Cowboys HC Mike McCarthy reportedly getting 'fed up' with Jerry Jones

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Oh, please. I read about this like a month ago. McCarthy is whistling Dixie to be a head coach for one more year. He lied to Jerry to get the job, has gone along with everything Jerry has wanted like a good walkabout coach, and knows as well as we do that he should have been fired before the last fan was out of the stadium after the Green Bay game.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Story by Josh Sanchez
6/22/24

Some believe Mike McCarthy is entering the final year of his contract with the Dallas Cowboys as a "lame duck" head coach. There is no question that it is Super Bowl or bust for McCarthy in Big D, but Jerry Jones and the Cowboys' decision-makers did not make any aggressive moves in the offseason to improve their roster.

Tyler Dunne of Go Long says he spoke with Cowboys sources who discussed McCarthy's approach entering the 2024 season. For starters, they believe allowing McCarthy to coach on the final year of his contract is a mistake. Another interesting note is that McCarthy believes Jerry Jones is undermining him and putting him in a no-win situation. And, according to Dunne, McCarthy is getting fed up with the situation.

More: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...r&cvid=7cd1f5a88e024279dffca41ce3f59933&ei=13

BB1oHVw4.img
Jerry has been undermining his hc for three decades. His only hc requirement? Jerry must feel comfortable with the hc and not feel threatened.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Story by Josh Sanchez
6/22/24

Some believe Mike McCarthy is entering the final year of his contract with the Dallas Cowboys as a "lame duck" head coach. There is no question that it is Super Bowl or bust for McCarthy in Big D, but Jerry Jones and the Cowboys' decision-makers did not make any aggressive moves in the offseason to improve their roster.

Tyler Dunne of Go Long says he spoke with Cowboys sources who discussed McCarthy's approach entering the 2024 season. For starters, they believe allowing McCarthy to coach on the final year of his contract is a mistake. Another interesting note is that McCarthy believes Jerry Jones is undermining him and putting him in a no-win situation. And, according to Dunne, McCarthy is getting fed up with the situation.

More: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...r&cvid=7cd1f5a88e024279dffca41ce3f59933&ei=13

BB1oHVw4.img
Rightfully so. Everyone is in a make or break year except the GM who did nothing. If this goes bad he may never get another head coaching job again. It’s insult.

Praxit

Reaction score
...that GB game will linger with Jerry until his time. If there was a denominational side to MM, it was to WIN that game.

Jerry is probably fed up with options. You pay people big bucks. Still cant win. You get best coaches. Still cant win.

You offer Bitcoin for everyone. Still cant win.

Three straight 12-5 seasons. One playoff win. Jerry says, "Its hammer time" ..
200.webp

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
...that GB game will linger with Jerry until his time. If there was a denominational side to MM, it was to WIN that game.

Jerry is probably fed up with options. You pay people big bucks. Still cant win. You get best coaches. Still cant win.

You offer Bitcoin for everyone. Still cant win.

Three straight 12-5 seasons. One playoff win. Jerry says, "Its hammer time" ..
200.webp
Jerry is looking at everyone but himself….

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This year is just wasted.

It sucks. They put no effort into improving the team.

The Cowboys biggest problem is they think everything is going to just come to them and they don’t have to put effort into acquiring talent.
Yep. He thinks a Super Bowl just knocks on your day and comes to you.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Weird article. Its headline is about McCarthy. Most of the short article is about McCarthy. Then there is some out of place mention of Dak being a good QB.

plymkr

Reaction score
Too busy making mojo moments and giving the massages!
Lol, every time you say mojo I think of Austin Powers. I’m about ready to break out The Spy Who Shagged Me. (That’s a movie, not some guy locked in my closet or something)

Jfconrow

Reaction score
Trance is not going to sniff the field.
I agree. So Trey gets cut also because he’s not signing a 5m 15m deal to be the starter. So Dallas has no QBs. I think that’s what they want a fresh start. I’m sure they can find a qb somewhere, they probably already have one ore two stashed somewhere

plymkr

Reaction score
McCarthy believes Jerry Jones is undermining him and putting him in a no-win situation.
I don’t feel McCarthy has anything to complain about because anyone who knows anything about the Cowboys knows this is how Jerry treats his coaches. He’s been doing this since Jimmy left. It’s kind of like dating the girl in town who publicly discusses having an open relationship, then you’re mad she sleeps with someone else. It’s like you knew this going in, what’s the surprise?

doomsday9084

Reaction score
This year is just wasted.

It sucks. They put no effort into improving the team.

The Cowboys biggest problem is they think everything is going to just come to them and they don’t have to put effort into acquiring talent.
No one really talked about it on this or other Cowboys forums but Dallas was in "go for it" mode a few years ago. I believe the Cowboys lead the league in cash spent at one point.

Unfortunately, the cash was spent poorly and the bills are coming due.

Overall, the idea that "the cap is a myth" is a myth. Teams can overspend for a period of a few years but then have to deal with the consequences and that is what is happening this year. I'm actually glad that the team didn't double down on this version. It wouldn't have worked and it would have made the pain felt later that much worse. Just start pulling that band aid off . . .

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Story by Josh Sanchez
6/22/24

BB1oHVw4.img
If we struggle early, McCarthy is definitely the scapegoat.