Signed by Cowboys Cowboys hire Greg Ellis as assistant DL Coach

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I like Ellis, and the only thing that comes to mind when i think of his career is Jerry bypassing Moss to get him. For me it is an underwhelming hire, sort of like Lett. Asst D LIne coach is like Asst Waterboy.. But it is what it is...a lame duck year, late in the game and you are not gonna get premier assistants at this time. Isn't great, and isn't bad...just MEH.....

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I like Ellis, and the only thing that comes to mind when i think of his career is Jerry bypassing Moss to get him. For me it is an underwhelming hire, sort of like Lett. Asst D LIne coach is like Asst Waterboy.. But it is what it is...a lame duck year, late in the game and you are not gonna get premier assistants at this time. Isn't great, and isn't bad...just MEH.....
You can thank Mac Brown for the childcare recommendation and curse both Chan Gailey and WR coach Dwain Painter for their shortsightedness.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Relax man lol.

He is an assistant. He’s just getting his feet wet and can help with the ends
No, I'm not going to relax because this is all so stupid. Greg Ellis has not demonstrated he is a good coach or hire. He does not have a good resume. This is a comfort hire for Jerry, and that is all it will ever be.

2024 is already a joke for the Cowboys and we aren't even to the annual free agency yacht vacation yet.

How can you drink the kool-aid so darn easily on these moves? Do you want the Cowboys to actually succeed? These comfortable hires are setting this team back right before your very eyes.

Come back at me at the end of the season and let's see if I was right.

MyFairLady

Reaction score

Coaching career[edit]​

In 2020, Ellis returned to football to become the head football coach at Texas College. The 2020 season was canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. During the 2021 football season, the Texas College lost all of their 11 games.

At least he is consistent.