Twitter: Cowboys interest in TE Brate

blumayne38

Reaction score
Lmao the trade gurus crack me UP! “Nah a 3rd is too much, nothing more then a 4th” :muttley:

CB61

Reaction score
Depends on if the trade is mutually beneficial, which means it would have to be player for player. I'd go straight up Randy Gregory for Dix. With Irving and Collins back, Crawford could move back outside to rotate at left end (on run downs) and Armstrong could move back to right end to rotate with Charlton.

The trade could come back to bite us (there's the risk), but right now Gregory is lots of speed with little production. The Packers would have to buy into his potential and the risk of him suffering a drug setback.

The trade also could be good for Charlton because Gregory is a speed rusher who gets more pass-rushing snaps because his potential there is higher.
Of course I was just forming an opinion on whether they would trade with the Cowboys or not funny that they traded with the Commanders and did not get anything in return or anything that helps them immediately which the Cowboys probably could have provided on a completely different note people have me all excited about this Cameron brate thing was waiting right to the last minute to happen I mean Jerry could probably make whistler's mother trade something if he had something he wanted lol !! Good points. I always like a good discussion

CB61

Reaction score
Throw in 20m for Demarcus Lawrence, 20-25m for Dak, say 15-16m for Cooper. THen you have Elliott and Jaylon to consider, along with Byron Jones. We can't just start throwing around draft picks on every high dollar guy that becomes available. You can play with the cap for sure, but there are limits.
Yep it makes it really tough when you look at all those people we need to sign only thing I would disagree with this the money for Prescott at this point and then that's hard to really argue against people are saying he isn't getting a fair shot but the offensive line, play calling Etc I'm hoping that the Amari Cooper trade really gives them a good look at Prescott before they spend the money. The Cowboys issues over the last few years has always been the dead money and of course the uncapped year

CB61

Reaction score
He's immediately improves the TE squad.
I agree I watched a lot of film of him last night it's just too bad they didn't pull the trigger must be the asking price was too much or he wasn't available

Reactions: CWR

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
He's alright, nothing we had to make a move for.

At this point, you might as well see what you have in Swaim, Rico, Jarwin, and Schultz...not much, IMO, but no reason to throw away a draft pick on a guy that you can get in next years draft anyway.

CB61

Reaction score
Way too expensive. First off he we see that he isn't even the best TE on the Bucs team. He is limited athletically just like our guys. Secondly, he just got a 7m a year contract from the Bucs. We cannot continue to grab expensive free agents at every spot. Yes, we do have sal cap money in the next few years, but we also have huge contracts coming up. Dak possibly, Zeke, Demarcus Lawrence, Byron Jones, Jaylon Smith. Can't have 10 guys making top of position salaries.
Well I imagine they thought the same way you did because they didn't pull the trigger he their asking price was too high or he wasn't available I liked what I saw of him on film but he did seem real slow and unmotivated don't know why or if that could have been changed but we'll never find out not this year anyway on the Cowboys

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
These speculations seem to believe that the FO didnt speak with the agent of Amari or any player before a big trade deal.:huh:
The same with the speculations that he will be the player he was 2 seasons ago. Maybe he does, maybe he really is closer to 2017 Cooper, or somewhere in between.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
looks like no other trades
You guys all seem bummed out.

Kind of like the old days when people would get excited when Jerry Jones' jet would land somewhere and then people would think the free agency game was on.