Cowboys HC Mike McCarthy reportedly getting 'fed up' with Jerry Jones

irishline

Reaction score
The Cowboys have been to 16 NFCCG’s and have won 10 of them.
Pretty sure we have not been to 10 Superbowls, and I know we didn't win either of the two championship games we were in prior to the merge (unfortunately - damn Packers). Technically we are 8-6 in NFCCGs and 0-2 in pre-merge championship games. Those were they days though, I remember them well, wish our younger fans had/have the opportunity to experience anything close to that level success some day.

By the way, to say the current version of the Cowboys (29 years removed from a championship game) resembles the teams from 1966-1995 in almost any way, shape, or form is nothing but a joke.

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Pretty sure we have not been to 10 Superbowls, and I know we didn't win either of the two championship games we were in prior to the merge (unfortunately - damn Packers). Technically we are 8-6 in NFCCGs and 0-2 in pre-merge championship games. Those were they days though.

By the way, to say the current version of the Cowboys (29 years removed from a championship game) resembles the teams from 1966-1995 in almost any way, shape, or form is nothing but a joke.
No one is saying that no matter how hard you want to believe that.

Brax

Reaction score
Nolan was terrible. MM has issues. But compared to Garrett which was Jerry's pick all the way, he is an upgrade. Jerry is the reason why this team sucks and I agree with you.

But what alternatives do we have?
We have none, and Stevie is no wiz kid so it looks like it will be blind luck, did you notice the grand kid at the draft table

Flamma

Reaction score
Pretty sure we have not been to 10 Superbowls, and I know we didn't win either of the two championship games we were in prior to the merge (unfortunately - damn Packers). Technically we are 8-6 in NFCCGs and 0-2 in pre-merge championship games. Those were they days though, I remember them well, wish our younger fans had/have the opportunity to experience anything close to that level success some day.

The Cowboys were in 8 super bowls, so they won 8 championship games. They lost in the seasons of '80, '81, '82, and '94. I don't count the two in the 60s we lost to GB because they were league championship games.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
No I'd say you're wrong again he should be kissing Jerry's feet for not firing him and by the way he didn't have to be here he could have quit the man could have just walked out of it so bad cry me a river you are all are overreacting this is pretty much par for the course the man wouldn't even probably have a job in the NFL right now had enough for Jerry bringing him back and giving him enough weapons to win 36 games two division titles and three straight playoffs...

. So again this guy could have quit why is he crying maybe he isn't cause this sounds like another media clickbait nonsense he's frustrated how about this fans are frustrated after the Green Bay loss and most of us thought he was probably gonna be fired so the man should be very happy having a damn job right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's right I said it and that includes all the fans in here that somehow feel bad for this dude after what happened in that Green Bay game he should have been fired on the spot the man shouldn't even been allowed to be on the plane on the way home he should have been on an American Airlines flight AutoZone now with the team and that includes Dan Quinn having the option to come back or not they should be lucky that Jerry is this forgiving because he should have just fired everyone...

How about this frustration what if we had to just go ahead and traded Prescott and all the weapons and let him be a true lame duck coach with nothing here instead he has a very similar team that he had last year he has a new defensive coordinator that maybe won't throw the game and everyone saying that's it that's what you think we've brought here they brought a middle linebacker some undrafted free agents and a good draft and somehow they did nothing I mean this is pretty much what the Jones have done to get us to that point the last three years this is pretty much what they do...​
And by the way show me all the big moves the Kansas City Chiefs made this year last year and the year before show me all the big name free agents show me all these all in moves that the chiefs have done please before we put the Eagles in the 49ers which are the only teams that usually do this show me the big moves but the team that keeps consistently winning the Super bowl seems to me that keep dismantling more and more stars and they keep winning because they have one of the best head coaches and the best quarterbacks in the league... But I think Amy Reed sure is doing a good job when ain't bringing him saying major names over there they even almost let Chris Jones walk but he didn't get signed until a week before the season last year what big weapons did they bring in did they sign saquon Barkley did they bring in one of the best wide receivers in the league for Patrick mahomes the date sign a bunch of new offensive lineman with big names I mean please show me what all these other teams doing the league outside of two or three of them that our team doesn't really do the pretty much the same thing..​
I just let our last conversation go because we kept going round in circles, and your arguments had nothing to do with what I was talking about. If you're going to go on rants for every sarcastic comments I make then fine, Ill play along....

