This is not rocket science - you should be able to handle simple math!
One things for sure you have never negotiate a Professional Athletic contract because in the real world Athletes have agents that deal in facts!

In the real world, when a single period or comma could cost $10s of Millions, agents and athletes don't base their demands or projections of "cbs sports" articles that use words like "could be" or "projected to be" in a setting that does not have an agreement (if you don't know CBA expires 2020)... meaning their are no rules or parameters to base salary percentages or ratios.

Simple math.....:lmao2::lmao2:

This is opportunity and legacy $$

Grow up son!

Bye for real...this time Dak Hater!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
this is a good video of MM interview at combine, it also has 4 guys analyzing what he says at end.
They said some good things too about dak contract.
mike said him and dak have talked on the phone. He said def wins championships. He said offense
will be similar but different. He said he liked his meetings with kellen.
Overall he is getting organized for everything now thru TC,

aikemirv

Reaction score
One things for sure you have never negotiate a Professional Athletic contract because in the real world Athletes have agents that deal in facts!

In the real world, when a single period or comma could cost $10s of Millions, agents and athletes don't base their demands or projections of "cbs sports" articles that use words like "could be" or "projected to be" in a setting that does not have an agreement (if you don't know CBA expires 2020)... meaning their are no rules or parameters to base salary percentages or ratios.

Simple math.....:lmao2::lmao2:

This is opportunity and legacy $$

Grow up son!

Bye for real...this time Dak Hater!

Projected cap 2019 - 187-191

https://www.google.com/search?q=201.....69i57j0l6.5615j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Actual 2019 Cap 188.2

https://www.google.com/search?q=what+was+the+2019+nfl+salary+cap?&oq=what+was+the+2019+nfl+salary+cap?&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l2.7015j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Moron! That's too easy!

Dre11

Reaction score
We'll see in 10 years? Go back to your dreamworld that coaching doesn't matter. Garrett was garbage! You defended him for so long and now your lost without him. lol

I'm still here son. the problem with people like you, you go in cycles, I'll see you crying on Sundays again, that's a solid bet.. lol

Big_D

Reaction score
I'm still here son. the problem with people like you, you go in cycles, I'll see you crying on Sundays again, that's a solid bet.. lol

You're still here crying about Garrett and hoping like hell McCarthy fails. It's sad. I'm glad we have a new coach. That's hope and optimism. Not my fault it didn't exist before. I'll bet you're looking forward to the first bad game and the opportunity to say I told you so... even though you have to wait a decade for it. Garrett sucked. You can't seem to handle that?

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
He reminds me of Admiral Akbar.

maxresdefault.jpg

Dre11

Reaction score
You're still here crying about Garrett and hoping like hell McCarthy fails. It's sad. I'm glad we have a new coach. That's hope and optimism. Not my fault it didn't exist before. I'll bet you're looking forward to the first bad game and the opportunity to say I told you so... even though you have to wait a decade for it. Garrett sucked. You can't seem to handle that?

You haven't seen nobody crying about Garrett. The different between me and you and how far off base you are, I will support MM just like I supported Garrett(and I said that when he was hired) you on the other will cry, B, and moan if things don't go as well as you like because you don't have brain capacity to realize that until the PLAYERS produce the results will be the same as they've been for the last 25 years , not the last decade boomer.

Big_D

Reaction score
You haven't seen nobody crying about Garrett. The different between me and you and how far off base you are, I will support MM just like I supported Garrett(and I said that when he was hired) you on the other will cry, B, and moan if things don't go as well as you like because you don't have brain capacity to realize that until the PLAYERS produce the results will be the same as they've been for the last 25 years , not the last decade boomer.

Sure lets just blame the players?? Has nothing to do with preparation, evaluation, scheme, game management etc. Always an excuse. We'll see how much you support McCarthy when you start comparing the situations while trying to absolve Garrett. I supported Garrett too back in 2007. But thought it was a dumazz hire in 2010. Time didn't lie, he was a waste. Again you can't seem to handle that. There comes a time when a team needs to move on and this one was long overdue. Tough for some to grasp that concept. Do you mean the past 25 years where Gailey got 2, Campo got 3, Phillips got 3 and half. Parcells quit after 4 and Garrett was here for 13 of them??? lol

Dre11

Reaction score
Sure lets just blame the players?? Has nothing to do with preparation, evaluation, scheme, game management etc. Always an excuse. We'll see how much you support McCarthy when you start comparing the situations while trying to absolve Garrett. I supported Garrett too back in 2007. But thought it was a dumazz hire in 2010. Time didn't lie, he was a waste. Again you can't seem to handle that. There comes a time when a team needs to move on and this one was long overdue. Tough for some to grasp that concept. Do you mean the past 25 years where Gailey got 2, Campo got 3, Phillips got 3 and half. Parcells quit after 4 and Garrett was here for 13 of them??? lol

dude the players are the ones who's suppose to execute the gameplan, just about every player cited poor execution. the game planning, game management , preparation was just fine in 2014,2016 and 2018. Do you think they just knew how to gameplan and prepare those years and then forgot?
As I said its been 25 year in which "4" coaches participated in with the same or less results.
I don't care how you break it down 4 5 15 10 or 8, it don't matter.