Cowboys in longest playoff appearance drought in 24 years

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Random depressing fact: The last time the Cowboys went 4 or more consecutive seasons without a playoff appearance was from 1986-1990.

Bonus random depressing fact: The last time the Cowboys won a road playoff game (excluding Super Bowls, which are at neutral venues) was the 1992 NFC Championship Game.

Let's end both skids soon.

Dday22t

Reaction score
Still think the Campo years were worse. At least last 3 season we were playing for playoffs on the final game. But yeah couple years left for Romo then it's going to be back to no QB and some real problems until we find one.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Still think the Campo years were worse. At least last 3 season we were playing for playoffs on the final game. But yeah couple years left for Romo then it's going to be back to no QB and some real problems until we find one.

It's not even a contest.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

Campo has high school kids for talent. Garrett has had Romo all throughout his coaching career and can't even win one game to get us into the playoffs. In Campo's case he has had not talent to work with. Garrett was given a silver spoon in a top 5 QB in Romo and a team that just made the playoffs. Garrett so far has failed miserably.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Campo has high school kids for talent. Garrett has had Romo all throughout his coaching career and can't even win one game to get us into the playoffs. In Campo's case he has had not talent to work with. Garrett was given a silver spoon in a top 5 QB in Romo and a team that just made the playoffs. Garrett so far has failed miserably.

Garrett did not inherit a playoff team. Had the Cowboys been that he wouldn't have gotten the job from Phillips.

morasp

Reaction score

I always think of those years as the Larry Lacewell years.

visionary

Reaction score

Garrett and campo are not far apart
Neither is an effective HC, the difference is that Garrett can talk the talk

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
It is just SO DIFFICULT to think optimistically when Jerry still owns the team - and he is acting GM. And the problem is he's got the cash to get interferon injections and live until he's 125 years old. :(

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I guess I must have been dreaming that many predicted us to go to the SB that year, one year after a playoff win.

Preseason predictions. LOL

I guess I was dreaming that JG inherited a team that had lost 5 straight and was 1-7 overall.

Revisionist history is fun!

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I guess I must have been dreaming that many predicted us to go to the SB that year, one year after a playoff win.

Yeah.

People were riding high because of all the talent. Season went south and suddenly the team didn't have any talent at all.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Preseason predictions. LOL

I guess I was dreaming that JG inherited a team that had lost 5 straight and was 1-7 overall.

Revisionist history is fun!

He inherited a team that quit on Wade. Any team that quits will lose a bunch regardless of talent.

Jason earned the job after the 2010 season by getting what Wade couldn't.

Effort. Or did the team suddenly have a mass influx in talent right after Wade was fired?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have homers who think that things are okay and nothing is wrong with the team.

Therefore, we shouldn't care about these valid facts.

No. We don't.

We have realists who have to resort to pure fantasy to try to score points with other realists, though. And that goes for a lot more than just your post above, by the way.

Dodger12

Reaction score
This is worse than the Campo years. You expect down years when your franchise QB retires. Plus, we were coming off our SB contending years and you can be patient while the team struggles to find a QB. When you trot out the likes of Anthony Wright, QC, Hutch, Clint Stoerner, Ryan Leaf, etc., you realistically don't expect to win. The only difference between now and then is Tony Romo. It's really too bad that the prime of his career was wasted on some mystical multi-year rebuilding project.