Signed by Cowboys Cowboys hire Greg Ellis as assistant DL Coach

bigE79

Reaction score
Well, well, wellllllllllllll.

I love this. I see that Ellis just started doing some head coaching in some smaller colleges... so this makes sense to me.

Who's next?

Terence, are you soured on coaching, or would you want to give it another shot as an Asst DBs coach in DAL?
What's Dennis Thurman up to?

75boyz

Reaction score
Jerry gave Lett a check for a number of years too. I guess it's Ellis's turn now.

Jerry does have a good heart on him for his former players.
I'll give him that.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Hahaha, Greg wasn't right him the head. They need a crazy guy like him in the fold.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
So he'll teach our guys to "almost" sake the QB? :) :)
Gee, to the more seasoned eye, he'll teach players to always fill their gaps and not freelance to get to the QB.

"Waaa, our run D sucks" -- team hires a guy known for his run D .. "waaa, we need to get to the QB."

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Now I likey this. I actually threw Gregs name out there a couple days ago as a dine line coach. I cant believe they actually did it. Great move.

That, and he was a bright spot during our 5-11 years. Plus, I remember him signing an autograph for me when I watched my first live Cowboys game against the Panthers in 2002. I'm happy with this hire.

Rayman70

Reaction score
That, and he was a bright spot during our 5-11 years. Plus, I remember him signing an autograph for me when I watched my first live Cowboys game against the Panthers in 2002. I'm happy with this hire.
wow, thats very cool stuff. He seems like a great human being too. Grounded. He was always steady eddie and played a good while in the NFL. He never gets the love he deserves. His stats are crazy good.Good solid draft pick.