Cowboy's interest in Taylor Mays?

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
If he would of came out last year I doubt they would have had a chance to sniff him and I would of been coming out of my skin if they did.

Now.............ehk

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I keep wondering if this guy wouldn't be a candidate to play the Mike. It would reduce his coverage liability and take advantage of his size and speed. He's still be a little on the small size but he could always add a few pounds to that frame.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3262262 said:
he looked pretty good yesterday

The guy is a great athlete. I watched him play several times, never really saw him get burnt like people are talking about. I'm not saying he didn't, I just have not seen the footage. It would be nice if someone could post something. What I did see was a Monster sitting back there playing center field, he sure did stand out and seemed like he was all over the field.

If he could cover it would be a no brainer. The question is how bad are the coverage skills, and how much is just negativity because of our past experience with RW (S)? I'm not sure.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3262270 said:
in the 2nd round?

ehhh maybe. He does have insane measurables.

Rd2 for sure

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I live in Pac 10 country and he can really hit. I think OL is a bigger need than Safety. If both are there I'd take Iupati over him in a second.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Hostile;3262556 said:
I live in Pac 10 country and he can really hit. I think OL is a bigger need than Safety. If both are there I'd take Iupati over him in a second.

I dont want anything to do with Mays. We need guys who can roam around and make plays on the ball, and he doesnt do that.

Iupati looks like a project to me. Maybe he'd be good down the road, but I think people had this guy already in Canton before seeing very much of him, and he wasnt impressive at all yesterday. Doesnt mean he wont be good, but I doubt he'd start from day one unless somebody got hurt.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dbair1967;3262562 said:
I dont want anything to do with Mays. We need guys who can roam around and make plays on the ball, and he doesnt do that.

Iupati looks like a project to me. Maybe he'd be good down the road, but I think people had this guy already in Canton before seeing very much of him, and he wasnt impressive at all yesterday. Doesnt mean he wont be good, but I doubt he'd start from day one unless somebody got hurt.
That metaphor is so overplayed the Macarena is jealous.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;3262562 said:

maybe not in college

but he flashed skills yesterday

the hate for Mays and the love for Iupati are both exaggerated and irrational

Reaction score
LOL, no way he's there in the 2nd. He can probably go in the top 15 based on his measurables alone. Maybe to seattle with there 2nd pick in the 1st. Im not a fan of him but he is a great centerfielder and plays decent in zone. He is just brutal in man coverage. I'd hate to say this but I have a gut feeling Jones will take him in the 1st if he falls, big name player, fills a need. I hate to say it but it could happen.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Mays is now awesome b/c a crappy QB floated him a gift? Which he didnt exactly pounce on, then slid after the catch.

And on Iupatis sack(giggidy), Romo would have thrown well before that or escaped. Wasnt exactly a whiff.

He does need to punch though

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3262646 said:
Mays is now awesome b/c a crappy QB floated him a gift? Which he didnt exactly pounce on, then slid after the catch.

And on Iupatis sack(giggidy), Romo would have thrown well before that or escaped. Wasnt exactly a whiff.

He does need to punch though

it's not that Mays was awesome or anything, but he was coached this week to make plays on the ball, and he did that during the game

and I think with more pro coaching, he can make up for some of his shortcomings, such as man coverage and being a Ken Hamlin-make-no-plays-even-though-you-play-center-field clone

jjktkk

Reaction score
I think Jerry and co. will use a high pick on a safety, probably not at 27, but I'm guessing their 2nd rounder. I hope whatever safety is on their board, that guy will be a ballhawking type especially after watching the Roy Williams and Kenny Hamlins of the world. I want a guy who excels in coverage and can go get the ball. right now, other than Travis Mays, I do not know the top safeties available in the draft. Is Earl Thomas coming out. Would appreciate it if someone on here with more info on the available safeties in the upcoming draft could post some names .

:starspin

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I don't think Mays has the coverage skills necessary to play safety. I hope we don't draft him at all much less with the top pick.

Reaction score
jjktkk;3262670 said:
I think Jerry and co. will use a high pick on a safety, probably not at 27, but I'm guessing their 2nd rounder. I hope whatever safety is on their board, that guy will be a ballhawking type especially after watching the Roy Williams and Kenny Hamlins of the world. I want a guy who excels in coverage and can go get the ball. right now, other than Travis Mays, I do not know the top safeties available in the draft. Is Earl Thomas coming out. Would appreciate it if someone on here with more info on the available safeties in the upcoming draft could post some names .

:starspin

:lmao: :lmao: its taylor first off
and guys like Nate Allen, Morgan Burnett, chad jones, rashed jones, are more ballhawk types that should be tehre in 2nd.

robert johnson, Ansah Owusu, Major Wright, Myron lewis are guys that would be there in later rounds such as 3-4