I would have had zero issues if Jerry fired McCarthy, but he didn't. Keeping the guy around and doing the minimum to improve the team isn't a recipe for success though.

You keep brining up KC, but as I said in the other thread here is the Chiefs vs Cowboys free agent spending the last three years.....

Chiefs

2022: $115M
2023: $171M
2024: $101M

Cowboys

2022: $96M
2023 $85M
2024: $47M

All the information is available to the public so feel free to actually do some research on what other teams are doing in free agency to have a real discussion instead of just rambling on and on about how other posters are wrong because of how you feel.

The offsesason isnt over so it could change, but the Cowboys literally have the lowest payroll in the NFL this season at $218M. The Chiefs are spending $285M, the Eagles $345. No one was saying they needed to go get a top free agent and sign them to a $100M contract. It's absolutely fair if McCarthy is upset about the RB situation for example where the Cowboys couldn't even pay someone $5M to upgrade the position. Nothing against Eric Kendricks, he is a solid player but he was a 1 year $3M signing. This isn't a guy that teams were lining up to sign. 22 other linebackers received more than him in free agency this year. He's a pretty average player that is an upgrade for us mostly because our linebackers were the worst in the league a year ago.

Rayman70

Reaction score
R.1fe12b7ec0dca8111c52a497c460ce7e

DandyDon52

Reaction score
now they should do another article on Jerry is getting fed up with MM!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lets amp this thing up into a brawl between the two!

I am fed up with both of them, so maybe then one on Fans fed up with Jerry and Mike !!!!!!!!

Rayman70

Reaction score
now they should do another article on Jerry is getting fed up with MM!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lets amp this thing up into a brawl between the two!

I am fed up with both of them, so maybe then one on Fans fed up with Jerry and Mike !!!!!!!!
AMEN. I agree

Motorola

Reaction score
You don't get fired when your contract expires.
Yes that's true.
But many people look at a coach's contract not being renewed by a GM \ owner in pro sports - or an athletic director in college - as a dismissal = firing...no matter if the two parties involved attempt to paint it as "a mutual agreement to part ways".
Exhibit A: Jason Garrett.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Yes that's true.
But many people look at a coach's contract not being renewed by a GM \ owner in pro sports - or an athletic director in college - as a dismissal = firing...no matter if the two parties involved attempt to paint it as "a mutual agreement to part ways".
Exhibit A: Jason Garrett.
To me, wade was fired, JG was let go as in part ways.
To be actually fired would have to be before your contract is up.

plasticman

Reaction score
JJ is 81. People who aren’t billionaires and don’t have access to the best healthcare money can buy live into their nineties. Unless you know Jerry is dying from some disease, I don’t know why people think he doesn’t have enough time to start over. This isn’t the expansion and non-free agency era where it could take between five to ten years to build a championship roster. If you find a franchise QB who doesn’t spit the bit in the playoffs then the team can be a contender practically every year.
You are correct....generally speaking.

“From 2001 to 2014, the richest Americans gained about five years of longevity"

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/20/survey-millionaires-think-theyre-going-to-live-to-100.html

The current life expectancy for those living in the U.S. is 79.25 years

https://www.macrotrends.net/global-metrics/countries/USA/united-states/life-expectancy

Jerry Jones is 81, as you say. This realization is a key element in his decision making.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Jerry , his staff, coaches, and roster all four receive respect in rankings.

I'm not crying in the mean time when my job is rooting and watching. At a variety of periods during each season, good football does break out.

I don't think Jerry waits around for phone calls from billion dollar ownerships...

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
‘Listen here tubby, you get me my Super Bowl, or you can kiss your buffets at the Star goodbye! And they won’t be making that special lemon meringue pie you love!’

jones-jerry072716-getty-ftrjpg_ag9tjf249j1m1n4oapieyegcn.jpg